New AY co-branded Diners Club card

Old May 30, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Sorry to pop your bubble, but at least all the Finnish civil servants I know buy Y tickets on HEL-BRU-HEL. There might be occasional upgrade, of course...
Exactly.

Whereas Finnish MEPs are still not that unfamiliar sight in J.
Old May 31, 2013, 3:48 am

My BRU-HEL upgrade not clearing could be because they´re using a A340 on thursdays and it´s not possible to create more c-seats by sliding the curtain further back. Or there could be more people like me, who noticed the unusual equipment used and wanted to upgrade.

p.s. Sorry, that this conversation went off topic, if it bothers someone.
Old May 31, 2013, 4:11 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
... or they didn't make any upgrade seats available on thursdays, just because it is A340?
Old Jun 1, 2013, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by intuition
... or they didn't make any upgrade seats available on thursdays, just because it is A340?
That would be mean, as it´s the reason I chose to fly with Finnair and from BRU.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 9:29 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
IMO that would be stupid from AY...in many ways...very good opportunity to promote LH J hard product (which is not great in 340s but still ok) to many pax..
Old Jun 1, 2013, 11:24 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Agreed. Not arguing they would do that as a bad-will gesture, but maybe because they don't really know how J will be handled on this flight.

Capacity will be way over demand, is it possible they will seal off J-class and put up a curtain in econ instead? ie just treat the econ section as a 2-class? In my imagination that would save on staff.

So I am quite curious how they will seat and staff on this odd thursday A340 service.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 2:02 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Agreed. Not arguing they would do that as a bad-will gesture, but maybe because they don't really know how J will be handled on this flight.

Capacity will be way over demand, is it possible they will seal off J-class and put up a curtain in econ instead? ie just treat the econ section as a 2-class? In my imagination that would save on staff.

So I am quite curious how they will seat and staff on this odd thursday A340 service.
Out of curiosity I did a dummy reservation for a Thursday in June, I was able to select any seat in the "real" business class.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 4:50 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
So, I got the card. It was nice you could choose your own PIN by calling an automated phone line.

Anyways, where should I look for those upgrade vouchers? I mean, I log in to my Finnair+ account and should see them somewhere maybe? I just can't find anything but then again, perhaps it takes some time get them deposited into accounts.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 5:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by FinnishFlash
Anyways, where should I look for those upgrade vouchers? I mean, I log in to my Finnair+ account and should see them somewhere maybe? I just can't find anything but then again, perhaps it takes some time get them deposited into accounts.
Finnair Plus told me they will be visible in your account but that it might take a week or two for them to appear.

Now if I could only get two more somehow so I could exchange them to 1x LH instead
Old Jun 22, 2013, 5:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by exs2
Finnair Plus told me they will be visible in your account but that it might take a week or two for them to appear.

Now if I could only get two more somehow so I could exchange them to 1x LH instead
Now I have some further information on this so I thought I would pass it along.

I have a Finnair flight coming on July so I thought I would use the vouchers to upgrade my flight but still could not see the vouchers anywhere so contacted Finnair Plus with web form. Response time was under 30 minutes and followup email response under 10 minutes btw and this on national holiday.

Response translation is as follows:
Diners Club upgrade vouchers are already visible in your account. Go to your points section and there is a place where you can see the vouchers.

I responded that as hard as I try, I can't find them following her instructions.

Next response was as follows:
Unfortunately internet visibility might update with delay and there is possibility that the upgrade vouchers wont be visible because the system doesn't recognise that the Basic member could have said vouchers. They should show up ok on Gold and Platinum members.

However, I can see that two European upgrade vouchers are visible in the system and that the expiration date is 30.6.2014 (Diners Club card activation date on Finnair points page shows as 13.6.2013).

---

So, if you signed up for the Finnair Plus Diners Club during the campaign for two European upgrade vouchers and are not Gold or Platinum member, it is very likely that the vouchers are already active but you just can't see them. If you have a flight coming you would like to upgrade, just contact them and request the upgrade with the vouchers.

Earlier in this thread WilcoRoger said that the vouchers would expire end of 2013. The email I got from Finnair contradicts this information.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by exs2
Earlier in this thread WilcoRoger said that the vouchers would expire end of 2013. The email I got from Finnair contradicts this information.
I must have gotten that info from the AY website, but ^ if they are valid longer!
Old Jun 23, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
I think the advertisement itself stated they would be valid only until end of 2013 but I, too, called Finnair Plus and they told mine were valid until 30.6.2014 as well. Nice and efficient call and they upgraded me at once.

I had actually never contacted them by phone before and this was a very pleasant surprise. No staying in line and friendly and effective treatment. A+.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I have always found AY+ phone service (aka "Kajaani") fast and efficient. Good thing it's not off-shored (as opposed to SK)

I have my issues with the whole programme, but phone service is not one of those ^
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:16 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I have always found AY+ phone service (aka "Kajaani") fast and efficient. Good thing it's not off-shored (as opposed to SK)

I have my issues with the whole programme, but phone service is not one of those ^
Excellent and fast service, whichever way they are contacted. Another thumbs up for "Kajaani".
Old Jun 26, 2013, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Back to Diners.

I visited a lounge with my DC. Now I have this on my DC account

Code:
Tapahtuman tiedot
Päiväys: 	15.4.2013
Kirjauspäivä: 	4.6.2013
Liikepaikka: 	Lounge
Viite: 	XXX Lounge
Summa 	0,00 €
Have lounge visits been recorded like this before? So far it's 0€, but I have a bad feeling about it, seeing how the DK (and SE?) Diners card holders lost their free lounge access

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.