Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finland, Finnair, and credit cards - pre 2020 discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finland, Finnair, and credit cards - pre 2020 discussion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Yes, that's what I meant - I'll have SPG&Marriott Gold next year too, and probably swing a HH Gold as well, so not much use for the AX match. OTOH if I had neither, the freebies of the hotel elite levels would make me think hard about pulling the trigger for AXPLAT - as would the PP be interesting.

Contrary to what AX says ("for the frequent traveller") these are good perks for the occassional traveller.

Even good for the frequent traveller if he/she chooses to stay at the cheapest chain at the time or the best promotions not hitting any status therefore at the hotels I found myself in this exact situation as I went with the best deals each trip 😂 gave me alot of freedom over all
Old Dec 2, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Contrary to what AX says ("for the frequent traveller") these are good perks for the occassional traveller.
Depends on the definitions of frequent and occasional. I would consider an occasional traveller to be a vyölaukkuturisti and people considering the Plat Amex don’t want to be affiliated with them Marketing it for the frequent travellers makes the people considering the card feel they would be a member of a prestiguous group.

I remember a few years ago some kind of customer research was done at the gate area at HEL. Interviewers approached people with a number of questions and the first one was ”how often do you fly?” I answered that not that much, about 10 return trips a year. The interviewer responded ”Oh, that’s much”. So for many people frequent is actually not that frequent.

And of course you would need to travel enough to make use of the benefits of the card.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
AX rep on FB said something along the lines of "...frequent travellers, who fly several times a year..." That nailed it for me, that AX Gold is really not for me
Old Dec 3, 2017, 8:35 am

@kauppias, I might need referral for plat. Just for the fun of it
Old Dec 3, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by iamife
@kauppias, I might need referral for plat. Just for the fun of it
@iamife I am happy to oblidge just PM when youre ready
iamife likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 5:34 am

During a call to AX today on unrelated business I asked them about the referrals and the current 3months free promo and tgey said one could still get thr 3 months free while getting referred so that is a SUPER easy way to get three months of perks AND 25000amex points for you and the person whose referring you. A win win for sure �� even after the promotion is over its a decent deal as you can choose The monthly fee so very low cost to sign up for trips etc and earn a decent amount of points
TapioR likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by kauppias
During a call to AX today on unrelated business I asked them about the referrals and the current 3months free promo and tgey said one could still get thr 3 months free while getting referred so that is a SUPER easy way to get three months of perks AND 25000amex points for you and the person whose referring you. A win win for sure �� even after the promotion is over its a decent deal as you can choose The monthly fee so very low cost to sign up for trips etc and earn a decent amount of points
What do you mean by "choosing the monthly fee"?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by tsastor
What do you mean by "choosing the monthly fee"?
I meant if one does not need/want to kees the card for the full year one can now choose to pay The card fee monthly instead of in a lump sum. It can be paid in either 60€/mo or 700€/year. First three months free now until atleast Dec 31 2017
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
I see, so if you want to keep it a fourth month you don't have to pay 700€ up front and then get a refund when you cancel it after the fourth month.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by tsastor
I see, so if you want to keep it a fourth month you don't have to pay 700€ up front and then get a refund when you cancel it after the fourth month.
Yes exactly. For many paying 700€ upfront may be too much out of pocket. Just saying. A easy 25k points as long as one hasbt had a AMEX card for the last 6months
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by kauppias
) as long as one hasbt had a AMEX card for the last 6months
this is the OUCH here
I balancing between if take the 3 month free trial now or wait until I have 6 months since cancelling the last one, hoping they would have both promos available still during spring.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:07 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Anyone interested in getting the 25k referral bonus please PM me, I will give the plat a go if I get that 25k too? Does the person referring need to be plat or would green/gold do?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Anyone interested in getting the 25k referral bonus please PM me, I will give the plat a go if I get that 25k too? Does the person referring need to be plat or would green/gold do?
I sent a PM
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
this is the OUCH here
I balancing between if take the 3 month free trial now or wait until I have 6 months since cancelling the last one, hoping they would have both promos available still during spring.
Though I have no real info on it I do beleive there will be more intro promos as they seem to be pushing the Plat card now
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by FFlash
this is the OUCH here
I need to upgrade from Gold now so we can try the Pontus lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.