Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY lounges without any distinction!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2011, 6:30 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
It's a nice lounge for airport of that size w/o any real long hauls but is it really that special? I've been to that lounge maybe 50 times and don't really consider it as outstanding..what is it that you so much love in that lounge?

I must say I really like the tasty cheeses they serve..used to have even better variety..
OT but the exec lounge at the Airport Hilton at HEL has one of the best cheeseboards I've ever seen in a hotel lounge. Available at least during dinner hours and accompanied by reasonable wines.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
Maybe I have different tastes but I'm at helsinki in the non-schengen lounge and in the last two hours I found the lounge as one of the best lounge in Europe. YEs - i repeat - one of the best.
To the OP who states that LH lounges are better, I'd like to know which quiet LH lounge he uses to visit. FRA is a zoo, and MUC is only slightly better.
I hope he's not trying to compare the AY lounge with the First Class lounge by LH: it would be strange if the service was the same!

Said that, I can't remember lounge by AF KL or IB worthing special mentions.... BA indeed has some good lounges, but still they are not an oasis of peace...

Honestly, I would be more than happy to access every day of my life the AY lounge.
Just my .02 $
Old Aug 19, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
I'd like to ask a few questions about HEL lounges. I'll be traveling through from JFK to LED in early September and will have an access to both lounges. Will I be allowed into the Schengen lounge with my Priority Pass membership? If so, which lounge is better? Are there any free house drinks? Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 19, 2011, 8:05 am

You will have access to the nicer non-Scengen lounge which should also be more convenient for you. In the Schengen side you will have access to the Tower lounge but not to the Finnair lounge. Tapped beer, wine and a couple of bottled red and white wine variants are free of charge.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 10:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by nordic
You will have access to the nicer non-Scengen lounge which should also be more convenient for you. In the Schengen side you will have access to the Tower lounge but not to the Finnair lounge. Tapped beer, wine and a couple of bottled red and white wine variants are free of charge.
Thank you! Buy the way, are here any drink cheats for premium liquor you can get from an agent there? Similar to cheats you can get at AC lounges?

Last edited by foxberg; Aug 19, 2011 at 11:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.