New AY co-branded Diners Club card

Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Have just received my card for my new tracking period. To my biggest surprise, it shows validity until 01/20. Would have expected that it will be valid until 05/19...
+1. Thought weird too.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:48 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Originally Posted by FFlash

+1. Thought weird too.
yep i was confused as well. but i guess the they will just close the card by may?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by FFlash

+1. Thought weird too.
Me too, valid until 01/20. Remains to be seen what happens in June...
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
I couldn't renew my gold so I'm silver now. However my gold diners club is still valid until 03/19. Can I use Aspire lounge for free with this card or will they send me a bill since with my actual card level I should pay for the lounge?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:57 pm

I have been couple times visiting the lounge while having actual silver DC.

Both were in beginning of 2018, still not invoiced.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
The lounge visits appear on the invoice MANY months after the actual visit, if at all. No consistency either - Mrs W's visit somewhere Down Under (probably BNE ) was on the invoice some 6 months later, mine same time, same place hasn't showed up in the ever since.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 1:54 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
The lounge visits appear on the invoice MANY months after the actual visit, if at all. No consistency either - Mrs W's visit somewhere Down Under (probably BNE ) was on the invoice some 6 months later, mine same time, same place hasn't showed up in the ever since.

So if one uses lounges April 2019 I wonder who ends up invoicing them in Oct 2019 😂😂
Steve_Hun and manywhere like this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by kauppias
So if one uses lounges April 2019 I wonder who ends up invoicing them in Oct 2019 😂😂
SEB Kort remains in Finland with their MC (and I think they also issue (some?) business Eurocards as well), so their invoicing department can do that. Keep some DC letterhead.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:38 am

According to diners club rules, the lounge access is free for gold and platinum members. It doesn't really say anything about the actual card colour. Maybe I'll give it a try anyways. Really Aspire isn't worth 19€ imo (at least not for breakfast), but having the odds for getting it for free might justify this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by kanamurva
According to diners club rules, the lounge access is free for gold and platinum members. It doesn't really say anything about the actual card colour. Maybe I'll give it a try anyways. Really Aspire isn't worth 19€ imo (at least not for breakfast), but having the odds for getting it for free might justify this.
Considering the price of a cup of coffee at HEL, it is almost worth it!
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:46 am

Yep, of course it's not a terrible price. For some reason I find Aspire a whole lot less comfortable than the finnair lounges and the food is not that special nor the wines that good.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
SEB Kort remains in Finland with their MC (and I think they also issue (some?) business Eurocards as well), so their invoicing department can do that. Keep some DC letterhead.

Hard to imagine they would have much Intrest after their agreements end
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:40 am

I would pay 19€ for lounge access anyday if I did not get Lounge naturally luckily that need has been rare so far
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:19 am

Does anyone have experience of dripping down to silver and still having gold diners: do you get the gold point bonus according to the card colour or only silver points for your actual level?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Yep, of course it's not a terrible price. For some reason I find Aspire a whole lot less comfortable than the finnair lounges and the food is not that special nor the wines that good.
It's the only Schengen lounge at HEL with hard liquor (ok, AY has cognac but they've got whiskey, vodka & gin - who doesn't love a cheeky G&T?).
esledo and manywhere like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.