Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont extending certificate dates

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2014, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA PLAT FPC PLAT
Spoke to someone today, funny that they mentioned how they also check Flyertalk and its mostly rumor and not fact. However, agent was very nice and knowledgeable. Overall I am very happy with FPC lifetime plat
Old Feb 27, 2014, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
l´ll post what I´ve probably posted before: Extending certs isn´t a standard policy. Yes, it does happen under certain circumstances, but it´s not something one should expect.

IME you´d have the best chances of having your certificates extended if:

1) you stay at Fairmont properties somewhat regularly / spend a good chunk of money and/or
2) you had the certificates for less than 1 year and/or
3) you have an upcoming stay booked you want to use the cert for which isn´t too far in the future (i.e. March, possibly early-April) and
4) you´re not known to be an over-entitled PITA
Old Feb 27, 2014, 8:08 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Just to add a data point. I was a late 2013 plat got it in December. Had no problems getting my suite upgrade cert extended for a stay this weekend in Quebec City.

Been very happy with plat customer service so far.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by newbie elite
Just to add a data point. I was a late 2013 plat got it in December. Had no problems getting my suite upgrade cert extended for a stay this weekend in Quebec City.

Been very happy with plat customer service so far.
FPC Loyalty confirmed to me, those elite members whose certificates have been in possession for less than a year, they have authorization to extend. Because I had certificates in possession for a year, and new certificates in my account deposited yesterday, they would not be extending my certificates.

Glad they extended your certificates. I think its smart for FPC Loyalty to create business, especially at the start of a program year where stays can be a bit light.

I'm ranting about my certificates not being extended, not that I would use them, but just an indication whether my business is appreciated by Fairmont after 11 years. I had my certificates extended last year reading up thread, but in the end, I just let my certificates expire anyways. But as I've said, its a matter of indication of whether my business continues to be appreciated.

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Which certificates did you try to extend ?
At your place I would try a HUCA... Try the FPC number listed here https://www.fairmont.com/contact-us/
All roads lead to FPC Loyalty who has final say whether certificates are extended. I did use the regular reservation line in your link, as I didn't have my FPC Platinum card in the wallet during the day.

To FPC, it would be useful to have the Platinum concierge line clearly posted when a member logs into the member profile. It would beat phoning the first toll free number, and asking to be connected to the Platinum desk or FPC loyalty.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 11:14 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
FPC Loyalty confirmed to me, those elite members whose certificates have been in possession for less than a year, they have authorization to extend. Because I had certificates in possession for a year, and new certificates in my account deposited yesterday, they would not be extending my certificates.
My experience was completely different. Had 5 certificates extended to April 30/14 today. I've had the certificates for the entire year.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ac/elite
My experience was completely different. Had 5 certificates extended to April 30/14 today. I've had the certificates for the entire year.
Yes, I thought FPC Loyalty was not truthful about the entire year requirement. I assume though that since I no longer qualify traditionally, and both my wife and I qualify Plat5.. they did not extend the certificate use for my wife and I for this reason. Whether this is unique to us or a criteria system wide, I'm not sure.

This wasn't mentioned by the rep but in the back of my mind and the language used.. 'your new certificates have posted, just use those' would lead me to believe that this is the case.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Yes, I thought FPC Loyalty was not truthful about the entire year requirement. I assume though that since I no longer qualify traditionally, and both my wife and I qualify Plat5.. they did not extend the certificate use for my wife and I for this reason. Whether this is unique to us or a criteria system wide, I'm not sure.

This wasn't mentioned by the rep but in the back of my mind and the language used.. 'your new certificates have posted, just use those' would lead me to believe that this is the case.
No, I don't think it is because of the Plat5 as that's how I qualified too this year. Think you likely just hit the wrong agent. I'd call back and speak to someone else.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 2:08 pm
Suspended

No, I don't think it is because of the Plat5 as that's how I qualified too this year. Think you likely just hit the wrong agent. I'd call back and speak to someone else.
Thanks, I'll give them a try, quote FlyerTalk and how everyone is getting their certificates extended and see what they say.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Thanks, I'll give them a try, quote FlyerTalk and how everyone is getting their certificates extended and see what they say.
Certificate extension is granted. There is a reservation on the system prior to March 31st, therefore I was granted the extension.

Couple of days ago, there wasn't a reservation on the system within a two month period. So that was the difference as explained to me by FPC Loyalty.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
Ours were extended to April 30. There seems to be a lot of agent discretion.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum
I never called in but my expiring, unused certificates were extended a couple weeks anyway.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by havoc29
I never called in but my expiring, unused certificates were extended a couple weeks anyway.
Huh....I just noticed this extension too. The 2013 certificates have been extended to March 15, 2014.

Regardless, I doubt that I'll use them by then anyway...
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I gave all mine away last year, and I doubt I'll use very many of them this year either - so off they will go
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I gave all mine away last year, and I doubt I'll use very many of them this year either - so off they will go
Electronic certs this past year. Did you give away your certs in accordance to T&C (just parents, spouse, children iirc), or were you able to transfer to friends and acquaintances?

Did you transfer online, or ask FPC to transfer? These are just some questions unanswered lately that's come up.

Don't forget to select your Passions. Two to choose form this year.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Just checked my profile and my wife's profile, and all outstanding certificates were extended to March 15, 2014. I beleive everyone has two more weeks to burn certs!!!
Old Mar 3, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
I was just able to extend a suite upgrade cert albeit for just a week for an upcoming at the Banff Springs in 3 weeks time without any issues

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.