Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

New Finnair+ partner: Amex membership rewards

New Finnair+ partner: Amex membership rewards

Reply

Old Feb 12, 19, 4:51 am
  #871  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: HEL
Programs: Drawer of Cards
Posts: 155
Originally Posted by cistavoda View Post
No credit ratings in Finland. Only get marked on the naughty list if you don't pay.
OT
No credit rating in finland?

Then what do they check when you take a loan or renting apartment? Was always being told need to check my credit history so what do they actually check?
Clydez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 19, 4:58 am
  #872  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Programs: AY+, SK EB
Posts: 1,633
Originally Posted by Clydez View Post
No credit rating in finland?

Then what do they check when you take a loan or renting apartment? Was always being told need to check my credit history so what do they actually check?
Credit ratings often contain way more than your credit history. E.g. living in a poor area can already give you bad rating even if you paid all your debt in time.
cistavoda likes this.
Jainzar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 19, 5:06 am
  #873  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: HEL
Programs: AY Plat Basic
Posts: 803
Originally Posted by Clydez View Post
OT
No credit rating in finland?

Then what do they check when you take a loan or renting apartment? Was always being told need to check my credit history so what do they actually check?
Banks etc. can have their own internal systems but there's no score system. I'm sure there is some kind of hidden system in use, however, by law there's the naughty list and you need to be something like 2 months behind payments to be put on it... And with taxable income being public information in Finland they can always check your income level. Someone else here probably knows better?
cistavoda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 19, 5:06 am
  #874  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: HEL
Programs: Drawer of Cards
Posts: 155
Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
Credit ratings often contain way more than your credit history. E.g. living in a poor area can already give you bad rating even if you paid all your debt in time.
no idea what they check, since i never had problem with it.

But i take your answer as in finland as long as you paid all debts in time and you will have no problem?
Clydez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 19, 5:33 am
  #875  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Seat 1A when possible
Programs: SK EBD/baEC G/MR PP/A3 *G/AA G/CC G/HH G/IHG Spire
Posts: 3,658
Originally Posted by Clydez View Post
no idea what they check, since i never had problem with it.

But i take your answer as in finland as long as you paid all debts in time and you will have no problem?
generally YES, but there are exceptions as someone said banks have their own systems too. For example a customer can easily get 40000€ unsecured credit linffrom Nordea oror Handlesbanken but be denied for a 2000€ from Sampo bank or Danske or whatever its called these days. They do not lwt you know why they deny you so go figure. I prefer the US system where its quite clear.

I wish EU would open up the credit markets too, one should be free to bank where one wants to...
Clydez likes this.
kauppias is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 19, 5:38 am
  #876  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Helsinki
Programs: AY Platinum
Posts: 229
Typically the granting of loans and credit cards is based on the lenders' internal scoring system which takes into account the factors they ask about in the application (income, amount of existing loans/monthly payments related to those loans, whether you own or rent your home, marital status, age, duration and type of your employment contract, gender, postal code etc.) which is turned into a numeric score. If the score is above the specified threshold, you will get what you applied for and in case you are below, the application will be rejected or you may end up getting a lower credit limit.

The only external checks ordinarily performed are the negative payment remarks. In addition to that, there's also a positive credit register, which is a workaround to cover for the lack of a general and statutorily-backed-up credit rating system, which we frequently hear about in the public discussion.The use of the positive credit register is based on the customers' consent, allowing the lenders to a) check for their data from the register and b) to enter information about their loans into the register (more information in Finnish: https://www.asiakastieto.fi/web/fi/a...estelmaan.html).
loimu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 19, 5:42 am
  #877  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: HEL
Programs: AY Plat Basic
Posts: 803
Originally Posted by loimu View Post
In addition to that, there's also a positive credit register, which is a workaround to cover for the lack of a general and statutorily-backed-up credit rating system, which we frequently hear about in the public discussion.The use of the positive credit register is based on the customers' consent, allowing the lenders to a) check for their data from the register and b) to enter information about their loans into the register (more information in Finnish: https://www.asiakastieto.fi/web/fi/a...estelmaan.html).
I GDPR'd all my data out from that. Let's see how it affects me in the future...
loimu and Clydez like this.
cistavoda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 19, 5:45 am
  #878  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Seat 1A when possible
Programs: SK EBD/baEC G/MR PP/A3 *G/AA G/CC G/HH G/IHG Spire
Posts: 3,658
Originally Posted by cistavoda View Post
I GDPR'd all my data out from that. Let's see how it affects me in the future...

