Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
My Accor status is still showing Platinum on the website. Not that I have used it or had any plans to use it either way.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 3:47 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
My Accor status is still showing Platinum on the website. Not that I have used it or had any plans to use it either way.
So you have Accor Plat despite not qualifying the "natural" way, that is via stays in Accor properties during 2017? If you have Plat and you say you did not use Accor at all, I wonder if those of us who have now Gold, is because we have stayed in Accor during 2017 so they calculated what is our tier using the normal way. I had 11 nights during 2017.

Last edited by escape4; Jan 30, 2018 at 4:03 am
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by escape4
So you have Accor Plat despite not qualifying the "natural" way, that is via stays in Accor properties during 2017? If you have Plat and you say you did not use Accor at all, I wonder if those of us who have now Gold, is because we have stayed in Accor during 2017 so they calculated what is our tier using the normal way. I had 11 nights during 2017.
I have zero nights at Accor, so I didn't qualify via any method; nights, stays or spend. It happened during the match to FPC status that just automatically appeared last year.

Old Jan 31, 2018, 7:26 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
So let me get this straight. We were Accor Plat in 2016-2017, and will be Accor Plat from July 2018 to December 2019. But they do not want to give us Plat between Jan 2018 and June 2018, leaving a 6-month hole in this 3+ year period. And at which hotel chain do they think we will stay at during those 6 months as a result?
Welcome to Accor, don't worry it makes sense only from their perspective.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:33 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
Fairmont program is over, use your free night get a status match to SPG/Marriott and enjoy life!
Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:06 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Actually while it does seem some have different results concerning platinum or gold membership for the next 6 months. It makes perfect sense for the next 6 months while the 2 programs are seperate. You guys keep expecting freebies from Accor program when you didnt use it. Why whinge when its very clear In the terms. Once both programs go together then you will be plat for 18 months.

​​​​​​​
Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:19 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Double post.. delete

​​​​​​​
Old Feb 2, 2018, 3:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by flybit
Fairmont program is over, use your free night get a status match to SPG/Marriott and enjoy life!
RIP Platinum after 3-5 nights and instant Premier/dining-certs
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by tris06
Actually while it does seem some have different results concerning platinum or gold membership for the next 6 months. It makes perfect sense for the next 6 months while the 2 programs are seperate. You guys keep expecting freebies from Accor program when you didnt use it. Why whinge when its very clear In the terms. Once both programs go together then you will be plat for 18 months.
To be completely objective about it, Accor can decide when the start of the platinum "freebie" is (to use your terminology) and when the platinum freebie is. That is entirely their decision. But what does not make any sense in my opinion is to give 1+ year of platinum freebie, then a hole of 6 months without platinum, and then another 1.5 year of platinum freebie. That is odd no matter how I look at it.

To make it even more odd (not that I would complain), I can get another set of Fairmont certs with two Fairmont stays (not Accor stays) during the 6-month hold period. That freebie is far more valuable than having Accor platinum during those 6 months.

So don't get me wrong, I am glad they did it this way because I was not going to stay at Accor regardless from Jan to June 2018. But personally I think it makes no sense. So I guess I should say... thank you?
Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:52 pm

To be completely objective about it, Accor can decide when the start of the platinum "freebie" is (to use your terminology) and when the platinum freebie is. That is entirely their decision. But what does not make any sense in my opinion is to give 1+ year of platinum freebie, then a hole of 6 months without platinum, and then another 1.5 year of platinum freebie. That is odd no matter how I look at it.

To make it even more odd (not that I would complain), I can get another set of Fairmont certs with two Fairmont stays (not Accor stays) during the 6-month hold period. That freebie is far more valuable than having Accor platinum during those 6 months.

So don't get me wrong, I am glad they did it this way because I was not going to stay at Accor regardless from Jan to June 2018. But personally I think it makes no sense. So I guess I should say... thank you?
I agree, that it seems odd to match the status a year ago, but have a 6-month hole, before matching it again. If you're trying to convert members to start giving their business to Accor, the gap gives them an easy opportunity to go to another chain during that interim period, and risk them liking what they find somewhere else. And the inconsistency also seems odd, where my Accor status seems to still be Platinum, while other FPC members have dropped, and I've not stayed there a single night in recent years. I suspect that most FPC members likely don't care, because they probably won't use the Accor status anyway, and will be staying at Fairmont properties due to the additional batch of FPC certificates awarded. Since the LCAH Plat status doesn't really get you anything, I never used it before after it was first comp'ed, they could take it away and I probably wouldn't even notice or care.

