Wiki Posts
Search

Lifetime Status

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2013, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Lifetime Status

Can someone educate me please - how do you qualify for life time status? Is it for staying a number of times- qualifying as a status member a certain number of years? Or is it something that can be purchased? I tried to find a thread on this but did not see one.
Thanks
Old Mar 3, 2013, 8:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
It was accidentally sold a couple years ago.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 8:40 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
I saw that on FT a couple of years ago in a morning.

It was for a presidential suite at the Fairmont SFO. Whoever bought it would get a lifetime Platinum membership from Fairmont. It sounded too good to be true. But Fairmont honored it eventually.

I had already booked two nights at the MO SFO and being comp'ed Fairmont Platinum with Amex Centurion, I passed on the offer.

In retrospect, I should have gone for it. Don't know for how long Amex Centurion is going to comp me Fairmont Platinum. I could have signed up with a different address and get two Fairmont Platinum memberships.

After I figured all these out, in the afternoon on the same day, the offer was gone.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:02 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

I'm sure you can read the original thread here and over at MP.

In 2011 LivingSocial and the San Francisco property offered a sale, the essence was buy a 1 suite night on LivingSocial and "get a lifetime of platinum benefits"

After about 24 of high level corporate meetings hrs they decided to honour the offer.

The price was $1500 or $15000 depending on what package you selected.
I think 112 people were able to purchase the deal, probably less actually use it/take advantage of the benefits of Platinum.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:39 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, Amex Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat
It was a once a lifetime deal. imagine you had bought 365 days for just a little less than $600K and you get to stay in a suite at a fairmont 365 days a year with $100 dining credit every day plus all the free gifts, welcome amenities and other certs. why buy a house or rent an apt?
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:48 am

If that is the case, it would be more worth your time to buy a Fairmont Fractional for $200k and you would be a Lifetime Circle member (a level higher than platinum)
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by mux41
It was a once a lifetime deal. imagine you had bought 365 days for just a little less than $600K and you get to stay in a suite at a fairmont 365 days a year with $100 dining credit every day plus all the free gifts, welcome amenities and other certs. why buy a house or rent an apt?
until the Fairmont Group goes belly up.

But I guess it's not allowed to have more than one membership per person. So you'd need 365 identities/365 email/365 different addresses.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:03 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Amex Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
If that is the case, it would be more worth your time to buy a Fairmont Fractional for $200k and you would be a Lifetime Circle member (a level higher than platinum)
Fairmont Fractional for $200k gets you no on going costs and stays 365 days a year for free with free $100 dining certs daily?
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by mux41
Fairmont Fractional for $200k gets you no on going costs and stays 365 days a year for free with free $100 dining certs daily?
No, so I see what you are saying
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by jarusoba
until the Fairmont Group goes belly up.

But I guess it's not allowed to have more than one membership per person. So you'd need 365 identities/365 email/365 different addresses.
I know. So I said "Imagine"! It is just a way to tell people how good a deal it was.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:35 pm

Congratulations for those who took the offer. I missed it.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairm...um-2000-a.html
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:42 pm

http://www.livingsocial.com/escapes/...ow_missed=true

"Your stay—whether in The Penthouse or Presidential Suite—includes an automatic upgrade to The Fairmont President's Club Platinum Level membership, so you can enjoy presidential perks like room or suite upgrades and food-and-beverage certificates at The Fairmont for a lifetime."
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Perhaps Fairmont could take a page out of Hyatt, Mariott and Hilton by providing platinum lifetime status qualification.

Both my wife and I will be Platinum members 10 years this October, so it would be nice if Fairmont would design such a qualification for its most loyal members for a lifetime of business. It would be a nice gesture, just saying.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Hyatt lifetime diamond is based upon membership years AND total base points earned, which need to be 1,000,000. Those are base points, and exclude status bonuses, any bonus points, or any other point you may get not based upon the cost of your room.

I have nearly 1,000,000 lifetime earned points, but I"m not even close to that in base points. Not many people earn that lifetime status.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 8:19 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Maybe Fairmont will offer lifetime status with their next devaluation
Like : "We take that but we give you this..."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.