Intresting 😂👍

Personally I have very little intrest in credit from Finnish banks anymore but I would be very intrested in cards from quite a few EU banks 😍
kauppias is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 19, 6:14 am
  #879  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 191
Originally Posted by intuition View Post
I think you should buy Björn *) a drink if you meet him in the lounge. But didn't he leave the chair of Nordea recently? I am sure he is a very interesting person to chat to in the lounge anyhow.
He remains the chairman of the board until the annual general meeting on the 28th of March.
Some person is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 19, 7:18 am
  #880  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: HEL
Programs: Drawer of Cards
Posts: 155
Originally Posted by kauppias View Post
generally YES, but there are exceptions as someone said banks have their own systems too. For example a customer can easily get 40000€ unsecured credit linffrom Nordea oror Handlesbanken but be denied for a 2000€ from Sampo bank or Danske or whatever its called these days. They do not lwt you know why they deny you so go figure. I prefer the US system where its quite clear.

I wish EU would open up the credit markets too, one should be free to bank where one wants to...
Couple of years ago, i applied a credit increase from Sampo/Dansk from 8k to 15k. They declined and gave me 10k instead.
The reason is that they see i have few tens thousands in the debit account and tell me use the debit.

I was speechless. thought credit card generate more revenue for them?
Clydez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 19, 9:36 am
  #881  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: MMX (CPH)
Programs: AY+ Platinum, A3*G, 1865 Voyager, Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD
Posts: 9,657
That makes Finland one of the easiest countries to start over in. So i just take silja line across the pond, get settled and get creditcard without any trackrecord?

Must consider this if I default on my mortgace
intuition is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 19, 1:05 pm
  #882  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TMP
Programs: BAEC Silver, Hertz President's Chainsaw, Sixt Platinum
Posts: 120
Originally Posted by intuition View Post
That makes Finland one of the easiest countries to start over in. So i just take silja line across the pond, get settled and get creditcard without any trackrecord?
The expression "across the pond" usually refers to crossing the Atlantic, so your ferry would be pretty off its course.
Flying Yazata is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 19, 8:59 pm
  #883  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: HEL
Programs: AY Plat Basic
Posts: 803
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata View Post
The expression "across the pond" usually refers to crossing the Atlantic, so your ferry would be pretty off its course.
Atlantic, Baltic, what's the difference? Only one letter... :P
cistavoda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 19, 7:20 am
  #884  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: MMX (CPH)
Programs: AY+ Platinum, A3*G, 1865 Voyager, Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD
Posts: 9,657
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata View Post
The expression "across the pond" usually refers to crossing the Atlantic, so your ferry would be pretty off its course.
In an anglo-american dichotomy it surely is, but there are more ways to slice the earth!

Anyway, Leif Eriksson took Silja westwards on the inaugural tour, came back after one hell of a boys-trip and told us there was nothing there worth the trip. After that we concentrated on the east sea pond.
intuition is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 19, 3:16 pm
  #885  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Programs: Finnair Silver, Vistara Gold
Posts: 73
Originally Posted by seldomrfly View Post
Got a letter today.

Nordea is raising the earnings on their Finnair Plus branded MasterCard. From 15.2.2019 1€=2 points.
Thats good, I could get one after this DC goes
jakas is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: