Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

FPC Plat for 5 nights (for Cdn Amex Plat members)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FPC Plat for 5 nights (for Cdn Amex Plat members)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2015, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by kxs250
Can you clarify this comment? I am an existing FPC member taking advantage of PLAT5 offer for the past several years. Do I need to update my profile to include the new promotion code? Or does this only apply to people that are signing up for PLAT5 for the first time?
+1
Old Aug 24, 2015, 7:46 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by kxs250
Can you clarify this comment? I am an existing FPC member taking advantage of PLAT5 offer for the past several years. Do I need to update my profile to include the new promotion code? Or does this only apply to people that are signing up for PLAT5 for the first time?
That's just what it says on the website for the promotion terms.
http://www.fairmont.com/promo/plat5/

It's not very specific, but I've never changed my profile from the PLAT5 enrolment code to the PLATIN5 promotion code, and it's always renewed the status each year.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:26 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, WS Gold, Hertz PC, NationalEE, Hyatt Explorist, IHGGold, BW Diamond
Anybody know how the Amex 3rd Night Free counts for the 5 nights?

I have a six night stay later this year. The 3rd night free bumped my rate down to $172 per night Royal York Toronto.

FYI - I usually get upgraded to an older suite when I book a regular unrenovated room, but not when I book a Luxury Renovated Room. When the Steel Convention is on, this hotel and many others downtown are full and upgrades are scarce.

For anyone who has not stayed here, the new rooms are very nice, but very small.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by catarina
Anybody know how the Amex 3rd Night Free counts for the 5 nights?

I have a six night stay later this year. The 3rd night free bumped my rate down to $172 per night Royal York Toronto.
Your stay should count as six nights.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:56 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, WS Gold, Hertz PC, NationalEE, Hyatt Explorist, IHGGold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Your stay should count as six nights.
I'm liking that :-)
Old Sep 7, 2015, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I just noticed that they ***** out the code now on fairmont.com. I do not recall that this was the case.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:56 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum, SPG Gold
Im looking to get a few confirmations to try maintain my platinum membership for next year. I currently have a American express platinum card and 1 free night cert, 1 qualified stay off a free night cert earlier in the year.

To maintain my platinum do i only need 4 qualifying staying? Can one of the 4 nights be my free certificate?

Will the stay need to be credit to my Amex credit card or can i use my gift certificate.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by ntle
Im looking to get a few confirmations to try maintain my platinum membership for next year. I currently have a American express platinum card and 1 free night cert, 1 qualified stay off a free night cert earlier in the year.

To maintain my platinum do i only need 4 qualifying staying? Can one of the 4 nights be my free certificate?

Will the stay need to be credit to my Amex credit card or can i use my gift certificate.
Free nights do not count for requal. If you had one count, consider yourself lucky.... it isn't the case for all properties.

I have a feeling North American properties count it as non-qualifying, and international ones do - maybe? So I'd use the free night cert ASAP in hopes that it counts, and if it doesn't, plan for another stay.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Free nights do not count for requal. If you had one count, consider yourself lucky.... it isn't the case for all properties.

I have a feeling North American properties count it as non-qualifying, and international ones do - maybe? So I'd use the free night cert ASAP in hopes that it counts, and if it doesn't, plan for another stay.
I find it hit and miss. In my case, I used my free night this year in Montreux, CH, and it did not count as qualifying.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 10:09 pm

Stayed in Swissotel Istanbul this year. Booked and paid through Expedia on my Amex Plat. The 2 nights are recognized on my profile, but would they disqualify in terms of this promo?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by flyCsG
Stayed in Swissotel Istanbul this year. Booked and paid through Expedia on my Amex Plat. The 2 nights are recognized on my profile, but would they disqualify in terms of this promo?
The terms of this promo simply say you need to pay for the rooms with your Amex. It doesn't specifically say that you can't book it through an OTA, although some OTAs are excluded from counting as qualifying nights. If you can see the nights already posted to your profile as qualifying, then I expect you should be OK.

Last edited by CanadaDH; Nov 30, 2015 at 5:51 am
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
The terms of this promo simply say you need to pay for the rooms with your Amex. It doesn't specifically say that you can't book it through an OTA, although some OTAs are excluded from counting as qualifying nights. If you can see the nights already posted to your profile as qualifying, then I expect you should be OK.
Fingers crossed. Then again I am still lacking 2 nights and am not sure if I'll be keeping my Amex Plat.

4 nights coming up in February though, maybe I should just forgo it this year and get early qualification in 2016.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:55 pm

Fingers crossed. Then again I am still lacking 2 nights and am not sure if I'll be keeping my Amex Plat.

4 nights coming up in February though, maybe I should just forgo it this year and get early qualification in 2016.
Are you currently Platinum and trying to requalify, or are you trying to qualify for the first time?

It would be better if you could qualify this year, because then you'd receive the Platinum benefits during your February stay. I suppose you're not missing out on too much, like a welcome amenity and a few extra airline miles, but sometimes I find the guaranteed late check in and out to come in handy. If none of those are important on your February stay, then it won't matter much if you wait until then to qualify. The most tangible benefits are the upgrade certs and free nights.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Are you currently Platinum and trying to requalify, or are you trying to qualify for the first time?

It would be better if you could qualify this year, because then you'd receive the Platinum benefits during your February stay. I suppose you're not missing out on too much, like a welcome amenity and a few extra airline miles, but sometimes I find the guaranteed late check in and out to come in handy. If none of those are important on your February stay, then it won't matter much if you wait until then to qualify. The most tangible benefits are the upgrade certs and free nights.
Oh yes, I am currently Platinum with 2 room upgrades and 1 suite upgrade certs that's likely to not be used, heh. Unfortunately could not apply those to Swissotel.

Given the gift card sale, I'll be paying for my February stay using them, and probably requesting for a nominal amount to be billed to my Amex in order to satisfy the Plat5 terms. Does anyone have experience with this?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:39 am

Oh yes, I am currently Platinum with 2 room upgrades and 1 suite upgrade certs that's likely to not be used, heh. Unfortunately could not apply those to Swissotel.

Given the gift card sale, I'll be paying for my February stay using them, and probably requesting for a nominal amount to be billed to my Amex in order to satisfy the Plat5 terms. Does anyone have experience with this?
There is no need to redeem a gift card in full, and you can apply whatever amount you want from a gift card, and pay whatever portion you wish to with your Amex. I originally qualified using the PLAT5 promo, and did exactly as you describe without any issue.

I also seem to have unused room upgrades every year. I never have a problem using up the suite upgrades and the free night, but after staying about 40 nights this year, I only found 1 time to use a room upgrade cert.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.