Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Act Quick - 20% bonus on Gift Card purchases today until 4pm ET only

Old Jul 16, 2014, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite

Facebook promo - for each $250 electronic gift card purchased, get a bonus $50 card. The most you can buy in any one transaction is $2000 worth. I just did multiple transactions and got US $3000 in cards and $500 Canadian and have already been emailed my 14 bonus $50 cards.
The website page where you purchase the cards doesn't mention the bonus, so I called Fairmont first and they confirmed I'd receive them. They also confirmed that there were no limits as to the number of cards you can purchase and get the bonus.

This ends at 4pm ET today, July 16th.

https://www.facebook.com/fairmonthotels
Old Jul 16, 2014, 1:06 pm

Will this count as 5x bonus for those with the Fairmont CC?
Old Jul 16, 2014, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Dammit. Missed the promo by half an hour.

I hope some of you folks were able to take advantage of the promo.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Dammit. Missed the promo by half an hour.

I hope some of you folks were able to take advantage of the promo.
I went back and bought another $1000 worth. Surprising that the only place they promoted this was Facebook. I'm not even on FB, but someone emailed me about it.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ac/elite
I went back and bought another $1000 worth. Surprising that the only place they promoted this was Facebook. I'm not even on FB, but someone emailed me about it.
Probably some conspiracy to make people join Facebook and forget about the real world.

At least they gave some advance notice the last time they ran a similar promo. IIRC it was a Black Friday sale a few years ago offering a 25% discount when purchasing $200 GCs, max. 1 per transaction, no limit.

Maybe it's time Fairmont offered a Flyertalk-only promo instead of a FB-only promo.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 9:35 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Damn. I missed it too. Very annoying. I'm not exactly in the habit of being on Facebook in the middle of the workday, so I had no way to see that in time.

Funny, Fairmont does something nice, and because I missed it, I somehow feel cheated. Probably not rational thinking on my part, but what can you.

Anyway, I have to be in Montreal next week. I just cancelled my 5-night reservation at the Fairmont and rebooked it at the Westin. Again, not rational, since I'm paying more at the Westin, but then sometimes I let emotions guide me! Already re-qualified for next year, so no real need for any extra nights for my FPC profile anyway. Might as well earn some Starwood points instead.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.