Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

It has been 3 weeks - your experience with Fairmont / Accor

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It has been 3 weeks - your experience with Fairmont / Accor

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by R2
In Accorhotels world you are eligible to bargain for another upgrade...
From 4 stays I have with Accor as Gold, I only got upgraded in 1 occasion.
I guess I'm not a good bargain hunter
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I stayed at the Fairmont Miramar in Santa Monica this past weekend. They have already begun rebranding here - in particular, the in-room water bottles and anything else that is branded with the hotel logo now calls it "The Miramar", with no mention of the Fairmont name. I wonder if this is a preview of Le Accor's plans for the Fairmont brand...
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:14 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I stayed at the Fairmont Miramar in Santa Monica this past weekend. They have already begun rebranding here - in particular, the in-room water bottles and anything else that is branded with the hotel logo now calls it "The Miramar", with no mention of the Fairmont name. I wonder if this is a preview of Le Accor's plans for the Fairmont brand...
The horror... the horror...
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:59 am

This only works with some of the properties. You can't use it with SF or SJ for example. "I'm staying at The San Jose" doesn't sound right.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by nock
This only works with some of the properties. You can't use it with SF or SJ for example. "I'm staying at The San Jose" doesn't sound right.
I don't know why they would need to re-brand anything? The Fairmont brand hasn't changed under Accor. Accor has lots of brands already which operate under their own individual names, so they should know.

With the Fairmont's that I'm most familiar with, they are predominately referred to by their non-city, heritage name anyway. Nobody says they're going to stay at the Fairmont Quebec; it's the Chateau Frontenac, or sometimes Fairmont le Chateau Frontenac, but always "Chateau Frontenac". Or, they're staying at the Royal York Hotel, not the Fairmont Toronto. You could probably say the same about nearly every Canadian Fairmont property. Same with a lot of their historic properties around the world... The Savoy, Le Montreux Palace, The Plaza, etc. It's probably more the newer properties that may be more recognized by the Fairmont identifier in the name. With many of the historic Canadian hotels, you can still see the branding of the old Canadian Pacific name, as the CP name and logo are often carved into the stonework (and in the case of Banff Springs, I'd be surprised if they were even allowed to remove that, since it's designated as a National Historic Site).
Goldorak likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Accor Gold, AMEX FHR
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Maybe The Miramar is planning on dropping Fairmont/Accor
Brendan and Admiral Ackbar like this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

While my stay at the Fairmont The Palm was quite satisfactory, LeClub is not. I’m missing the nights and the points on my profile. Any suggestions as to how to proceed?

Should I message my contact at the Moncton Center (that helped me with the transition already) or should I take the chance and try and write LeClub support and expect an answer not before the next decade?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 5:06 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Well in Le Club, it is the hotel that approves and posts the points. So CS contacts the hotel for them to credit the points. I do not know for Fairmont hotels, did their IT integrates this feature from Accor or not ? I think you are best served first contacting the Moncton Center and follow up with Le Club if Moncton can not help.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 7:57 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by Nick Art
While my stay at the Fairmont The Palm was quite satisfactory, LeClub is not. I’m missing the nights and the points on my profile. Any suggestions as to how to proceed?

Should I message my contact at the Moncton Center (that helped me with the transition already) or should I take the chance and try and write LeClub support and expect an answer not before the next decade?
Hi Nick Art,

I have always contacted the hotel directly by email in order to resolve missing points and nights, because it is the hotel that posts the points and nights. In my experience, this has always been resolved promptly, and in a satisfactory manner. On a couple of occassions, the hotel has also thrown in some unexpected bonus courtesy points.

That being said, perhaps Fairmont are not yet connected to the system, because I, myself, am still waiting for points and nights to be posted from the Fairmont Nanjing from a few days ago. Perhaps try contacting the hotel first, and if that doesn't help, try reaching out to Moncton.
Nick Art likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Maelstrom
Hi Nick Art,

I have always contacted the hotel directly by email in order to resolve missing points and nights, because it is the hotel that posts the points and nights. In my experience, this has always been resolved promptly, and in a satisfactory manner. On a couple of occassions, the hotel has also thrown in some unexpected bonus courtesy points.

That being said, perhaps Fairmont are not yet connected to the system, because I, myself, am still waiting for points and nights to be posted from the Fairmont Nanjing from a few days ago. Perhaps try contacting the hotel first, and if that doesn't help, try reaching out to Moncton.
Thank you very much for your suggestion. I already have sent le Club support an email with the recipe and Surprise Surprise, I have not heard back. I will definetly contact the hotel directly as you suggested.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Was upgraded at Hotel Mac (Edmonton) to Gold floor this week. That has never happened before. Not sure if this is cause I have 300+ nights here or the new Platinum status, but I'll take it
escape4 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:25 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Was upgraded at Hotel Mac (Edmonton) to Gold floor this week. That has never happened before. Not sure if this is cause I have 300+ nights here or the new Platinum status, but I'll take it
The Accor website expressly states that the Platinum benefits of lounge access and room upgrades are "not applicable to Fairmont Gold", so you got lucky!

Last edited by Maelstrom; Oct 23, 2018 at 8:34 pm
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

So the hotel finally came back to me regarding the missing points. As it turns out they have been credited to the person I shared my room with.
And apparently due to the new LeClub rules I'm not even entitled to have the amount of nights credited to my account in this scenario. I mean I understand to some point that they don't want to double credit the points to two accounts, but the amount of nights? I'm being treated as if I've never been to the hotel at all!
Keep in mind that under the old FPC rule both customers that stayed in the same room received the amount of nights credited to their account.

I can't even describe how mad I currently am.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
So the hotel finally came back to me regarding the missing points. As it turns out they have been credited to the person I shared my room with.
And apparently due to the new LeClub rules I'm not even entitled to have the amount of nights credited to my account in this scenario. I mean I understand to some point that they don't want to double credit the points to two accounts, but the amount of nights? I'm being treated as if I've never been to the hotel at all!
Keep in mind that under the old FPC rule both customers that stayed in the same room received the amount of nights credited to their account.

(bolding mine)

Really? I guess I actually learnt something today.

And I've never heard of a program that gives stay/night credit to multiple accounts, so as mediocre as Le Club Accor is in many ways, this seems like a perfectly reasonable policy.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE

Wait. I never knew that! You mean my wife and I could have each been receiving night and stay credits for the same room?

I really don't have a problem with a rule that says a hotel loyalty credit, whether nights, stays or points, should only go to one person. I don't think double-counting should be allowed, if you only paid for one room. I'm surprised to learn that FPC actually allowed that. I could see how something like that could be abused. A group of 4 friends or colleagues could theoretically say there are 4 people staying in their room at check-in on every trip, even if staying alone, and they'd all rack up status 4 times as fast.

Edit - Jasper beat me to the same thought!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.