Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Online seat selection gone??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2015, 12:23 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, United Silver, Garuda Silver, Delta Silver
About a week ago I was able to change my seats (Biz - paid) in the manage my booking page. However for the past 3 days or so I have been unable to look at or change my seats again. Quite frustrating...
Old Jun 19, 2015, 12:46 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by Flyer Sean
About a week ago I was able to change my seats (Biz - paid) in the manage my booking page. However for the past 3 days or so I have been unable to look at or change my seats again. Quite frustrating...
have you tried the Qatar site?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:17 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Please read here:
http://www.finnair.com/int/gb/flight...lect-your-seat

In short, unless you meet certain criteria written under "You can select a seat free of charge in the following cases:" on that page, you need to either pay for seat selection or wait until check in to select seat for free.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 12:23 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Flyer Sean
Seat selection works for me for all my upcoming flights. Temporary glitch?
Old Jun 20, 2015, 3:22 am

Programs: AY+, Aeroplan, Club Accor Platinum, HH Gold
Its working again for me now.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Ok, it works again. You must be careful to wait for the pages to finish loading before clicking anywhere.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 8:14 am

Programs: AA plat
And it's broken again. At least for me, MMB, seat selection crashes. Come on Finnair IT, try to be better than SAS IT
Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:51 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by delerium
And it's broken again. At least for me, MMB, seat selection crashes. Come on Finnair IT, try to be better than SAS IT
Works for me. Although it still seems that my next AY long-haul will be on 747-400 343. I wasn't able to reserve a seat on the 1.5th deck...
Old Jun 25, 2015, 12:31 pm

Aircraft Type: Boeing 747-400 E90
Aircraft Type: Boeing 747-400 32B

When I select the seats and press OK, then Confirm to confirm the booking, it says "One moment", then downloads a file called "GenericServicing.action" and nothing happens after that.

This happens for me all the time nowadays when my booking is booked via OTA and I have my AA PLT number on the reservation and I try to choose emergency exit seats. My only option is to call Finnair and have them choose the seats for me.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 5:52 pm
Suspended

Aircraft Type: Boeing 747-400 E90
Aircraft Type: Boeing 747-400 32B

When I select the seats and press OK, then Confirm to confirm the booking, it says "One moment", then downloads a file called "GenericServicing.action" and nothing happens after that.

This happens for me all the time nowadays when my booking is booked via OTA and I have my AA PLT number on the reservation and I try to choose emergency exit seats. My only option is to call Finnair and have them choose the seats for me.

Hey delerium. I'm not a expertee but it seems we all go thru this issues with selective seats. My bet to you is try a diferent browser.. for example Internet explorer open that go back to the finnair website. THEN log into there using internet browser. If that doesn't work. Then delete the page from internet explorer THEN try Firefox browser... go back as normal finnair website.. log in like you normally normal do. And try that.. There has to be a clitch at your side. But if non of that works. Try do it again in 5 hours time. Just let things settle. But also make sure you don't just leave behind the finnair website open for ages without using it because you just log in the finnair website.. Make sure you close the page when your not using it. I hope that helps for you. I have a similarity issue with that but with airberlin but my packages are 80% all by finnair.

When you phone finnair if they can do it for you. Then it totally means 99% of all times it is your browser or you have popups block due to virus and so on on your computer. If you don't want to wait 5 hours and try again why don't you turn the computer off restart and turn the computer on and then wait 1 hour AND THEN log into finnair website. It may be posible it is your browser issues there and even lack of internet at most cases. So try that.

If you want to see the live seat map... try what i told you. when you go there you dont need to select anything but you can see a live seating map of the plane it will also show a black cross where your actually going to be seating you can also find out who may be seating next to you. Of course with another cross next to you or something.

But im sure it is your browser.. If finnair can help you... then it is your problem with your browser.. Try update your windows too! Good luck

TIP: When you call finnair and request seating. If she/he can't help you at this stage then it also means it isn't your problem with your browsers at all. But if they can see the maping live seating requierments and request seating over the phone. Then it is you the brower issue at your end of the computer. I learn at that before. Try my ways of doing it. You MUST loook at the seat live map of your plane you be on. You have the rights to see where you be seating and how it is configurated and and where the toilets and windows are and so on with the map.

Goodluck.

Last edited by citro; Jun 25, 2015 at 6:05 pm
Old Jun 26, 2015, 8:42 am

Thanks for your suggestions but I've tried Firefox, Chrome on my PC and also IE on my work laptop, all resulting in exactly the same. So it's not about my PC.

When I last called about the seating issue, the agent wasn't able to confirm the seating until taking my FFP number off the reservation and putting it back.

Actually I haven't tried doing that myself yet, but there has not been a change in status...

edit: WOW, That did it! Editing my booking, taking my FFP number off from the reservation and confirming, then adding it again and confirming, then coming back to select seats and now it works! Hopefully this will help others if the same problem occurs to you!

Last edited by delerium; Jun 26, 2015 at 8:52 am
Old Jun 26, 2015, 7:37 pm
Suspended

Thanks for your suggestions but I've tried Firefox, Chrome on my PC and also IE on my work laptop, all resulting in exactly the same. So it's not about my PC.

When I last called about the seating issue, the agent wasn't able to confirm the seating until taking my FFP number off the reservation and putting it back.

Actually I haven't tried doing that myself yet, but there has not been a change in status...

edit: WOW, That did it! Editing my booking, taking my FFP number off from the reservation and confirming, then adding it again and confirming, then coming back to select seats and now it works! Hopefully this will help others if the same problem occurs to you!
Yers it can be a pain stacking frustrating when things like this does happen. Remember YOU DO NOT want to edit and delete and this and that tyo your already paid package holiday. You do that and your most likely cancelating your trip and then re-pay again later. So don't muck around with your bookings please.. Because delete something can also lead on cancelation of your holiday you already paid in the first place. Just be sure your doing right and know exactly what your doing before you delete numbers and so on. I already have my package paid so im not dare to delete soemthing or cancel anything.

Oh tho i have seats paid for all finnair. Just not the qantas fleet from brisbane to singapore which is yet a AY by finnair.... Qantas and finnair cant get me a seat number until i reach to the airport first.... oh well.

By the way what is this FFP your talking about ? you should have a unique log in number and letters.. dont delete things because you end up intuitively cancellation your full strip complete and without notice. And sometiems with a bit of a mistake... you won't get your full refund cash back for the next few weeks or even nothing or half the money.

But im only saying this that your booking hjas everything correct and if you delete and redo it.. your pretty much cancellation things... and this can lead to loosing your trip. So careful
Old Jun 27, 2015, 3:18 am

I meant when I go to the Manage my Booking site on Finnair.com, I clear the frequent flyer number field, then save the changes. Not "cancel trip" or anything like that
Old Jun 27, 2015, 6:42 am
Suspended

Good to hear. Are you going on the economy seating? From and to?

And are you choosing comfort seats or normal standard seats ? I personally don't no the diferents.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 7:17 am

Oneworld Elites (Sapphire, Emerald) can choose comfort seats for free on Finnair longhaul flights and exit seats on shorthaul. Unfortunately my company policy forces me to fly economy class so for me it's important to be able to choose the less painful option whenever possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.