Where did my certs go?

Old Jan 26, 19, 3:19 pm

ask front desk - they can print them for you..
Old Jan 30, 19, 5:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC E50K/SPG-Marriott Titanium/Accor-FPC Plat/IHG Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
All of my certs are gone as well, but a quick call to the old Fairmont FPC line and a warm transfer to a knowledgable agent eased my mind.

I was able to apply upgrade certs for both the Royal York and Palliser coming up, and when I asked about my comp nights remaining, I was advised that both Mayakoba and Pacific Rim are wide-open next month. I am thinking perhaps going out with a bang at Mayakoba...but nervous that I would not get the crazy upgrades of my last 2 visits.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jan 31, 19, 3:37 pm

Programs: DLPM, MVP75K, Le Club Accor Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Plat
I have two left, and they popped up on my phone app today. Go figure.
Old Feb 1, 19, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K, Accormont Plat, Starriott Gold
Originally Posted by jimmygottfredson View Post
I have two left, and they popped up on my phone app today. Go figure.
Mine are back in the app too.
Old Feb 1, 19, 9:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC
Angry One of the most incompetent mergers ever!!!!

As mergers go - and I've been involved in a few over the years - this has got to be as bad as it gets. The list is simply too long and painful to recite here, but the last straw is the missing certificates which clearly were NOT supposed to expire until the end of February 2019. Fortunately thanks to the tips in this thread, I also found them in my new Le Snub AccorHotel app - great the $300 USD is still available to enjoy before the end of the month - but I did screenshots just ensure they don't simply disappear again.

So what rewards program has everyone switched to now? It's not nearly the same at Fairmont program at its peak, but the SPG & Marriott program seems closer than what these clowns are offering us. Any thoughts? Cheers.
Nick Art likes this.
Old Feb 2, 19, 8:39 am

Programs: AA3MMEXP, BAGold, UA1MMPremGold, Marriott PlatPremAmb, AccorPlat, HHGold, IC PlatAmb, HyattExplorist
Most of the major chains’ programs are closer to FPC than is LeClub Accor—of course, it wouldn’t take much— although not that close. For example, top tiers at Marriott, Hyatt, and Hilton all get guaranteed late checkout (with some exceptions), and, better than FPC, free breakfast (as do mid-tiers at Marriott and Hilton). IC has just made changes to its program, but if their footprint and the undisclosed spend requirements work for you, Royal Ambassadors get guaranteed early checkin (now at 10 rather than 8 am) and late checkout. Even lowly Ambassadors get guaranteed late checkout (although, in fairness, IC “guarantees” are being watered down significantly). Hyatt top tiers and mid & top tiers at Marriott get limited (more generous at Hyatt) confirmable suite upgrades.
i’ve gone with Marriott because of its coverage and because there are many SPG legacy properties I want to try, but that was more as a replacement for Hyatt(when WoH imposed a 60-night requirement) than for FPC. For now, I’ll continue to stay at my 1 or 2 favorite Fairmonts, where clearly any good treatment I receive is the result of my having been a frequent guest at those properties, rather than my “status” as a platinum in Accor’s no-real-benefits program.

Last edited by rfrost; Feb 12, 19 at 6:22 pm
Old Feb 11, 19, 4:23 pm

I never checked my accor account properly... but it seems like my Fairmont account disappeared into the void and I only have my old Accor info from years ago.

Got a notification from Awardwallet about the upcoming expiry of dining certs and was hoping to use them.... if they still exist somewhere. The only matching info was email address, FPC used my passport full name, Accor has shortened name and old address and phone number.
Old Feb 12, 19, 4:39 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, RS****
Originally Posted by deBare View Post
So what rewards program has everyone switched to now? It's not nearly the same at Fairmont program at its peak, but the SPG & Marriott program seems closer than what these clowns are offering us. Any thoughts? Cheers.
Same question here... I have not found any other program that would be as good as FPC yet and I think I never will as FPC will never be matched... So currently I'm sobbing in a corner about the loss with no clear idea on where I should move.
margarita girl and prairiedog like this.
Old Feb 13, 19, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by crimsona View Post
I never checked my accor account properly... but it seems like my Fairmont account disappeared into the void and I only have my old Accor info from years ago.

Got a notification from Awardwallet about the upcoming expiry of dining certs and was hoping to use them.... if they still exist somewhere. The only matching info was email address, FPC used my passport full name, Accor has shortened name and old address and phone number.
Called the toll free number on Fairmont's website and transferred to loyalty. Turns out the account with the certs didn't have an email attached to it (probably rejected due to details mismatch).

Asked them to attach a different email address and I can see the certs in the app. Will just abandon the original account