Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Exciting News Announcement from Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exciting News Announcement from Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
In the past year, I have had Accor stays in Morocco, Poland, Mexico, Panama, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Spain, Greece, Italy and Portugal and only 3 times have things gone smoothly as they should.
OK, but you claimed it is a worldwide problem. Your small list of countries and much smaller list of hotels does not equal worldwide. And you didn't state at what level hotel you are talking about. Sofitel or Ibis? From the experiences thread and my own experiences in US, Europe, Africa and Asia I'm 100% at the upper end of hotels. True from time to time an Ibis or Mercure will not proactively notice my status, but that is quickly corrected at check in.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by stimpy
At the lower end properties the upgrades are less likely because they simply don't have many or any suites. But at the Novotel level I generally get an Executive room.
I have been upgraded once at an Ibis style. From a single bed room to a double bed room.
Still, the size of the room was smaller than the size of the average Fairmont room's bathroom
Old Dec 14, 2015, 12:16 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
If I lost my appetite when I read in the Times that IHG was buying Fairmont, I was positively sickened when I heard that the buyer was Accor.
I have had some lovely stays at Accor hotels in Asia; my experience in Europe (at Sofitels and MGalleries, plus one lone Mercure), however, has been considerably more spotty (both in terms of elite recognition and the general property itself). But my primary objection lies with Club Accor, which I do not find a very good program, though certainly improved from its former self, and its customer service. If IHG's is unresponsive, Accor's is not only unresponsive but then unhelpful and downright rude when one finally extracts a response from them. An utter contrast to the lovely FPC folks.
I'm currently trying to determine a strategy for my Fairmont Rewards points. I doubt that anything will change until after the deal closes, and would hope the present scheme stays in place through 2016, but who knows?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 5:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by rfrost
If I lost my appetite when I read in the Times that IHG was buying Fairmont, I was positively sickened when I heard that the buyer was Accor.
I have had some lovely stays at Accor hotels in Asia; my experience in Europe (at Sofitels and MGalleries, plus one lone Mercure), however, has been considerably more spotty (both in terms of elite recognition and the general property itself). But my primary objection lies with Club Accor, which I do not find a very good program, though certainly improved from its former self, and its customer service. If IHG's is unresponsive, Accor's is not only unresponsive but then unhelpful and downright rude when one finally extracts a response from them. An utter contrast to the lovely FPC folks.
I'm currently trying to determine a strategy for my Fairmont Rewards points. I doubt that anything will change until after the deal closes, and would hope the present scheme stays in place through 2016, but who knows?
+1

But this must mean we are just not worldy enough with our Accor stay experiences per a fellow FTer.

My Accor stays have ranged from Sofitel thru the Ms and to the newish Ibis Skoje, Macedonia (for the record, the stay was great for an Ibis but....they stay took 3 emails and 4 weeks to post). So my experienced with Accor is running at less than 50% when it comes to a smooth Plat experience and you posted above their customer service is awful, unless you have the escalated email address when it ranges from uninformed to indifferent. Accor Club is in no way, shape, or form close to the superior FPC service.

For the record, my FPC stays have been Shanghai, Monte Carlo, Kyiv, Cairo, Cancun, Acapulco (2), Banff, Lake Louise, Pacific Rim, Hotel Vancouver, Waterfront, Palliser, Winnipeg, Royal York, Queen Elizabeth, Chateau Frontenac...but what do I know about FPC and what my experience as Plat has been.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

qatar and alwaleed will own larger percentage than colony
and qatar may soon have larger percentage than colony
(and colony was a shareholder in fairmont)

comparisons should be to sofitel legend and sofitel

alwaleed still owns four seasons, and he is behind major changes there

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 14, 2015 at 6:07 pm
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:13 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Having lived in France for several years, I could not imagine more different company cultures than Accor and Fairmont, even in the same industry.

In France, the staff always know more than the customer. With Fairmont, the customer is not just a customer but a guest and treated royally at times.

I'm wishing, but not hopeful, Accor will look at Fairmont and leave a hands off approach. FPC is unique IMO among other loyalty plans in the focus on a personal experience.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
+1

But this must mean we are just not worldy enough with our Accor stay experiences per a fellow FTer.

My Accor stays have ranged from Sofitel thru the Ms and to the newish Ibis Skoje, Macedonia (for the record, the stay was great for an Ibis but....they stay took 3 emails and 4 weeks to post). So my experienced with Accor is running at less than 50% when it comes to a smooth Plat experience and you posted above their customer service is awful, unless you have the escalated email address when it ranges from uninformed to indifferent. Accor Club is in no way, shape, or form close to the superior FPC service.
It's clear you should avoid Accor and stay elsewhere. Leave it to those of us who have no problems with stays posting and receiving benefits, although for Skopje delays are true with every hotel. I stayed at the HI there and it took a few weeks to post, however I was patient and didn't harass customer service about it. I just last week stayed at a US Sofitel and the stay posted the next day. Great platinum benefits with an upgrade to a very nice suite.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by ptownca
Having lived in France for several years, I could not imagine more different company cultures than Accor and Fairmont, even in the same industry.

In France, the staff always know more than the customer. With Fairmont, the customer is not just a customer but a guest and treated royally at times.

I'm wishing, but not hopeful, Accor will look at Fairmont and leave a hands off approach. FPC is unique IMO among other loyalty plans in the focus on a personal experience.
+1
Old Dec 18, 2015, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ptownca

Product - even if things are improving - can be poor at Accor. But service is generally excellent at their properties (and not only at high end hotels).
Old Feb 12, 2016, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Surprised there's been no further speculation or news on this in nearly two months. Current FPC members should begin to received 2016 year benefits in their accounts, so maybe we'll get some notifications from the FPC in the next couple weeks.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Receiving certificates already? none here.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Receiving certificates already? none here.
"should begin to receive"..."next couple of weeks'...
Old Feb 13, 2016, 11:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by nmenaker
Surprised there's been no further speculation or news on this in nearly two months.
I'm surprised about the lack of speculation, but not about the lack of news. I don't expect any actual news for at least another several months to a year. Mergers and buy-outs are complicated transactions with lots of legal restrictions on announcements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.