Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finland, Finnair, and credit cards - pre 2020 discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finland, Finnair, and credit cards - pre 2020 discussion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by ffay005
Does this work in practice? Last time there was a promotion in the raffle I changed some points and it didn't work. Would hate to make a second mistake.
It is impossible to know now if it works in practice.
Extra award points will be added to members’ accounts in separate batches on 7 May, 7 June, 6 July and 1 October 2018 after the regular points have been added to the members’ accounts
Old Apr 26, 2018, 4:01 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Does this work in practice? Last time there was a promotion in the raffle I changed some points and it didn't work. Would hate to make a second mistake.
Don't hold your breath.

Last 3 times i've participated in promos, registration has not worked in the way that I do get confirmation but in the end no points. When talking to plat line, they say there is no registration in the system.

I've even talked to the AY+ manager about this, who took it seriously, but I have no idea if they fixed the problem.

Clearly this is a intermittent issue with registrations, as some people always gets their points, but personally I think this uncertainty kills the interest in promos.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 5:10 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Also Amex is advertising the Finnair promo, so looks like the promo on Amex points exchanges is real. Awaiting for my extra points...
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I wonder... I have registered. I could of course email Platsku and ask if they can see that I've done it. That way I'll have some proof.

Then again, I have some 130k MR points (--> 156k AY+) and currently about 400k AY points. I don't know if it's worth it to transfer MR to AY. I have no current use for the MR points, but they don't expire and can be used for many more purposes.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:04 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I wonder... I have registered. I could of course email Platsku and ask if they can see that I've done it. That way I'll have some proof.

Actually, I did just that and they said they could see my registration "with some partners" (I assume it means this promo registers on a partner level and they did a few samples and it looked OK)
ffay005 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Then again, I have some 130k MR points (--> 156k AY+) and currently about 400k AY points. I don't know if it's worth it to transfer MR to AY. I have no current use for the MR points, but they don't expire and can be used for many more purposes.
Just keep them. Even though AMEX FIN have very limited airline partners (SK, KL, AY, BA) and even fewer hotel partners, the 130k MR point could be coverted to 43k SPG points, that would convert to 50k+ miles in most other programs. 50k AA might be much more useful than ANOTHER 156k AY - think YQ on partner redemptions or partners that AA have and AY don't. Obviously it's apples and oranges, but I generally value AA:AY somewhere between 1:3 and 1:4
NoWindowSeat likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Yeah, I think you're right. MR is probably one of the safest point currencies out there, so it might not be very wise to change MR into something that might get devalued before I know it...
NoWindowSeat likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 2:00 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Hoping they would extend the reerral bonus campaign and 3-months free until May. My 6 months blockout time hinders me applying in April with current promo ending
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:11 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
So you can get another 3 months free after 6 months?
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by tsastor
So you can get another 3 months free after 6 months?
After 6 months no Amex you are to them like a new customer.

I personally don't like on-off relationships.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar
I personally don't like on-off relationships.
Haha, what do you mean? My loyalty to my wife has lasted more than airline/creditcard/bonus programs. Easy living truth, she is loyal to me. As far as airline/bonus programs try to trick me, I trick them. Fair game
Old Apr 29, 2018, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
As far as airline/bonus programs try to trick me, I trick them. Fair game
Exactly that. I do understand that you have to invest to get new customers but I really don't like if there is nearly zero effort to keep existing customers. So we end up in on-off relationships.
FFlash likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:42 am
Moderator, Finnair

Do I have any friends around here with Amex issued in Sweden? Just in case I need someone for you-know-what.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Do I have any friends around here with Amex issued in Sweden? Just in case I need someone for you-know-what.
Ha, I would love to be your amexfriend but stuck with FIN.
My only real jealously point in the pointsworld
intuition likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 7:26 am

"Extra award points will be added to members’ accounts in separate batches on 7 May, 7 June, 6 July and 1 October 2018 after the regular points have been added to the members’ accounts"

Today is 7.5. Have you guys seen any +50% bonus points yet? So, far 0 here. But hey, it is only16.30 EET.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.