Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

It has been 3 weeks - your experience with Fairmont / Accor

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It has been 3 weeks - your experience with Fairmont / Accor

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
out of curiosity, what are your favorite suites? I think mine are the X09/X11 combo that make a wonderful and huge one bedroom suite.
I like 647. It's high in the "cross section" of the hotel, at the front, with large windows looking down the Bow Valley in one direction and up the Spray Valley in the other. Right across the hall, 641 is the mirror image suite.

I'm sure there are lots of great suites in the hotel... the place is huge.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I like 647. It's high in the "cross section" of the hotel, at the front, with large windows looking down the Bow Valley in one direction and up the Spray Valley in the other. Right across the hall, 641 is the mirror image suite.

I'm sure there are lots of great suites in the hotel... the place is huge.
we loved our 461Jr suite
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:25 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Arthurrs
It seems to be an Accor perk, I got four certs when I checked into the Fairmont Kea Lani last week for the four of us in the room. Even though we were supposed to use them by the following day after check in, I had no problem redeeming them on the 3rd day of our stay. Was good for drinks up to $18 each at the Luana lounge, and I obviously tried whatever drinks I could find up to that value!! I guess it's a nice gesture, maybe not as valuable if alcohol is not your "thing."
Any reason why they had a date limit set? You can normally consume the drink anytime during your stay.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:47 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by dmodemd
What's with all the welcome drinks? Is this standard now?
It is indeed, one voucher for Le Club status members (Silver to Platinum) per room (if 2 pax it should be 2 drinks, except in France where it is only 1). Offer varies from hotel to hotel (some only offer soft drink, beer and wine but most upscale hotels include champagne or cocktails). Nobody is forced to drink alcohol.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:08 am

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Any reason why they had a date limit set? You can normally consume the drink anytime during your stay.
I have no idea why they set a date limit, but it was stipulated on the cert. Redeemed it a day after it "expired" without any trouble.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:11 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Arthurrs
I have no idea why they set a date limit, but it was stipulated on the cert. Redeemed it a day after it "expired" without any trouble.
Very odd and something I have never come across is AccorHotels stays. I also doubt this is supposed to be SOP and should be raised with hotel management. Also makes no sense whatsoever.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dmodemd
What did they do to make it up to you? Anything more than giving you your benefits (reluctantly)?

What's with all the welcome drinks? Is this standard now?
They comped our lobby lounge bill, which was somewhere around $100 - basically our welcome drinks that we were due plus a couple of rounds on them - considered it a nice gesture. I also suspect she reached out to Mayakoba and had something to do with the phenomenal service/upgrade there.

It is - I think the benefit applies to all status levels except basic membership. Just stayed at the Fairmont YVR and the vouchers were brought up with our Platinum amenity. They stated they were good for wine (excluding vintage and champagne) beer, and liquor (save for top shelf). We asked for a couple of French 75s in the Gold lounge and they had no issue with the voucher redemption.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:04 pm

Can I make a prepaid reservation and apply certs by directly contacting the hotel? I'm trying to avoid calling Accor support since it takes over 20 minutes to get someone.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by nock
Can I make a prepaid reservation and apply certs by directly contacting the hotel? I'm trying to avoid calling Accor support since it takes over 20 minutes to get someone.
Yes, you can apply a cert by calling in-house reservations at the hotel directly. It does need to be a booking eligible for cert use. The fact that it's prepaid doesn't prevent you applying a cert, but if it's through some discount OTA, it might not qualify. But, why bother calling Accor support at all? I can still get an agent on the phone with very little wait by calling the North American reservations number, which still goes to the Fairmont Moncton call centre. They should be able to do it for you.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:33 pm

Is that: 877-232-7070? Last time I called that and after 25 min I got an agent who had never heard of Moncton and was not very good.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by nock
Is that: 877-232-7070? Last time I called that and after 25 min I got an agent who had never heard of Moncton and was not very good.
I don't recognize that one? I don't have my card with me, but I think it's 1-800-257-7544. Or, you could call the non-toll free number with the New Brunswick area code, and call 1-506-863-6310.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:58 pm

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
one thing that I have noticed since the merger, when trying to actually book some Fairmont destinations for the coming 6 months is that PRICING overall has SKYROCKETED!!!!.

I can't find a single date at the Orchid that isn't like 700$ a night for a room upgradeable with a suite upgrade. I've never really spent more than 350$ a night. We've looked at many dates through the end of the year and into next early winter.

Same for Banff, Scottsdale, Vancouver. It's definitely seems like rate inflation going on.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by nmenaker
one thing that I have noticed since the merger, when trying to actually book some Fairmont destinations for the coming 6 months is that PRICING overall has SKYROCKETED!!!!.

I can't find a single date at the Orchid that isn't like 700$ a night for a room upgradeable with a suite upgrade. I've never really spent more than 350$ a night. We've looked at many dates through the end of the year and into next early winter.

Same for Banff, Scottsdale, Vancouver. It's definitely seems like rate inflation going on.
I haven't noticed that. I have another upcoming reservation at Banff, which was booked back in February, and looking at the same dates now, it's still selling for the same price as when I booked it. Prices at many hotels have been climbing steadily over recent years, but I think that's just more about the increasing demand in tourism in the area. I know some hotels have their own Rev Mgmt person on staff at the local hotel, and as far as I know, they set their own prices, not HQ.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:47 pm

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nmenaker

Yeah, I noticed an increase in prices as well, but also have seen some inexplicably wild fluctuations in availability and price over the course of a few days when checking online. One thing you might try...flush the cache in your browser and start a fresh search. Or try a search at another time of the day.

I just stayed at the Fairmont Orchid just this past week, we got a room for $524 a night that I was able to stack a bunch of room upgrades and a suite upgrade, and a free night certificate to get my family into an awesome oceanfront suite. I'd say this hotel is the best if you have a bunch of certs to use! However I didn't book online, I called them directly, and spoke with an in-house reservations staff member at the hotel to make this happen. My rate might have been cheap because it was the start of low season, and perhaps the recent volcano/vog activity might have scared some away, the hotel certainly wasn't full while I was there, I'd say maybe only 1/3 full if that. It was awesome while I was there!

You might also be seeing the Fairmont Orchid fill up faster now that the neighboring Mauna Lani Hotel is shutting down for 18 months starting in October for a major renovation. So you might want to book soon!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.