I'm very happy with the additional certs. With my wife and I both being FPC Platinum, we'll have a lot of upgrades and free nights to burn before Feb 2019.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:03 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Well I think all Accor members are actually very happy that FPC members are not going to get another additional 6 month free ride on top of the 2.5 years already given. Lets look at it this way... FPC buys out Accor. FPC then offers 1 year status match to all Accor platinum members to the highest level in FPC. Then a year later FPC accounces they will merge together and plat members will be given another 1.5 years complimentary (Yes complimentary as you will be given certs for the 6 months between January-June 2018) on top once the merger of programs happen. Then members of Accor complain that FPC did not give another 6 months of platinum membership to link the 2 amounts. Wouldn't FPC members ask why Accor members would be given 3 years of complimentary plat membership.

A platinum member of Accor is no different from an FPC member in that they are high value customers. I think Accor will likely move on soon and if you don't want to stay at Accor hotels (including those joining from the 2nd of July) in the future then others will.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 1:12 am

[QUOTE=tris06;29384570
I think Accor will likely move on soon and if you don't want to stay at Accor hotels (including those joining from the 2nd of July) in the future then others will.[/QUOTE]

Considering the number of FPC platinum members who are given Accor platinum for free for 2.5 years and still do not use it, then who are these "others" that will? There will be lost customers and I fail to see who will replace them, in other words it's a decline in customer base and revenues. Where will the influx come from?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by tris06
Well I think all Accor members are actually very happy that FPC members are not going to get another additional 6 month free ride on top of the 2.5 years already given. Lets look at it this way... FPC buys out Accor. FPC then offers 1 year status match to all Accor platinum members to the highest level in FPC. Then a year later FPC accounces they will merge together and plat members will be given another 1.5 years complimentary (Yes complimentary as you will be given certs for the 6 months between January-June 2018) on top once the merger of programs happen. Then members of Accor complain that FPC did not give another 6 months of platinum membership to link the 2 amounts. Wouldn't FPC members ask why Accor members would be given 3 years of complimentary plat membership.
I can certainly appreciate that some members feel that way, but your comparison doesn't really work.

- giving Accor Plat status to FPC Plat members may be perceived as "unfair", but it does not impact the stay experience of existing Plat members since all benefits are "based n availability"
- matching Accor Plat status doesn't cost Accor anything except for some stamps for sending out the membership kits
- giving FPC Plat status to all Accor Plat members would materially impact the experience of existing FPC Plat members since the ability to redeem free night and upgrade certs would decrease (there's only so much availability, and it's already quite hard to confirm those certs at certain properties)
- giving away a free night in a suite + $200 in dining certs to tens of thousands of people would be a real cost (though giving Accor Plats an incentive to stay at Fairmont hotels could obviously still make sense)

But what should concern Accor/Fairmont much more is:

1. Despite being given "free" Accor Platinum status, current FPC Platinum members have shown minimal interest in staying at Accor hotels

2. Many current FPC Platinum members will severely reduce their number of stays at Fairmont properties (they may still stay at their "favourite Fairmont properties" and in locations where Fairmont offers the best/only option, such as in the Rockies), but in other locations (especially city center locations) members will only stay there if the overall value proposition works out (which is unlikely if they've built status with a competing chain that offers any meaningful benefits)
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I'm very happy with the additional certs. With my wife and I both being FPC Platinum, we'll have a lot of upgrades and free nights to burn before Feb 2019.
I consider it a going away present
I will do my requisite 2 more stays then I will just see Fairmont on the freebie stays.
MasterGeek likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:47 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Considering the number of FPC platinum members who are given Accor platinum for free for 2.5 years and still do not use it, then who are these "others" that will? There will be lost customers and I fail to see who will replace them, in other words it's a decline in customer base and revenues. Where will the influx come from?
If I consider myself as an example, I consider myself as a candidate for the "Fairmont customer base". There are possibly more LCAH Platinum members who would stay at a Fairmont property (now that it is part of the group) than there are FPC top tier members that are threatening to stop staying at Fairmont properties. What makes people here think that only FPC members stay at Fairmont properties?
Brendan, starflyergold and tris06 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.