Fairmont extending certificate dates

Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by Brendan
I just successfully transferred a $25 food/ spa certificate & a Suite Upgrade certificate by phoning Moncton, even though I was only Premier !
nice DP. can you give us more detail? was anyone plat? both legacy FPC accounts? did the agent say they were doing you a favor? meaning, exception vs "policy"?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by rny321
I used $100 worth of dining certificates from two different member accounts at a Fairmont hotel bar without a corresponding stay last month.
I've got a couple of $25 certs that expire at the end of Feb. I'd like to use them in San Fran later this month - I won't be staying at a Fairmont. How did you use them? Talk to the front desk first?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
I've got a couple of $25 certs that expire at the end of Feb. I'd like to use them in San Fran later this month - I won't be staying at a Fairmont. How did you use them? Talk to the front desk first?
Yes. I stopped by the front desk and gave them my wife's and my account information before heading to the bar. On the way out, I stopped by the front desk to make sure that there wasn't a problem. It may take some creativity, like setting up a room reservation, to utilize the certificates, so it makes sense to give the front desk some time to decide how to handle it.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
I suggest bringing a printout of your member profile showing your membership number and your certs, and then hand it over to your server. They will either know how to redeem the certs or they can contact the front desk. It's always a good idea to give them some time to deal with the certs (e.g. mention it while ordering your first round of drinks).
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

add me to the list of vanishing certs accounts... the link was there a week or two ago for sure but now gone
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Gundam, both accounts were Legacy Fairmont. I was Premier, receiver was Plat. No mention of favo(u)r, exception, or policy, but the first attempt failed, so the rep had to do it another way.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by rny321
It may take some creativity, like setting up a room reservation, to utilize the certificates
I've used the certs a few times at Fairmonts without staying. No need to fake a stay. I have drawn from 3 different accounts to cover a meal (2 were present). Always just give the account #s to the waiter and they figure it out. I do call first to make sure they accept.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by italdesign
I've used the certs a few times at Fairmonts without staying. No need to fake a stay. I have drawn from 3 different accounts to cover a meal (2 were present). Always just give the account #s to the waiter and they figure it out. I do call first to make sure they accept.
Although I could have skipped the front desk, it was a Saturday evening and the bar and attached restaurant were packed. I was very clear that I wanted to use the certificates at the bar, but the front desk said they created a room reservation instead of simply applying the certificates to the bill. Although in the past certificates could be used without a corresponding stay, I wasn't sure if the policy had been changed by Accor. Since these were the last of my food and beverage certificates, I wasn't concerned with how the hotel chose to handle them.

Last edited by rny321; Jan 16, 2019 at 8:23 pm
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
It is definitely harder to find out what certs you have left at this point, but I have had no trouble redeeming them.

I’m going out in style with two nights (one comp) and a suite upgrade in Seattle and then three nights and a suite uograde at Waterfront Vancouver. Plus a three course meal with the dining certs.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 7:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
I have a bunch of FPC $25 dining certs left from my instant Premier status accounts awarded through Scotia Platinum AMEX. Will redeem them for brunches in the coming weeks
Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
While I'll be leaving a couple of suite upgrades unused, I will blow the rest of my certs at the spa and two very good restaurants at the Scottsdale Princess.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:34 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Using my last suite upgrade at the Fairmont DC, booked during 40% off sale using bonus gift card from annual sale

Got offer to upgrade to Fairmont Gold suite for $75/night which I took since I have never experienced the Fairmont Gold floors. Figure the food and beverages pay for themselves for the both of us at the very least!

All in all, looking forward to our 'last' stay as FPC Platinum members at a hotel we have never been at before.
margarita girl likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.