Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Frustrated about Finnair fares?? How about this new Flybe fare

Old Dec 22, 2011, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Finnair Platinum; Intercontinental Ambassador

So here I was, knowing that I have to get one way on a 3 day notice from HEL-TLL. Go to Flybe.fi/.ee and to my great surprise you can't buy a ticket from there. So next stop finnair and the price for one way HEL-TLL is €342. That's over 4 euros per mile. Has to be the most expensive flight in the universe. The two random returns i tried didn't end up being much cheaper so a ferry it was - but f*** me this is ridiculous...
Old Dec 22, 2011, 2:13 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by helahela
So here I was, knowing that I have to get one way on a 3 day notice from HEL-TLL. Go to Flybe.fi/.ee and to my great surprise you can't buy a ticket from there. So next stop finnair and the price for one way HEL-TLL is €342. That's over 4 euros per mile. Has to be the most expensive flight in the universe. The two random returns i tried didn't end up being much cheaper so a ferry it was - but f*** me this is ridiculous...
Copterline is €225...
Old Dec 22, 2011, 3:00 pm

Programs: AY Gold
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Copterline is €225...
Starts from 89e one way.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 7:04 am

Programs: Spire, Hilton D, Accor P, SPG Plat, Radisson G, Shangri-La Diamond, Hertz PC, AY Lumo
Alternatives

I feel your pain. I've noticed Finnair is usually most expensive place to buy Finnair tickets. I just flew from ARN-HEL-ARN for 89€ and purchased ticket from eticket.fi Finnair offered same ticket for 129€ with all the cost and extras. Only downside with eticket.fi was that I could not add my ff number and their reservation code was useless for checkmytrip or any such. It is also possible to buy cheap oneway tickets through online travel sites which Finnair never offers.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Andaman
Starts from 89e one way.
... and so much cooler then AY !!
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:50 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by finflyer
Only downside with eticket.fi was that I could not add my ff number and their reservation code was useless for checkmytrip or any such.
Maybe they use SABRE or Galileo/Travelport - see https://www.virtuallythere.com or https://mytripandmore.com
Old Jan 5, 2012, 4:19 pm

Programs: Spire, Hilton D, Accor P, SPG Plat, Radisson G, Shangri-La Diamond, Hertz PC, AY Lumo
TPJ, thanks for the tip. Did not even know those sites exist.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.