Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

New Finnair+ partner: Amex membership rewards

New Finnair+ partner: Amex membership rewards

Old Apr 24, 20, 4:13 am

Programs: BA/VS Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Double MR points until July 20th and Double value if using MR points to pay the bill
This equals 3% cash back on Platinum, which I think is unprecedented in Finland. I already canceled my card in March, but would have kept it had they made this offer then.

Now I'm off to cry about the 700,000 MR I burned just before the offer
Old Apr 24, 20, 9:10 am

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
WOLT credits - Edenred offers 6€ credit for first use of Edenred card with Wolt. There's a coupon you should enter at checkout, I forgot what.
Old Apr 24, 20, 11:14 am

Programs: Only Gold card I have is at F24Seven :D
Originally Posted by Trav1970 View Post
AX seems to have a campaign in the mobile app for payments with MR points. 1000 MR pts are now worth 10 . Trying to figure out if this is good value.
That is about just okay. And now that I am not sure if I can spend those MR and where, I tried to use them for my bill but got error message
Old Apr 24, 20, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Saturne-79 View Post
Hey,
yesterday got an announcement that they offer 35 credits for Wolt. Unfortunately only limited amount of credits, and I was not able to claim one.
Also: Double MR points until July 20th and Double value if using MR points to pay the bill.

Edit: wolt credit was for Platinum members
I ordered one and they said will send in 24hrs, only weekdays. Limited amount of passes, but I guess I will get one.
Old Apr 24, 20, 11:43 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger View Post
WOLT credits - Edenred offers 6€ credit for first use of Edenred card with Wolt. There's a coupon you should enter at checkout, I forgot what.
This is really great! Hopefully they will keep the rule with Taxman after COVID as well.. even ordering food to office would be nice.

Code to get 6€ is just EDENRED but with referrals one can get 3x basic deliveries so basically that is better (3,90€ value each). PM me if you need one
UpperDeck87K likes this.
Old Apr 25, 20, 2:15 pm

Where do you see the AX campaigns? I can't find them on their websites.

The normal 200MR=1€ rate is equivalent of 0,5% cash back. IF there's a double value promo, it's still just 1% - thanks, I pass, I probably can get better returns in other ways - as before the cover shutdowns in Feb, 80k MR -> 80k Marriott -> 1 night at Al Maha, UAE. Cash price would have been 1,2k€. Value 66,6MR=1€ (we stayed longer, but had Bonvoy points for the rest)
Old Apr 27, 20, 7:57 am

Programs: BA/VS Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond

The normal 200MR=1 rate is equivalent of 0,5% cash back. IF there's a double value promo, it's still just 1% - thanks, I pass, I probably can get better returns in other ways - as before the cover shutdowns in Feb, 80k MR -> 80k Marriott -> 1 night at Al Maha, UAE. Cash price would have been 1,2k. Value 66,6MR=1 (we stayed longer, but had Bonvoy points for the rest)
The offer is in the Experiences app, good until July 20th. Normally, you get 1,5 points for each spent with Platinum, with double points you get 3. And each point is now worth 0,01 (double the normal amount) so the total is 3% cash back on spending.
vulle likes this.
Old Apr 28, 20, 4:58 am

Programs: Finnair plus

The normal 200MR=1 rate is equivalent of 0,5% cash back. IF there's a double value promo, it's still just 1% - thanks, I pass, I probably can get better returns in other ways - as before the cover shutdowns in Feb, 80k MR -> 80k Marriott -> 1 night at Al Maha, UAE. Cash price would have been 1,2k. Value 66,6MR=1 (we stayed longer, but had Bonvoy points for the rest)
Well if you buy Marriott points using typical promo they have + 50% means $0,83c per point.. 100kMR -> 1000e-> 130500 Marriott points
Similar scenario with Finnair. 100kMR -> 80k Finnair when converting. If buying (assume recent 50% promo) is 100kMR -> 1000e ->116500 Finnair points
Old Apr 28, 20, 2:38 pm

Marriott points are free
remymartin likes this.
Old Apr 29, 20, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by FFlash View Post
That is about just okay. And now that I am not sure if I can spend those MR and where, I tried to use them for my bill but got error message
Still error message so I had to call in and they did it for me. Not too good value but okayish to burn points.
My original plan was to convert them to eurobonus but as SAS future is unclear and I have a stash to burn there already, I just want to use my points now that there is a risk that the points value is destroyed by corona
kauppias likes this.
Old May 7, 20, 7:54 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Amex raising Gold card membership fee to 210

Amex Finland raises Gold membership fee to 210 € / year (17,50 € / month) at the beginning of 2021.

https://www.americanexpress.com/cont...ermsconditions

Old May 7, 20, 8:09 am

Green has been the clever choice for a while - for me starting at the point when they stopped waiving yearly fees for Gold if you spent enough. Gold offers basically zilch over Green and Plat I cannot justify until I have earned airline and hotel status
Old Yesterday, 8:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Trav1970 View Post
I was having some extra time and was cleaning up. I came across Platinum News 1/2018 which lists the value of the platinum benefits. The list includes the following:
  • Fast track: 70 €
  • Ticket sales to cardholders: 150 €
  • Platinum-events: 180 €
  • Membership Rewards: 285 €
  • Connoisseur Club (nightclubs): 350 €
  • Hotel and car rental benefits: 500 €
  • Travel insurance: 450 €
  • Airport lounges: 715 €
Interesting list. Out of the above, everything except Membership Rewards points are impacted. I think AX should seriously consider refunding card fees temporarily simply based on the analysis of the benefits they themselves completed and advertised.
Not that I would have any use for it right now... but did they discontinue the "Connoisseur Club (nightclubs)" partnership?
I can't register anymore (forgot to do it when I first got my card in March), and it isn't listed any longer in the list of perks when one signs up for the card.

BTW, in Finland, how does one get service in English (I'm a plat member)? Can only reach FIN or SWE helplines.

Finally, is anyone aware of partnerships / discounts with high-end audio/video stores (e.g. B&O, Bose, ...)?

Thank you!
Old Yesterday, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Explorer, AS, Hertz Cirque Presidentielle
https://www.americanexpress.com/fi/e...-card-platinum

Truth to be told, I hadn't noticed this campaign until today, but I've out of pure coincidence made some larger purchases during May, so I've benefited from the campaign anyway. Did indeed wonder a bit how my points have accrued so quick.

Speaking of which: I did try to buy my new car last year with AMEX (muchos MR points ), but they didn't accept any card payments for complete cars. Humbug!
Old Yesterday, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

[QUOTE=vhtn;32397812]

BTW, in Finland, how does one get service in English (I'm a plat member)? Can only reach FIN or SWE helplines.[/QUOTE]

I would be surprised if the FIN/SWE helplines would not be able to help you in ENG if you can get through without understanding the instructions how to put your Amex number while waiting some one to answer.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: