Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finland, Finnair, and credit cards - pre 2020 discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finland, Finnair, and credit cards - pre 2020 discussion

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2019, 2:27 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by OHPlatsku
Been using my metal Platinum card for one month now. Used referral application (20k points), how quickly do the points usually post?
Within days from reaching spend threshold
Old May 25, 2019, 5:16 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Amex Finland airline points transfers

Having read US Amex and its competitors transfer instantly to Flying Blue, I called Amex Finland on Thursday to verify the website information "5 business days" for all programs. I was told transfer time for all programs is 5 biz days. So I decided to test it out. I instigated a transfer to not only Finnair and Flying Blue, but also BA, SAS and Delta. Here's what happened.

Transfers executed on the self-service portal on Thursday just before 5pm.
  • Delta: instant transfer
  • SAS: next day around noon (Friday)
  • Finnair: two days (Saturday)
  • BA: two days (Saturday)
  • Flying Blue: two days (Saturday)
ffay005, vulle, SPBanker and 1 others like this.
Old May 25, 2019, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by OHPlatsku
Been using my metal Platinum card for one month now. Used referral application (20k points), how quickly do the points usually post?
I have a friend that signed up before 30.4 and he had the same problem when I heard of him last week. Don't know if he have called CS yet, because normally the points post as soon you use the card once. If the the points don't post I guess you have to call them.
Old May 25, 2019, 10:29 am

Is it just me or Finland's AmEx customer service is at the moment, so terrible. Called to update address last month on the only AmEx FI card I am still keeping and it wasnt updated. Bill went to old address. Called again in recently, when I got anther bill diverted back via Posti and the rep was just in a hurry to get me off the phone! Saying it is your job to update your address, we cant do that for you. (Despite telling her I already did once!)

She even went on to tell me she has other things she is doing there that needed to get completed Maybe these people are just frustrated these day with all the offers they throw out there to get customers and didn't expected the volume of work will increase
Old May 25, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by remymartin
Having read US Amex and its competitors transfer instantly to Flying Blue, I called Amex Finland on Thursday to verify the website information "5 business days" for all programs. I was told transfer time for all programs is 5 biz days. So I decided to test it out. I instigated a transfer to not only Finnair and Flying Blue, but also BA, SAS and Delta. Here's what happened.

I have done a couple of transfers into DL. Both posted at DL instantly.
Old May 26, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by remymartin

This was very valuable, thanks!

I've recently tranferred to BA, too, and I believe it took two days in both instances for me, too.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:14 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Slightly off topic, but Amex opens "Lounge on the go" at Vanda (and Kastrup)

The concept is as this: Go to espresso house airside, show your boarding pass and platinum card, get breakfast (05-11) or lunch kit (11-22) for free for yourself and 1 guest.

Valid only once a day (I guess they are aware of ARN/OUL runners
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: Finnair Platinum, OWE
Originally Posted by intuition
Slightly off topic, but Amex opens "Lounge on the go" at Vanda (and Kastrup)

The concept is as this: Go to espresso house airside, show your boarding pass and platinum card, get breakfast (05-11) or lunch kit (11-22) for free for yourself and 1 guest.

Valid only once a day (I guess they are aware of ARN/OUL runners
Is this concept already in use at HEL?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 4:22 am
Moderator, Finnair

Yes, I think so. Message states a date frame of june 13 -- december 31.

Last edited by intuition; Jun 14, 2019 at 4:29 am
Old Jun 14, 2019, 4:45 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Deleted.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Landing in 1 hour at HEL and will check this out
intuition likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by FFlash
Landing in 1 hour at HEL and will check this out
This companys training seems utter nonsense

Now I know how well businessprocesses are at espressohouse so I know to avoid that brand

first a wait line on 20mins justbecause I saw the staff was clumsy. Then my turn and they had no clue about this benefit. 4 workers and one even said to customer that I need to go for a break now (okay maybe she was allowed that by the book but the way she handled it was far away from my customer service book). I tried to help them out with all rhe info from here and asked them toncheck with manager and finally one went to office for a call, came back yes there is sometging like this but manager could not explain how to do it.
well I was just polite and said nicely okay no harm I can stay without lunch kit but make sure the benefit is ready trainied ASAP since there will come soon more people with same request. they replied maybe next week this thing is clear. I replied again nicely with smile that you will see people asking this and causing queues so better be prepared.
intuition likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:58 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
I visited Espresso House at HEL on Wednesday to pick up my lunch-to-go. At first the staff working the counter had no clue what I was talking about - but then they called their manager who read through the instruction manual. For lunch/dinner we can get a warm drink, a bottle of Novelle (sparkling water with or without flavour) and either a wrap or a salad. We need to pay with our Platinum card - supposedly then the charge is removed by Amex.

As all of the above took so long time I didn't have time to go through the purchase, my AY802 was already showing final boarding - I was the second to last to board. So be ready to spend some time to get the purchase finalized
remymartin and FFlash like this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by vulle
For lunch/dinner we can get a warm drink, a bottle of Novelle (sparkling water with or without flavour) and either a wrap or a salad. We need to pay with our Platinum card - supposedly then the charge is removed by Amex.
Did you have to show a boarding pass? Just thinking if this will work on arrivals as well. Assumably one has to tell them I'm using that perk or otherwise AMEX won't refund the purchase automatically?

If I visit both the Platinum Wing and grab one of those salads/wraps, while flying BA Club Europe next week, I would be pretty overloaded upon arrival. Would probably have to take the stuff to London and eat on the Tube or something. Truth to be said, I was mainly thinking of trying the perk upon my return, when I would then have the bag as a lunch for my way back home.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 8:02 am
Moderator, Finnair

I think rules say only on departure but ymmv. Also, the charge is 2 cents if the internetz is to be believed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.