New AY co-branded Diners Club card

Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Trav1970
I would not hold my breath. It is clear that SEB Kort was not interested in the premium customer segment for real. I had the DC Premium card from the beginning when it was launched, and the perks got removed one by one. When it was first introduced, it came with complimentary SK EBG membership and relatively good insurance coverage. Now, I am not even aware of what perks remain. I was about to terminate the premium card this year, but never got around to doing so.
DC Finnair card has been very good. But seriously, if the alternative is Finnair MC, this is not good.
Wow. had I known about his back then when I was not savvy and knew not about flyertalk

I second the view. it seema veery sad. I am just on the edge of throwing away amex plat: it is a good card but points earning is bad.

With this speed I will lose my interest in points game. Cmon, card suppliers! We earnnothing on flights anymore! What is my next hobby then? Knitting? Train ride (kauppias pls apologies) or tv-channels? Tears and sigh...
remymartin likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:58 am

Finnair sure is thinking new card issuer. I was in the interview yesterday face to face where they asked lot of questions about what I would like to include in new card if there comes one, how I use it, etc. They had more of these interviews also and will make online pool for those of us that are part in their surveys. Let`s hope new card is good one.
tsastor, ffay005, aapee and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Leo123
Finnair sure is thinking new card issuer. I was in the interview yesterday face to face where they asked lot of questions about what I would like to include in new card if there comes one, how I use it, etc. They had more of these interviews also and will make online pool for those of us that are part in their surveys. Let`s hope new card is good one.
Was that something invite for many people? I hope you were not modest here but instead asked for all imaginative benefits
Clydez likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
I will probably take the Eurocard first year offer as it is free and comes with reasonably priced lounge access at CPH, ARN, GOT, LHR and HEL. Plus some other card for collecting Finnair points.

But giving up DC in fact makes me sad. Had it for 30 years! The best year was when I switched to SAS EB DC. That year I received total benefits exceeding 1000€!
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:46 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Leo123
Finnair sure is thinking new card issuer....
Just my two cents, but those type of questions sounds way to generic for any new card to be coming soon.

I am also thinking that the market is quite small. Does it really make sense to keep two "competing" credit cards on offer for such a small demographic?

Perhaps is it the different offers from SEB kort they are looking into and investigating if there is a market for. It has been a huge success for SK, having one MC and one MC "premium" with slightly better earnings and perks. If so, expect a "new" card offered at around 150€, with some flyer perks like cheaper redemptions, earning tier-points on purchases or such.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 2:05 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
By the way, they seem to have removed the cobranded MC form the swedish market. Search results still in google et.al, but pages gone.

So now no cards in any markets outside FInland IIUC.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:33 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by FFlash

Was that something invite for many people? I hope you were not modest here but instead asked for all imaginative benefits
It was in the customer community platform. There was a questionnaire based on your CC usage (very simple and), based on that they invited people to F2F interview or phone interview this week. I wasn't selected.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by intuition
Just my two cents, but those type of questions sounds way to generic for any new card to be coming soon.

I am also thinking that the market is quite small. Does it really make sense to keep two "competing" credit cards on offer for such a small demographic?

Perhaps is it the different offers from SEB kort they are looking into and investigating if there is a market for. It has been a huge success for SK, having one MC and one MC "premium" with slightly better earnings and perks. If so, expect a "new" card offered at around 150€, with some flyer perks like cheaper redemptions, earning tier-points on purchases or such.

I would welcome such a card. 👍😁 Perhaps in in sping based addittional perks too....

I have been jealous of the SWEDISH card with 241 and basic points etc
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: AY, SK, AF/KL + randomly others
Not related to the co-branded card, but the Finnish Club Rewards site is advertising that the rewards points can soon be converted to AY+ points. No info on the date (except "soon"), let alone the rate yet.

Uutta – tulossa pian Finnair Plus- pistepalkinto!

Pian voit vaihtaa Club Rewards -pisteesi Finnair Plus -palkintopisteisiin – kuin lennosta! Muistathan vierailla palkintokaupassa säännöllisesti – julkaisemme palkinnon lähiaikoina.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Given that the whole DC operation shuts down in May, this is rather funny. Or pathetic.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Given that the whole DC operation shuts down in May, this is rather funny. Or pathetic.
Still an opportunity for regular/premium card holders to get rid of remaining points.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: Finnair Plat
I got an offer for Finnair Plus MC.

Sounds fairly OK, but is this the best available option? Also, I'm upset with SEB for terminating DC. Hence, I would not like to continue with SEB, if there is another alternative available?
Any ideas?

Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: AY,CA,CZ
Received termination letter yesterday, time to look for new horizons.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I also received a snail mail termination notice suomeksi for the Finnair DC a few days ago.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Have just received my card for my new tracking period. To my biggest surprise, it shows validity until 01/20. Would have expected that it will be valid until 05/19...
cistavoda likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.