Where did my certs go?

Old Jan 26, 19, 2:19 pm

ask front desk - they can print them for you..
Old Jan 30, 19, 4:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC E50K/SPG-Marriott Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/IHG Plat/HHDiamond/Hyatt Discoverist
All of my certs are gone as well, but a quick call to the old Fairmont FPC line and a warm transfer to a knowledgable agent eased my mind.

I was able to apply upgrade certs for both the Royal York and Palliser coming up, and when I asked about my comp nights remaining, I was advised that both Mayakoba and Pacific Rim are wide-open next month. I am thinking perhaps going out with a bang at Mayakoba...but nervous that I would not get the crazy upgrades of my last 2 visits.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jan 31, 19, 2:37 pm

Programs: DLSL, MVP75K, Accor Diamond, Marriott Plat
I have two left, and they popped up on my phone app today. Go figure.
Old Feb 1, 19, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by jimmygottfredson View Post
I have two left, and they popped up on my phone app today. Go figure.
Mine are back in the app too.
Old Feb 1, 19, 8:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC
Angry One of the most incompetent mergers ever!!!!

As mergers go - and I've been involved in a few over the years - this has got to be as bad as it gets. The list is simply too long and painful to recite here, but the last straw is the missing certificates which clearly were NOT supposed to expire until the end of February 2019. Fortunately thanks to the tips in this thread, I also found them in my new Le Snub AccorHotel app - great the $300 USD is still available to enjoy before the end of the month - but I did screenshots just ensure they don't simply disappear again.

So what rewards program has everyone switched to now? It's not nearly the same at Fairmont program at its peak, but the SPG & Marriott program seems closer than what these clowns are offering us. Any thoughts? Cheers.
Nick Art likes this.
Old Feb 2, 19, 7:39 am

Programs: BAGold,AA3MMPlat,UA1MMGold,FBSilver,MarriottAmb,AccorPlat,HHGold,ICPlatAmb, HyattDiscoverist
Most of the major chains’ programs are closer to FPC than is LeClub Accor—of course, it wouldn’t take much— although not that close. For example, top tiers at Marriott, Hyatt, and Hilton all get guaranteed late checkout (with some exceptions), and, better than FPC, free breakfast (as do mid-tiers at Marriott and Hilton). IC has just made changes to its program, but if their footprint and the undisclosed spend requirements work for you, Royal Ambassadors get guaranteed early checkin (now at 10 rather than 8 am) and late checkout. Even lowly Ambassadors get guaranteed late checkout (although, in fairness, IC “guarantees” are being watered down significantly). Hyatt top tiers and mid & top tiers at Marriott get limited (more generous at Hyatt) confirmable suite upgrades.
i’ve gone with Marriott because of its coverage and because there are many SPG legacy properties I want to try, but that was more as a replacement for Hyatt(when WoH imposed a 60-night requirement) than for FPC. For now, I’ll continue to stay at my 1 or 2 favorite Fairmonts, where clearly any good treatment I receive is the result of my having been a frequent guest at those properties, rather than my “status” as a platinum in Accor’s no-real-benefits program.

Last edited by rfrost; Feb 12, 19 at 5:22 pm
Old Feb 11, 19, 3:23 pm

I never checked my accor account properly... but it seems like my Fairmont account disappeared into the void and I only have my old Accor info from years ago.

Got a notification from Awardwallet about the upcoming expiry of dining certs and was hoping to use them.... if they still exist somewhere. The only matching info was email address, FPC used my passport full name, Accor has shortened name and old address and phone number.
Old Feb 12, 19, 3:39 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Originally Posted by deBare View Post
So what rewards program has everyone switched to now? It's not nearly the same at Fairmont program at its peak, but the SPG & Marriott program seems closer than what these clowns are offering us. Any thoughts? Cheers.
Same question here... I have not found any other program that would be as good as FPC yet and I think I never will as FPC will never be matched... So currently I'm sobbing in a corner about the loss with no clear idea on where I should move.
Old Feb 13, 19, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by crimsona View Post
I never checked my accor account properly... but it seems like my Fairmont account disappeared into the void and I only have my old Accor info from years ago.

Got a notification from Awardwallet about the upcoming expiry of dining certs and was hoping to use them.... if they still exist somewhere. The only matching info was email address, FPC used my passport full name, Accor has shortened name and old address and phone number.
Called the toll free number on Fairmont's website and transferred to loyalty. Turns out the account with the certs didn't have an email attached to it (probably rejected due to details mismatch).

Asked them to attach a different email address and I can see the certs in the app. Will just abandon the original account
Old Feb 20, 19, 8:53 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Platinum Elite, Accor Platinum, AC SE, MPC SL
Hello fellow FTers,

Did anyone try to extend their certificates? I did ask many years ago and they did so I'm wondering what are the chances they would extend now. Reason I asked is because I'm looking at a 2-bedroom villa stay in May for 4 nights at the Fairmont Bali (not my first time there either) and I have some spa/dining certs left that I'd like to use there.

Let me know if any of you have requested to extend.

Thank you.
Old Feb 21, 19, 5:54 am

Programs: FPC Platinum, Aeroplan
Called yesterday for a stay in March. Was told absolutely no way to do it since the system for certs won't be in place after Feb.
Old Feb 21, 19, 10:00 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
It seems that I will be loosing a complete set of certs in about one week. What a waste.
Old Feb 22, 19, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Ahhh.. good thing I found this. Couldnt find my certs. I know (I think) I have $75 left for food this weekend, one final goodbye,

What number are people calling to confirm that their certs still exist?
Old Feb 23, 19, 2:22 pm

Programs: Starwood Plat
FPC diaspora

Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
Same question here... I have not found any other program that would be as good as FPC yet and I think I never will as FPC will never be matched... So currently I'm sobbing in a corner about the loss with no clear idea on where I should move.
I feel like I've become a premium hotel loyalty program homeless person.
Nick Art likes this.
Old Feb 25, 19, 9:44 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Has anyone tried buying a Willow Stream GC and paying for it with certs on check out? If so this might be a back up plan for us.

We are scrambling to use up all our certs (2 plats who each got the bonus certs too this year) and because of time commitments we haven't even been able to go for a meal at the Fairmont Palliser.
We have a reservation at the BSH on Feb. 28th to use up our last free night and a suite upgrade, and will use some dining credits for dinner but no time for a massage that night. Fairmont agent at Banff said it would be no problem to apply a bunch of our dining/spa certs or all of the remaining ones to our room when we check-in on Feb. 28th and then if we get a massage or other services on March 1st we can use the certs already applied to our folio for payment. But my SO isn't keen on massages so we will still have some certs left over even if I get one.
But I forgot to ask her about buying a Willow Stream GC and paying for it with the certs. I have never bought one at the spa - would it be applied to your bill at check out? I read you can't use a GC the same day you buy it but I didn't see any other T & C relating to paying with spa certificates. TIA!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: