Wiki Posts
Search

Transferring Certificates is back on

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2018, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by iahphx
I called Accor to ask if I could transfer my Fairmont certs to a family member and they said no -- I'd have to be a platinum to do it. Has anyone simply made a reservation in their own name, added the person you want to gift the certificate to as an additional guest, and then called the hotel to tell them you're not sure you can make it, but please allow your additional guest check in? I think the odds are high this would work. I have a family member who's thinking of staying at a Fairmont, but it's really not worth it to them without the upgrade. Meanwhile, I have a cert I really can't use by February. I think gifting my cert would be a win-win for everyone.
Well, the answer is pretty simple:

Has anyone done this successfully before? Yes, I'm sure, especially if the last names were the same.
Is there a small risk that the check-in agent will insist on seeing you or otherwise charge the rack rate for the upgraded room/suite? In theory, yes.
Brendan likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
I can say that I have successfully had a reservation pull certificates from both my account and my wife's account on the same booking. They made appropriate notes in the reservation so the hotel would know where to take them. Now, we were travelling together, so if they asked, she would have had to appear at the desk, or they could have denied use of the certificate and charged the full rate. That didn't happen, but as Jasper said, in theory, it could.
Brendan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.