Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AY co-branded Diners Club card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:39 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
~2 weeks ago decided to join the club and ordered the AY+ co-branded Diners Club card. A week ago got an e-mail from DC that my application has been approved and shortly I'll receive a message with guidance on how to select my PIN code.

A week went by and nothing, so today I called DC to ask if all is fine with my application. They said yes, but they are still waiting for AY to let them know the tier I'm at.

So my conclusion, is that the mess with the points you guys are in, is probably due to AY's brilliant IT...
Old Jan 21, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by Ukki
Today my December DC points are back (+7920), exactly 9x to what was in the December invoice. Let see whether additional changes will come.

Now finally the points are corrected down to 3x what it should have been originally...
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: AY+
Originally Posted by Unsub
I called them up and they said that they check the status from Finnair on a constant basis and send out cards accordingly. Got my first replacement Plat DC card before the end of the tracking period and now another one with 13 month validity today, together with the gift pack and a new luggage tag.

So the new DC card finally has validity 2 months over the tracking period, just like the plain AY status card.
Hi,
According to my calculations, I'll be in the situation of moving up to the next tier about 3 months before the end of my tracking period. ^
Will SEB Kort issue me my new AY+ DC card immediately after I move up?

Based on the previous messages it seems like they will. How long time did it take for you guys to receive the new cards? I hope to receive it, so that I can guest, at no additional cost, my wife + our 2 young children at the lounge of departure (HEL, then BIQ) while flying with AY+ during our summer vacations.

Am I right that the main benefit of owning a AY+ DC Gold card, compared to a simple AY Status / membership card, is to get access to lounges whatever airline you fly with ?

Many thanks!

Last edited by frha01; Oct 16, 2017 at 3:52 pm Reason: Typos
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:59 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
I assume BIQ is Biarritz, where AY hasn't contracted any lounge. AFAIK, DC cards do not give free access to any guests. However it seems that the lounge itself allows children under 12 for free.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:17 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by frha01
Am I right that the main benefit of owning a AY+ DC Gold card, compared to a simple AY Status / membership card, is to get access to lounges whatever airline you fly with ?
Just to set the expectation right: you have complimentary access to all DC contract lounges. It can happen that there is no such lounge even if AY has a contract lounge.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by frha01
Nearly correct. You get acces to DC (Diners) lounges no matter who you fly with. There's a fee, but for AY Gold and Plat it's waived. (You'll see on your DC invoice the lounge visit with 0€ - after many months of the actal visit) Think of it as you are using the DC half of your card.
For me it was quite useful when I had to fly LCCs in Asia

The difference to the AY/OW lounge policy is that you cannot guest your SO for free (as you can with AY Gold) When using AY/OW lounges, you "use" the AY half of the card, but must fly OW.

Another benefit, of course is the 2,5 points/€ you spend on the card.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:30 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
A bird told me Diners is shutting down its nordic operations next year. Did anyone with the AY Diners receive notice?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
A bird told me Diners is shutting down its nordic operations next year. Did anyone with the AY Diners receive notice?
Ugh. I certainly hope this is just birdtalk... Would be a very heavy blow for me!
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I the chipring is true, I hope that AY would come up with a meaningful co-branded AX card!
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:43 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I am not sure how they are connected, but if the Swedish company "Diners Club Nordic AB" runs the Finnair branded card, I assume they will also be cancelled next year.

The finnish website says "Diners Club does not accept any new applications"
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: AY Platinum
You got me worried: Don't know if it's normal but I didn't find a way to apply for a new card on dinersclub.fi or .se. Also, the link saying Find out more and apply for a card with more benefits on AY site seems to be broken.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:45 am
Moderator, Finnair

If you switch to SV language, you'll get a message:

Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
This might explain why my application has been ignored for about 1 month.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:14 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I the chipring is true, I hope that AY would come up with a meaningful co-branded AX card!
Would be interesting.

However, as Diners Club is currently outsourced to SEB cards it might be that they will just consolidate the branded cards offers. SEB has been very active with their MC cards (not just AY, but on a multitude of loyalty programs).

SEB has even breached traditional AX land, by making a major launch with two SAS-branded MC, with some fresh thinking.
loimu likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Oh sh...........a good chunk of DC points to AY has been nice so far. But oh yes then the card was never anymore much useful, expect some DC lounge manholes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.