Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

[Targeted] Fairmont $100 Dining/Spa Credit for Test Driving a BMW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted] Fairmont $100 Dining/Spa Credit for Test Driving a BMW

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2015, 8:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
That's contrary to my understanding.

Afaik the regular $25 dining / Willow Stream Spa credits (which Premier and Platinum members receive each year) are worth $25CAD in Canada and $25USD outside Canada.
Really? Every single time I have actually held a manager accountable to this, they renege and tell me it's $25USD...

Only the Fairmont at YVR (the airport) does this consistently right every time and mention it's $25USD when I press them...

Email sent. Will reply when I hear back!
Old Oct 30, 2015, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Really? Every single time I have actually held a manager accountable to this, they renege and tell me it's $25USD...

Only the Fairmont at YVR (the airport) does this consistently right every time and mention it's $25USD when I press them...

Email sent. Will reply when I hear back!
I just re-read the T&C and you seem to be correct:

"The Certificate entitles the Holder to $25 USD credit towards lunch, dinner or a Willow Stream Spa treatment."

I could've sworn it used to be $25CAD at Cdn properties and I seem to recall a discussion along these lines here a while ago. Maybe the T&C changed at some point which would explain the agents' confusion.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 8:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I just re-read the T&C and you seem to be correct:

"The Certificate entitles the Holder to $25 USD credit towards lunch, dinner or a Willow Stream Spa treatment."

I could've sworn it used to be $25CAD at Cdn properties and I seem to recall a discussion along these lines here a while ago. Maybe the T&C changed at some point which would explain the agents' confusion.
Perhaps. I have been FPC Plat for perhaps...6? maybe 5 years, it has been like this since I've been Plat.

However, most properties ignore it. One has to press hard in order to get $25 USD.

My gut would say a brand like Fairmont which is global, has to stick to a universal currency. So my guess is (and I could very well be wrong) that it's been like this forever
Old Nov 1, 2015, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Perhaps. I have been FPC Plat for perhaps...6? maybe 5 years, it has been like this since I've been Plat.

However, most properties ignore it. One has to press hard in order to get $25 USD.

My gut would say a brand like Fairmont which is global, has to stick to a universal currency. So my guess is (and I could very well be wrong) that it's been like this forever
Used my BMW sponsored Willow Stream cert at Fairmont Montebello last month - hadn't realised it was USD until the front desk converted it to CAD when redeeming it.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

good reminder on the USD, $100 USD is like $130 CAD, much much more

Gonna use mine next week hopefully
expiry is 12/31/2015
Old Nov 2, 2015, 4:59 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by jerryhung
good reminder on the USD, $100 USD is like $130 CAD, much much more

Gonna use mine next week hopefully
expiry is 12/31/2015
Well, not really. Unlike Fairmont gift cards, The hotel will convert FPC certs from USD using the posted rates at the front desk, which are not normally a very favourable rate. It's still better than a CAD cert, but I doubt you'd get anything close to 1.30.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Well, not really. Unlike Fairmont gift cards, The hotel will convert FPC certs from USD using the posted rates at the front desk, which are not normally a very favourable rate. It's still better than a CAD cert, but I doubt you'd get anything close to 1.30.
Good to know, thanks
Still better than $100 CAD and it's free, can't complain
Old Nov 2, 2015, 9:05 am
Suspended

Confirmed from Fairmont for the $25 food/spa coupons.

They are in fact in USD denomination. If you're getting shafted by a property insisting they are in CDN, tell them they are wrong.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Surprise this morning!!!

Of course, SELECT member, unique register link
Gonna email/call my local BMW to arrange soon...

Test-driving a BMW just got even more rewarding! Select Fairmont President’s Club members are invited to experience the exceptional performance, innovation and dynamic design of any new BMW model. Simply register for your test-drive by September 15, 2016, and complete it by October 31, 2016. Upon completion, we’ll reward you with a $100 USD Fairmont Dining or Willow Stream Spa e-certificate to use on your next stay with us!

Last edited by jerryhung; Aug 18, 2016 at 8:40 am
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Here is the link for anyone:

https://fairmontdrive.bmw.ca/
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Here is the link for anyone:

https://fairmontdrive.bmw.ca/
Indeed
but wonder if only those targeted FPC member # will get the $100 USD

At least last time, I had to email FPC with my email to get the $100 manually added

2:37pm - got reply from BMW Grand River already, nice

Last edited by jerryhung; Aug 18, 2016 at 12:37 pm
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
Just got the email this morning and signed up. Hopefully this time, Calgary BMW will actually contact me. Last time this promo came up, I signed up and was never contacted which isn't overly surprising given the customer service I have experienced with my last three vehicles from there.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:18 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Thanks for this. As luck would have it, we were planning to test a BMW today! I signed up and will call them if they don't call me. We are planning on buying one (not necessarily the BMW but it is in the top 3) this week. Perfect timing.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Hmmm, very tempting! However my wife will think I'm nuts since I already own a BMW as my daily drive, and my salesman will think I want a second BMW for my wife!!!
Old Aug 18, 2016, 2:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by habshabs444
Just got the email this morning and signed up. Hopefully this time, Calgary BMW will actually contact me. Last time this promo came up, I signed up and was never contacted which isn't overly surprising given the customer service I have experienced with my last three vehicles from there.
Wow - I stand corrected. I got a call and email from Calgary BMW within 2 hours of signing up for the promo! I guess that is a sign of the times of the economic downturn that the city is facing relative to years past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.