Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont New Orleans

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2004, 11:58 am

Fairmont New Orleans

Does anyone know what the Fairmont New Orleans suites look like? I am thinking about using my upgrade certificate there, but I can't seem to find any pictures. Is this a nice Fairmont? Or should I use my cert elsewhere? Thanks!
Old Oct 8, 2004, 3:09 pm

Programs: 1K (I know, my screen name is outdated), Marriott Plat, *Wood Plat, Five Star, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by LittleFlyer
Does anyone know what the Fairmont New Orleans suites look like? I am thinking about using my upgrade certificate there, but I can't seem to find any pictures. Is this a nice Fairmont? Or should I use my cert elsewhere? Thanks!

I stayed there last year, got upgraded to a suite which had very high ceilings, a living room with a wet bar, a seperate bedroom, big closets and a nicely sized marble bath. The hotel is old but things were reasonably well up to date. I would say go for it. ^
Old Oct 14, 2004, 7:34 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
We stayed there many years ago...before the rooms were refurbished. We were in a large group and we had a suite and another couple had a suite and both were completely different. I think we were in the older part of the hotel, had the high ceilings, and we loved our suite. The other suite was a more modern-looking suite.

The location was fine for us.

It's odd that there are no pictures of the suites and on the Fairmont website I only found one picture of a room.

Last edited by Nanook; Oct 14, 2004 at 7:40 am
Old Oct 14, 2004, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Please see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...eferrerid=3390

This gives you more photos
Old Oct 15, 2004, 8:37 am

Thanks AltaFlyer! I actually had looked at your link before I even considered staying there It looks so pretty in the pictures... I'll give a report when I return--havn't stayed at a Fairmont except for the Plaza in NYC. Hopefully this will be just as fun!
Old Jul 27, 2009, 2:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
New Orleans hotel reopens 4 years after Katrina

A former Fairmont property, in case anyone interested:

http://www.mercurynews.com/travel/ci_12923275

NEW ORLEANS—The massive lobby, with its ornate trim, glittering Italian crystal chandeliers and mosaic floors, looks much as it did when Louisiana's Kingfish, Gov. Huey P. Long last strolled through. Some say a box full of kickbacks and shakedown money was tucked under his arm as he made his way to his regular suite in the 1930s.

The Roosevelt Hotel has finally reopened in downtown New Orleans four years after Hurricane Katrina. Thanks to a $145 million renovation, it's making an opulent return to its heyday, when the likes of Long, a parade of Hollywood stars and the country's movers and shakers held court there.

"The hotel was built in 1893, but the grandest period was from the 1920s and '30s," said general manager Tod Chambers. "We wanted to restore it to that era."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.