Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

free breakfast for two when paying with a HSBC credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2014, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum

Just found the following offer on the FPC website:

Enjoy free wifi and breakfast with HSBC home&Away Annual Privileges

Fairmont President's Club members enjoy complimentary wifi and complimentary breakfast for two during stay by simply paying with any HSBC card.

HSBC Premier card members enjoy additional 10% off Best Available Rate. Offer available from now till December 30, 2014.

Based on the wording it would appear the breakfast benefit applies on any stay regardless of the rate booked. Very interesting, may actually be worth it get a HSBC CC.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:11 am

To get the Premier card it looks like you need a Premier account, which includes $100,000 on deposit. So... not for me.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 7:34 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Just found the following offer on the FPC website:

Enjoy free wifi and breakfast with HSBC home&Away Annual Privileges

Fairmont President's Club members enjoy complimentary wifi and complimentary breakfast for two during stay by simply paying with any HSBC card.

HSBC Premier card members enjoy additional 10% off Best Available Rate. Offer available from now till December 30, 2014.

Based on the wording it would appear the breakfast benefit applies on any stay regardless of the rate booked. Very interesting, may actually be worth it get a HSBC CC.
How does one access this rate? Presumably applies to a Premier card issued in any country?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The offer is listed under "partner offers" when logging into your FPC account.

There´s no link and based on the wording of the promo I´d say that the offer is available to any HSBC credit card holder and is valid for any rate ("simply pay with any HSBC credit card").
Old Jan 29, 2014, 8:57 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
The offer is listed under "partner offers" when logging into your FPC account.

There´s no link and based on the wording of the promo I´d say that the offer is available to any HSBC credit card holder and is valid for any rate ("simply pay with any HSBC credit card").
Ok thanks. Sounds good, I have the HSBC Premier credit card & Fairmont Platinum. A good combo
Old Jan 30, 2014, 7:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
Ok thanks. Sounds good, I have the HSBC Premier credit card & Fairmont Platinum. A good combo
I'm an HSBC Premier member, and used to have the HSBC Premier MasterCard. So I'll have to look into getting the credit card for the benefit.

Will it matter which credit card I end up paying the stay with? Generally, I like to use Amex Business Plat or Aeroplat.

Sounds like a decent deal.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I'm an HSBC Premier member, and used to have the HSBC Premier MasterCard. So I'll have to look into getting the credit card for the benefit.

Will it matter which credit card I end up paying the stay with? Generally, I like to use Amex Business Plat or Aeroplat.
I´d think so, as the promo says "simply pay..."
Old Jan 30, 2014, 10:16 pm
NoY

Once the benefits have been consumed & its time for check out, I wonder if the front desk will enforce/remember about the HSBC requirement. Try it with your preferred card & then fall-back on the HSBC card? I am happy to comply & pay with the HSBC Premier Master Card card myself.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 7:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I´d think so, as the promo says "simply pay..."
Originally Posted by NoY
Once the benefits have been consumed & its time for check out, I wonder if the front desk will enforce/remember about the HSBC requirement. Try it with your preferred card & then fall-back on the HSBC card? I am happy to comply & pay with the HSBC Premier Master Card card myself.
It would make sense that the front desk adjusts for the breakfast. I don't think its' HSBC making an adjustment for credit on the statement, similar to the Amex $100 statement credit promo.

The Amex $100 statement credit promo was the first time I've ever received a credit on my cc statement personally. I'm sure in the past, several promos operated, without my participation.

So could be possible to pay with Amex and take advantage of the cc. Have Distinction Diamond to further leverage the front desk for the free breakfast.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 9:29 pm
Suspended

Benefits and Fast Track for HSBC Premier Members at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts

There has been some discussion about the HSBC program. So here is HSBC Premier Fast Track Program and Benefits at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts.

http://www.fairmont.com/promotions/hsbcglobalpromotion/

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts welcomes HSBC Premier MasterCard members to our exclusive guest recognition program, Fairmont President's Club.

The Fairmont President's Club, offers special benefits and privileges designed to reflect your individual travel preferences and offer an enhanced level of service.

Membership in our hotel loyalty program is complimentary and your Fairmont President's Club experience begins the moment you arrive at any of our hotels and resorts, with express check-in at our private reception desk and continues during your stay with complimentary high-speed Internet access, free local calls, complimentary health club access, complimentary use of TaylorMade golf clubs, use of Fairmont Fit and so much more.

Join now and qualify automatically for the Fairmont President's Club Premier status after 3 independent stays or 6 consecutive nights, with a 3 night's stay or 6 consecutive room nights, in a calendar year.

New members may join Fairmont President’s Club by:
•Enrolling at www.fairmont.com/fpc/enroll
•Adding Enrollment Code: HSBC3

Existing Members may add this offer to their profile by:
•Updating their profile at www.fairmont.com/fpc/signin
•Adding Promotion Code: HSBCIN3

Benefits and Rewards of being a Premier member:
•Exclusive concierge reservation service
•Complimentary room upgrade
•Complimentary suite upgrade
•$50 USD Fairmont dining or Willow Stream spa certificate
•Bonus airline miles per qualifying stay with select airlines

And more…

In addition to the above accelerated access, HSBC Premier MasterCard members receive the following offer benefits on their stay:
•Upgrade to the next higher room category, subject to availability
•Complimentary daily breakfast

Click on the property link below to receive the above benefits.
Primarily rates for HSBC Premier Master Card holders (no annual fee) are 10% below bar.

Recent discussion about how to qualify for HSBC Premier includes moving $100K worth of assets to HSBC. From my experience, good credit, minimum personal income of $60K, and household income of $100K may be a requirement. Lets continue to dialogue. Cheers.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 8:48 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Kimpton Inner Circle Elite
This seems to have disappeared off the Fairmont FPC site - has anyone else seen it as available still?

I have an HSBC Premier Mastercard but usually book using my plat Amex as the benefits seem to be better. When I speak to Fairmont they do not know that HSBC Premier Cardholders get any benefits at all which seems strange...

Anyone else have any experience with this?
Old Mar 15, 2014, 10:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Vancouver_2012
This seems to have disappeared off the Fairmont FPC site - has anyone else seen it as available still?

I have an HSBC Premier Mastercard but usually book using my plat Amex as the benefits seem to be better. When I speak to Fairmont they do not know that HSBC Premier Cardholders get any benefits at all which seems strange...

Anyone else have any experience with this?
Mention or enter online code PHSC
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:50 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Kimpton Inner Circle Elite

Tried this code online and can't find any availability... Do you think that for an upcoming stay booked at a AAA rate if paid for with and HSBC MasterCard I would get the free breakfast add in?
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Vancouver_2012
Tried this code online and can't find any availability... Do you think that for an upcoming stay booked at a AAA rate if paid for with and HSBC MasterCard I would get the free breakfast add in?
Contrary to earlier beliefs, talking with a Guest Manager who booked me in on the rate, the code needs to be booked and the card shown at check-in to receive the inclusions.

Perhaps at hotel or central reservations they will see availability. Definitely give them a call.

You can book the rate, then apply for the card prior to check-in. I booked the rate, and now just received my HSBC Premier MasterCard yesterday. Will definitely be carrying the card with me.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Anybody knows if we booked the Fairmont with the HSBC rate but use a complimentary night cert to settle the bill, would we get free breakfast?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.