Fast track arrival in Bangkok

Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Ed Size
Since there are two normal immigration areas, do you know by chance if it´s located in both sides or only in one side, and if only on one side - which one?
If I'm not mistaken there were signs saying it's only in immigration area 1. You enter it like everyone else but then there's a separate area on the right side of the hall for fast track.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
If I'm not mistaken there were signs saying it's only in immigration area 1. You enter it like everyone else but then there's a separate area on the right side of the hall for fast track.
Great thank you, next time I need to watch the signs.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:35 am

Surprise surprise, things have changed again. This time there are no more fast track slips. They only look at your boarding pass to decide if they let you use the fast track lane. I can see how this might result in quite a few J travelers completely missing this, especially if they haven't flown through BKK before and aren't aware of their existence. Especially the fast track lane on arrival is quite inconspicuous, hidden away behind the passport lanes of Thai nationals.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:52 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Surprise surprise, things have changed again. This time there are no more fast track slips. They only look at your boarding pass to decide if they let you use the fast track lane. I can see how this might result in quite a few J travelers completely missing this, especially if they haven't flown through BKK before and aren't aware of their existence. Especially the fast track lane on arrival is quite inconspicuous, hidden away behind the passport lanes of Thai nationals.
I agree about the lack of information on the fast track. Had I not flown to BKK before and asked for the fast track voucher from the cabin crew, I would have never known about it. Only when I asked, they explained that vouchers are not needed anymore. I also noticed that the fast track officers are picky about the flight codes. I had a code share (flying CX with AY code, HKG to BKK) and entered the AY code on the immigration document, as the AY code was easily available in the app when filling the document. The fast track officers said that Finnair does not fly from HKG to BKK and made me re-do the whole documentation.

Does anyone know if the fast track is still available for OWE (or any other status), if flying economy?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: Baec
Originally Posted by mhle
I agree about the lack of information on the fast track. Had I not flown to BKK before and asked for the fast track voucher from the cabin crew, I would have never known about it. Only when I asked, they explained that vouchers are not needed anymore. I also noticed that the fast track officers are picky about the flight codes. I had a code share (flying CX with AY code, HKG to BKK) and entered the AY code on the immigration document, as the AY code was easily available in the app when filling the document. The fast track officers said that Finnair does not fly from HKG to BKK and made me re-do the whole documentation.

Does anyone know if the fast track is still available for OWE (or any other status), if flying economy?
As there's no more fast track slips anymore I don't think that this is possible.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by mhle
.Does anyone know if the fast track is still available for OWE (or any other status), if flying economy?
Right now no. It was time to change this since way too many people using the Fastback when leaving the country. Wait times could 30 minutes and more - at FastTrack.
Cupart and mhle like this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 4:50 pm

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Marriott Abassador, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
Does anyone know if the fast track is still available for OWE (or any other status), if flying economy? - no, not yet; they check BP
Old Sep 2, 2019, 11:42 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by spek
Does anyone know if the fast track is still available for OWE (or any other status), if flying economy? - no, not yet; they check BP

I sure hope the upgrade clears for me 😄😄

Any recent experience on lines at immigration at BKK (non fast track area) when AY141 Arrives?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 11:54 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by kauppias
I sure hope the upgrade clears for me 😄😄

Any recent experience on lines at immigration at BKK (non fast track area) when AY141 Arrives?
I was first out the plane so the ”normal” immigration was empty (no reason to look for fast-track and I dont even know where it is)

AY do NOT give out fasttrack slips anymore for anyone. Nothing even for Lumo flying J. They said only to check boarding pass but it was useless for me as above, no queue.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by FFlash

I was first out the plane so the ”normal” immigration was empty (no reason to look for fast-track and I dont even know where it is)

AY do NOT give out fasttrack slips anymore for anyone. Nothing even for Lumo flying J. They said only to check boarding pass but it was useless for me as above, no queue.

Well it looks like I am going to be in Y anyways and I have no AY status 😄😄

I allways looked at the normal lines first before heading to fast track anyways it has just been awhile since I have flown on AY141 usually I am on the night flight which I forgot about! 😮

Had I been smart the upgrade on that flight would have cleared right away 😂😂😂

Thats life in a hurry 👍
Old Sep 3, 2019, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
For whatever reason AY143 was €€€€ cheaper than AY141 - I had no issues arriving in the afternoon instead of early morning the next day. (+One more night to count towards Marriott Titanium )
Old Sep 3, 2019, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
For whatever reason AY143 was €€€€ cheaper than AY141 - I had no issues arriving in the afternoon instead of early morning the next day. (+One more night to count towards Marriott Titanium )

I prefer The later departure and afternoon arrival but I just forgot to check the next day day too my bad

I am letting my bonvoy tit status lapse
Old Sep 4, 2019, 7:54 am

I'm going to try to get Titanium for the first time. By any chance, are any of you Bonvoy BKK flyers frequent stayers at the SGS?
Old Sep 4, 2019, 8:28 am

I'm going to try to get Titanium for the first time. By any chance, are any of you Bonvoy BKK flyers frequent stayers at the SGS?

Personally I got tired of bonvoy quite fast 😂 ex SPG as I am, but I will settle for LT gold and let titanium fade concentrating on Hilton diamond status and IHG Spire instead

SGS is a Solid property for sure
Old Sep 4, 2019, 8:47 am

How about a BKK SGS DO? If we take the flight that arrives in the afternoon we'll arrive at SGS just in time for the evening cocktails.

And yes, ex SPG here as well. Bonvoy trashed my plans to get LT gold (not to mention LT plat). Now I have LT silver, which means I'll get free water bottles in my room for life.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.