Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Targeted AMEX Canada - Spend $500 at Fairmont by 12/31, get $100 AMEX Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted AMEX Canada - Spend $500 at Fairmont by 12/31, get $100 AMEX Credit

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Based on the terms, only North American Properties were participating.
http://www.fairmont.com/promotions/findyourfairmont/

Mexico, Canada, USA, Bermuda, Barbados
In the link you sent, the Asia and Europe hotels are on the right hand side and Singapore is included.

Thanks

Dr. PITUK
Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by painintheuk
In the link you sent, the Asia and Europe hotels are on the right hand side and Singapore is included.

Thanks

Dr. PITUK
Perhaps the hotel changed the name of charged to avoid the $100 statement credit payout. I would address this with Fairmont and/or Amex until you get your statement credit posted.

I would phone the hotel front desk, and naturally the accounting department would follow.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 7:13 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Thanks

Dr. PITUK
I made a mistake. Sorry. Call AMEX.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
I made a mistake. Sorry. Call AMEX.
No worries. I'll call them tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks

Dr. PITUK
Old Dec 27, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, UA Silver
I have had one stay at fairmont lake Louise and thinking of getting a gift card at fairmont royal york (both particpating properties) to cross the $500 threshold. Does this promo have to be $500 spend at one property only or can it can be total spend across multiple properties indicated above?
Old Dec 27, 2013, 3:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Sweetvibes
I have had one stay at fairmont lake Louise and thinking of getting a gift card at fairmont royal york (both particpating properties) to cross the $500 threshold. Does this promo have to be $500 spend at one property only or can it can be total spend across multiple properties indicated above?
I would shoot for $500 spend one shot this late in the game. Just to make sure. Counting on Amex to tabulate cross properties is rolling the dice.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 6:16 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I would shoot for $500 spend one shot this late in the game. Just to make sure. Counting on Amex to tabulate cross properties is rolling the dice.
Thanks. Unfortunately it won't make sense to aim for the $500 spend now. I guess I will have to let this one go. Nonetheless a fan of Amex's constant promotions
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:40 pm

walked up to the front desk of a Fairmont on Dec 23, purchased a gift card for $600, Dec 26 received email confirmation of $100 credit. online statement shows charge Dec 24 $600 and credit of $100 on Dec 26. Good Stuff!
Old Dec 28, 2013, 4:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sweetvibes
Thanks. Unfortunately it won't make sense to aim for the $500 spend now. I guess I will have to let this one go. Nonetheless a fan of Amex's constant promotions
Just try and charge the difference by purchasing a gift card. No risk in doing so.

I'm thinking of calling up my local hotel and purchasing a gift card, and picking it up for after the holidays.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: *G
Has anyone had success in receiving this credit when a stay at one property exceeds $500 but in two parts - prepaid accommodation and onsite spend. I see nothing in the terms that say it has to be one charge, and prepaid charges are specifically allowed. The terms also say to allow up to 8 weeks for the credit to be applied. I have tried talking to Amex, but I am told to wait that 8 weeks although at the same time, I have yet to talk to an agent who really knows anything about the promo. (And in case anyone asks, the card was registered).

Of course I should have read this thread earlier - the gift card route would have worked.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Originally Posted by fin 645
Has anyone had success in receiving this credit when a stay at one property exceeds $500 but in two parts - prepaid accommodation and onsite spend. I see nothing in the terms that say it has to be one charge, and prepaid charges are specifically allowed. The terms also say to allow up to 8 weeks for the credit to be applied. I have tried talking to Amex, but I am told to wait that 8 weeks although at the same time, I have yet to talk to an agent who really knows anything about the promo. (And in case anyone asks, the card was registered).

Of course I should have read this thread earlier - the gift card route would have worked.
Same here: My $500+ spent on a registered Amex Plat consists of a prepayment + the balance at check out. Amex agents know nothing about this and I was told to wait 6-8 weeks as well.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 11:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Vaclav
Same here: My $500+ spent on a registered Amex Plat consists of a prepayment + the balance at check out. Amex agents know nothing about this and I was told to wait 6-8 weeks as well.
I received 2 $100 credits and both were posted on the next statement printed. Both credit cards were bonused off of the same stay. I paid with two registered Amex credit cards.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
I have the same problem. I had a 300$ stay, bought a gift card of 200$ to reach the 500$ but the agent made 2 charges on my CC... However I have a receipt with my room number with more than 500$ on it.
Of course no 100$ credit posted. I called Amex, they said I have to wait 6 weeks after the end of the promo to call back if nothing posted... I answered, I know people who got the credit 2 days after the charge... They answered there is nothing they can do before the end of the 6 weeks but the agent confirmed the charges are eligible and I would have the credit and add a note in the file about that.
So the credit will post eventually, still sucks to wait because a check-in agent was not able to do a single room charge...
Old Jan 4, 2014, 8:48 pm

No worries. I'll call them tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks

Dr. PITUK
It has been 2 weeks since I called. I was told that I would hear back in a few days and while I realize it was the holidays I don't hold out much hope any more. I think that I may be out of luck just because Fairmont Singapore is managed by Raffles. It seems a ridiculous loophole given that Singapore was on the list of hotels in the promotion.

I'll try again next week. My time is getting worth more than the $100 though .

Dr. PITUK
Old Jan 7, 2014, 4:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
got the email:

Your Fairmont vacation is complete – and now your American Express statement credit awaits. Your card will feel a whole lot lighter.

Your $100 (CAD) statement credit from American Express will be applied to a future statement. The statement credit will appear on the Basic Cardmember’s American Express account for the qualifying purchase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.