Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2014, 9:42 pm

The link I used yesterday still seems active. It's from the one mile at a time blog. YMMV.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by suzsy
Keep checking your loyalty account as the digital certificates should show before you receive your certificates in the mail.
Thanks Suzsy! All the certs are in the account today (must have shown up within the past three days ... but interestingly it's showing that they posted on June 16; not possible -- they weren't there nor could the phone agent see them as of a week ago).

Anyhow, for those contemplating a stay using not-yet-posted Certs, if you're concerned about room/suite availability, you can reserve the appropriate accommodation for a cash price, and then when the Certs arrive, call and change it to Certs.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:42 am

I just got instant approval using the same link as lkar. This link only requires 1K spend and no fee the 1st year spend while the link on the sticky requires 3K spend. I thought to act quickly before the 1K spend offer disappears.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by walterj
I just got instant approval using the same link as lkar. This link only requires 1K spend and no fee the 1st year spend while the link on the sticky requires 3K spend. I thought to act quickly before the 1K spend offer disappears.
Where is the link? Can you post it? Thanks.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:41 pm

This is the link that I used for fairmont cc, better offer than on the sticky

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...-credit-cards/
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:24 pm

I called and confirmed after receiving the card and spending $1,000 that I had met the spend using that link, and Chase confirmed the $1,000 spending limit.

Not sure the difference between $1,000 and $3,000 makes much of a difference -- I think once you've put $1,000 on the card, it's kind of silly not to put another $11,000 on there. $12,000 gets you a free night plus $120 worth of travel in the form of chase fairmont points, or gets you half way to an ovation A cert.

A free night is worth upwards of $600, but even viewed more conservatively, putting 12k on this card each year seems close to a no brainer. Even valuing the free night only around $300, the added $120 in travel gets you $420 in value for the incremental 11k in spend, so nearly 4x (and more if you use the card for plane tickets or fairmont spend).

Don't get me wrong -- I'm happy to have the $1,000 spend, because it means I can be more leisurely, but having this card and not making the $12k spend seems a missed opportunity for all but the most dedicated miles manufacturers getting better than 4x on everyday spend.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by lkar
I called and confirmed after receiving the card and spending $1,000 that I had met the spend using that link, and Chase confirmed the $1,000 spending limit.

Not sure the difference between $1,000 and $3,000 makes much of a difference -- I think once you've put $1,000 on the card, it's kind of silly not to put another $11,000 on there. $12,000 gets you a free night plus $120 worth of travel in the form of chase fairmont points, or gets you half way to an ovation A cert.

A free night is worth upwards of $600, but even viewed more conservatively, putting 12k on this card each year seems close to a no brainer. Even valuing the free night only around $300, the added $120 in travel gets you $420 in value for the incremental 11k in spend, so nearly 4x (and more if you use the card for plane tickets or fairmont spend).

Don't get me wrong -- I'm happy to have the $1,000 spend, because it means I can be more leisurely, but having this card and not making the $12k spend seems a missed opportunity for all but the most dedicated miles manufacturers getting better than 4x on everyday spend.
If you can get 2% cash back putting that spend on another card (very possible), the cost to you of putting it on Fairmont is $220 in lost money. It could be worth it if you are really quite sure you will have the chance to use that free night, but there are not that many Fairmonts and it would be easy to have a year pass without having any opportunity to use it (at least for me). If you would also have to pay the annual fee to get this free night, that reduces the value even more -- I am not sure if that is the case or not. I think it just depends on your situation whether this is worthwhile.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Maykita
If you can get 2% cash back putting that spend on another card (very possible), the cost to you of putting it on Fairmont is $220 in lost money. It could be worth it if you are really quite sure you will have the chance to use that free night, but there are not that many Fairmonts and it would be easy to have a year pass without having any opportunity to use it (at least for me). If you would also have to pay the annual fee to get this free night, that reduces the value even more -- I am not sure if that is the case or not. I think it just depends on your situation whether this is worthwhile.
Remember, though, you get $110 back because the Fairmont card also gives you 1 point per dollar and each point can be redeemed for 1 cent of travel or all sorts of gift cards. So, judged against a 2 percent card it is really only a $110 difference. That said, of course I agree that if you have no potential use for a free Fairmont night in a year, or don't want to keep the card for Fairmont status, other cards may be better. But if that is the case, it's probably worth deciding whether the card even makes sense in the first place. I suppose for a quick hit 2 free nights and cancel, it makes sense.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:55 pm

how fast or is it possible at all for the Certificates to post if I meet spending limit and pay off the bill before closing day ?

probably asked already.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by Matovu
how fast or is it possible at all for the Certificates to post if I meet spending limit and pay off the bill before closing day ?

probably asked already.
they are usually processed the day or two after you meet min spend rather than the statement closing date. They arrive electronically now so you should check your account.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:44 pm

How long does it take for the FPC account to get upgraded?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:33 am

My very recent data points:

Application approved 7/19. Card received quickly and spend met immediately, posted on 7/24. Paid on 7/25. (Statement doesn't close for a few weeks.)

So far, status still showing as club member and no free night certs. Will update with further information when I have it.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by lkar
My very recent data points:

Application approved 7/19. Card received quickly and spend met immediately, posted on 7/24. Paid on 7/25. (Statement doesn't close for a few weeks.)

So far, status still showing as club member and no free night certs. Will update with further information when I have it.
Im in the same boat,
planning to use certificates by august 11
Old Aug 4, 2014, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by walterj
This is the link that I used for fairmont cc, better offer than on the sticky

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...-credit-cards/
Thanks for posting the link! Applied on 8/2, approved immediately. Confirmed on 8/4 that I will get the two certs after 1k spend. This is a big help for a low-spender like me.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
I know that if you spend 12K on this card you get an extra free night. Does this kickin for every 12K spent? For instance if I spend 36K will I get three extra nights?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.