Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian American Express Platinum

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2017, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Canadian American Express Platinum

Is Amex discontinuing the partnership with Fairmont. The platinum with 5 stays offer seems to have been scrubbed from the amex web site... Not much benefits anymore... Only reason I have Canadian Platinum was for Fairmont... otherwise US platinum much better with $200 travel and $200 uber benefits..
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by dts9
Is Amex discontinuing the partnership with Fairmont. The platinum with 5 stays offer seems to have been scrubbed from the amex web site... Not much benefits anymore... Only reason I have Canadian Platinum was for Fairmont... otherwise US platinum much better with $200 travel and $200 uber benefits..
It certainly still seems to be active when I login to my Amex account and go to the benefit enrollment page...

It's also still very much active on Fairmont.com

http://www.fairmont.com/promo/plat5/
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:25 pm

hello i just check Amex Platinum card nothing refeer to Fairmont Hotels anymore they add up instead Hilton

Hotel Program Memberships

Upon enrollment, your Platinum Card automatically gives you the privileges of Preferred Gold Membership19 in the Starwood Preferred Guest®** program.

Also with The Platinum Card, Gold Elite status membership with the Carlson ClubSM20 can be automatically yours.

In addition, Platinum Cardmembers are now special in even more places than ever before. That’s because Platinum Cardmembers receive complimentary Hilton Honors Gold Status membership21. With a hotel for every style, budget, and occasion, Hilton Honors lets you transform points into memories you can’t help but share — at more than 4,900 hotels and resorts.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by ireman
hello i just check Amex Platinum card nothing refeer to Fairmont Hotels anymore they add up instead Hilton Hotel Program Memberships
What are you talking about? I don't think you're looking hard enough, because I just went to americanexpress.com, clicked on Travel benefits of the Platinum card, and then clicked on Hotels... and voila!

Then I clicked on the Fairmont logo...

This is right off of the Amex website. I don't see anything here that is different from the benefits that we've known for several years. Now, who knows what Accor plans to do with the FPC program next year? But as for right now, the Amex Platinum fast track program is still showing on both the Amex and Fairmont websites.

Last edited by CanadaDH; Oct 16, 2017 at 5:34 pm
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
What are you talking about? I don't think you're looking hard enough, because I just went to americanexpress.com, clicked on Travel benefits of the Platinum card, and then clicked on Hotels... and voila!

Then I clicked on the Fairmont logo...

This is right off of the Amex website. I don't see anything here that is different from the benefits that we've known for several years. Now, who knows what Accor plans to do with the FPC program next year? But as for right now, the Amex Platinum fast track program is still showing on both the Amex and Fairmont websites.
It doesn't look like it when you apply for the new card.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:52 am

Hi Canada DH

Oh well you must have look from your account that it show this perk cause i spoke last night with American Express Canada and they do not anymore offer that perks with Fairmont Hotels when applying for a new card.

Like you see on the print screen from zoqfotpik The Fairmont Perks is not there anymore. She told me peoples who had that card will see the perk active until it's discontinue with Fairmont Hotels.

I wrote to Fairmont Hotels Loyalty services so will see about that perk for the American Express Platinum.

regards
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Is this happening because some people who stay a lot in Fairmont are whining to Fairmont that this offer cheapens their status and makes it easier for riff-raff to get benefits and be treated special too ?

The offer is still advertised for the AMEX AeroPlus Platinum card:
https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/e....html#fairmont

Last edited by MasterGeek; Oct 17, 2017 at 6:00 pm
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:47 pm

I think this is just accor being accor.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Platinum Elite, Accor Platinum, AC SE, MPC SL
Is this for real? Does this mean they're phasing out this existing benefit? What a complete BS.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
It is still being advertised by Fairmont here : http://www.fairmont.com/promo/plat5/

I suspect someone at AMEX forgot to mention in in the card description following the site redesign
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
It certainly still seems to be active when I login to my Amex account and go to the benefit enrollment page...

It's also still very much active on Fairmont.com

http://www.fairmont.com/promo/plat5/
I have the Canadian personal plat and added the code to my Fairmont profile but I still do NOT see the status upgraded after staying 5 qualifying nights... Anyone experienced this?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by musicscrip
I have the Canadian personal plat and added the code to my Fairmont profile but I still do NOT see the status upgraded after staying 5 qualifying nights... Anyone experienced this?
That's pretty typical. It often requires a quick call or e-mail asking for them to update the status. However, if you've only just qualified, you may need to wait until March 1. Officially, status begins March 1, and early qualification is given if you qualify before the end of September.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:51 am

Does anyone know if the nights have to be booked directly with the Fairmont or if that nights are booked through a third party but still using your credit card will work?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by armadaone
Does anyone know if the nights have to be booked directly with the Fairmont or if that nights are booked through a third party but still using your credit card will work?
It doesn't have to be booked directly with Fairmont. It just has to be a qualifying stay. So if you booked through some discount OTA which doesn't count as stay/night credit for FPC, then it wouldn't count for any fast track to status programs either. But, we don't know what the 2018 program is even going to look like. The only thing we know, is that changes are coming. What those changes will be is still somewhat of a mystery. 2018 will be an interesting year.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:10 am

Just got this from Amex Canada:

"Removal of the Fairmont President’s Club Platinum Membership Benefit
Effective January 1, 2018, enrolment in the Fairmont President’s Club (FPC) Platinum Membership will no longer be a benefit on the American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card. However, if you obtain FPC Platinum status by December 31, 2017, you will keep it for the period March 1, 2018 - February 28, 2019, unless terminated earlier by the FPC program’s administrator in accordance with its governing terms and conditions. Please note, though, that the benefits associated with your status may change when Fairmont joins Le Club AccorHotels on or about July 2, 2018.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.