Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Old Oct 22, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE50K, Marriott Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by The Macker
I must disagree, I live in Canada and was able to secure a Chase Fairmont card as a Canadian. I called the customer service people and they said there is a lot of Canadians with the card. I was able to use my Canadian Social Security number and it worked fine.

I would suggest going to the website and get a phone number for the Chase Fairmont card and call them.

If you have problems, send me a private message and I will give you further information.

PS I am a RBC client as well.
Just sent you a PM......This gives me a glitter of hope if you were able to get it!
Old Oct 30, 2015, 8:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Reindeerflame
My wife and I met the spending requirement for each of our cards in late September. On October 17, we received letters signed by Chase/Fairmont advising that our free night certificates had been posted to our PC accounts; these letters were dated October 2. However, these certificates had not posted.

Sending an email to Fairmont yielded almost immediate results. Within hours of each submittal (we wrote separately) we had an email response and indeed free night certificates had now posted.

After a phone call to Fairmont, I was able to convert a regular reservation to one that uses the certificates at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge.
What email address did you send the email to? I am having very similar issue with Fairmont -- got a letter saying I have earned two free nights but don't see them in my profile after a week.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by jediwho
What email address did you send the email to? I am having very similar issue with Fairmont -- got a letter saying I have earned two free nights but don't see them in my profile after a week.
I sent two communications (2 different credit cards) to 2 different email addresses that were on the Presidents Club/Fairmont site. In both cases, the same person responded, and was very efficient. I even sent a followup email to ask that a previously-booked room (cash) be converted to an award stay (to avoid making a phone call) and that was taken care of as well, albeit with the comment that any further changes to the reservation should be done via the main reservations number. Unfortunately, I don't have current access to the information to identify the exact email addresses or responding person.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Reindeerflame
I sent two communications (2 different credit cards) to 2 different email addresses that were on the Presidents Club/Fairmont site. In both cases, the same person responded, and was very efficient. I even sent a followup email to ask that a previously-booked room (cash) be converted to an award stay (to avoid making a phone call) and that was taken care of as well, albeit with the comment that any further changes to the reservation should be done via the main reservations number. Unfortunately, I don't have current access to the information to identify the exact email addresses or responding person.
Thanks! I did email them from the "contact us" link and they were very good at getting back. I emailed them in Saturday and I had the credit on Monday.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:19 am

Read through the full post but not sure if I was able to derive a definitive answer.

My immediate family member (dad) has the Fairmont chase with unused free nights and certificates. I have an upcoming trip with family (dad not going) - is it possible to have him make the reservation under his name (and add me) and I still can use the upgrade cert? What about free nights and $25 certs? He is Premier not platinum.

Thanks.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by supergirl1
Read through the full post but not sure if I was able to derive a definitive answer.

My immediate family member (dad) has the Fairmont chase with unused free nights and certificates. I have an upcoming trip with family (dad not going) - is it possible to have him make the reservation under his name (and add me) and I still can use the upgrade cert? What about free nights and $25 certs? He is Premier not platinum.

Thanks.
As you'll probably know, only Plat members can apply their certs for immediate family.

Whether or not you can get away with your proposal is a different story. Group A will suggest to do whatever you want while B will point out it's unethical / violates the rules and group C will point out that the hotel would have the right to charge you the rack rate / not honor the certs.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If i qualify as premier on stays, there are still extra annual card renewal perks, right? Gold cert dining certs etc?
I need one more stay to get to premier on stays and if there is an incentive i can prob make it...
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by azepine00
If i qualify as premier on stays, there are still extra annual card renewal perks, right? Gold cert dining certs etc?
Yes, but no etc. Gold cert and dining certs are the only additional benefits.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
got this email. I didn't know fairmont card had airline fee credits

Enjoy the freedom to earn and maximize your Fairmont rewards at the millions of locations worldwide that Visa is accepted:
• Make travel plans, including flights and rental cars
• Dine out at your favorite restaurants
• Pay for everyday expenses, like gas and groceries
• Set up automatic payments for utilities and other monthly bills
Enjoy all this and more.
• Visa Signature Discount Air benefit
• Priority Pass Select airport lounge membership
• Global entry application fee statement credit
• Airline incidental fees statement credit

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...mont-card.html
Old Nov 18, 2015, 6:42 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
got this email. I didn't know fairmont card had airline fee credits

Enjoy the freedom to earn and maximize your Fairmont rewards at the millions of locations worldwide that Visa is accepted:
Enjoy all this and more.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...mont-card.html
New to me! I wonder what they are?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
New to me! I wonder what they are?
Airline fee credits?? Same here, no clue! If anyone finds out please post here.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 8:06 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I've requested info via secure message center on these 4 benefits that were listed in an email I just received:

This card just became pretty amazing with all 4 of those features!

Dear bmvaughn,
Whether you’re travelling afar and want to take advantage of our no foreign transaction fees, or planning a staycation at your favorite local hotel, there are plenty of great benefits to your Fairmont Visa Signatureฎ Card, including one-of-a-kind experiences, exclusive to you. And remember, you earn Fairmont Rewards for every purchase:*
• 5 per $1 spent on Fairmont stays
• 2 per $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, at car rental agencies, and on local transit and commuting
• 1 per $1 spent on all other purchases

Learn more
Enjoy all this and more.
ONE-OF-A-KIND EXPERIENCES
One more great reason to use your card! Coming soon, one-of-a-kind experiences just for you! Starting in December, we’ll be granting you access to our first experience of 2016 with many more to follow throughout the year! Stay tuned.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:32 pm
foo

Programs: MR, TY, UR
I received that same email yesterday and thought the same thing as well... Wow! This card just got amazing! Is this too good to be true?

I just spent way too much time on the phone with Chase (1 800 436 7913), Fairmont President's Club (1 888 920 0606) and the Visa Benefit administrators (1 866 672 9579). No one was aware of these new benefits.

My guess is that this was either sent in error or perhaps a new addition to the card program for 2016? If it is indeed a new addition, I can't imagine that the annual fee would stay at $95.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
doubt it

I highly doubt that these benefits are going to be offered on this card.

there aren't any other cards in the 95$ annual fee range that offer these (200$+) benefits.. how could they? There isn't enough margin on the margin to pay out essentially 200$ + whatever airline incidental fees statement credit there could be.

Maybe there is going to be a platinum version, that will cost 295 or 395$ a year?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:12 pm
foo

Programs: MR, TY, UR
To good to be true...

Received a courtesy call from Chase today regarding my inquiry about the card's new features... It was indeed an error and a new email will be going out to clarify the error. Someone goofed on their cut and paste.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.