Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finally! Official Fairmont BRG Program

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Does anyone know if the BRG rate counts as a qualifying stay? I booked using the BRG rate to fulfill the two stays req'd before July. I would really want to earn the extra set of certs, but if the BRG rate doesn't count I may just have to cancel and book the normal rate.
Yes it does.
Old May 13, 2018, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Yes it does.
That's awesome! I showed them the rate on Orbitz with the promo code and they matched it for C$145 a/i. I'm hoping to save even more when I pay with LE certs upon checkout.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:24 pm

Nice find! I have had some great BRG's lately. Whistler was $749 on the website and I found it for $287 on Amoma. Ended up getting it for $260 or something.
Just called to try a BRG, and the Fairmont rep said that Amoma.com and GalaHotels.com are the two sites they won't pricematch. Must be a new policy.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by bombnthud
Just called to try a BRG, and the Fairmont rep said that Amoma.com and GalaHotels.com are the two sites they won't pricematch. Must be a new policy.
I would hang up and call back. I just price matched Amoma at Banff Springs last week/
Brendan likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:00 pm

I would hang up and call back. I just price matched Amoma at Banff Springs last week/
Hmm, well that's weird. Fortunately, I was able to find a similar rate on another site (travelup.com), called back, and she was willing to do the BRG for that one. Booked the Fairmont Mayakoba, and then called the reservations line to apply the suite upgrade and 3rd night free.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:48 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Can we call the Fairmont phone line for a Sofitel BRG claim? I guess I am familiar with the Fairmont staff and they are generally quite good at handling Fairmont BRGs, so I would rather continue dealing with them if it is possible. Feedback from Accor folks regarding BRG has not been glowing so I would prefer to avoid them if possible.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: *G (as are spouse and 2 kids), ACCOR ALL DIAMOND, Marriott - GE
Originally Posted by escape4
Can we call the Fairmont phone line for a Sofitel BRG claim? I guess I am familiar with the Fairmont staff and they are generally quite good at handling Fairmont BRGs, so I would rather continue dealing with them if it is possible. Feedback from Accor folks regarding BRG has not been glowing so I would prefer to avoid them if possible.
Tried it as above a month ago and they could not help... and they agree that their "powers have dwindled". I agree with you that I have always had great success and chats with Moncton as well.

Wanted to go that route as well as I did not want to commit to a non-refundable rate only for Sofitel/Accor not getting to it on time with the online submission method. Moncton (Plat) line advised to contact the hotel directly and ask if they could do the BRG with 10% - I followed through and it worked; they asked for screenshots to be sent to them (a rep at the actual resort) as well while they confirmed the links.

Hopefully this helps (ie if you can't get the direct hotel reservation number, call main reservations and ask for the direct number).
Old Jan 20, 2019, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by patty canuck
Wanted to go that route as well as I did not want to commit to a non-refundable rate only for Sofitel/Accor not getting to it on time with the online submission method. Moncton (Plat) line advised to contact the hotel directly and ask if they could do the BRG with 10% - I followed through and it worked
Thanks for the suggestion!
Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:02 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
In most cases with AH, if you have a hotel-specific issue, including points not posting after a stay, contact the property.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:21 am

In the past when I claimed BRG with Fairmont, it was entirely handled on the phone, immediately. Last time I called the lady could not see the same as I was seeing on my screen so she asked me to send my screen shots by e-mail and told me someone would contact me back. This was a mistake. The e-mail address is an Accor e-mail so I am afraid my BRG request was no longer in the hands of the Fairmont team in Moncton and fell in an Accor black hole It's been more than one week and no news.

My takeaway is that I should insist on settling everything on the phone and if e-mail is necessary, I must stay on the line for the agent to look at what I am looking.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
My takeaway is that I should insist on settling everything on the phone and if e-mail is necessary, I must stay on the line for the agent to look at what I am looking.
So I called Fairmont BRG again and asked them to look into it... after being put on hold, BRG approved!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.