Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by grandchampion
Apologies if I missed this earlier in the thread or elsewhere, but is this card still available and is the two free nights with $3,000 spend still active? I couldn't find an application online.

Thanks for the help.
Been dead for a couple months.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I was told that because I have this card, I'm ineligible for the Super Elite Platinum after 3 nights.

Just had a phone call where I was told I could stay at Premier and keep my Chase certs, or close the credit card and get upgraded to Platinum.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I am trying to determine if there is any value in renewing the card.
I already get Platinum status through stays, I pay for most of my stays with GCs from the GC bonus offers, and for $12,000 in spend I will get more back from it on my CSR card.

If I cancel the card, do I need to unload my collected points? Will they expire?
Old Mar 2, 2017, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by dmodemd
I am trying to determine if there is any value in renewing the card.
I already get Platinum status through stays, I pay for most of my stays with GCs from the GC bonus offers, and for $12,000 in spend I will get more back from it on my CSR card.

If I cancel the card, do I need to unload my collected points? Will they expire?
The main benefit of keeping the card would be the additional free night and the Gold upgrade cert.

If you paid for your (frequent) stays using the CC, the 5x points earning is quite valuable, but IIRC you don't earn the bonus for GC purchases, do you?
Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Dmodemd, YES you do need to unload your points before cancelling! The easiest way is to order gasoline GCs at 1 cent per point.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
The main benefit of keeping the card would be the additional free night and the Gold upgrade cert.

If you paid for your (frequent) stays using the CC, the 5x points earning is quite valuable, but IIRC you don't earn the bonus for GC purchases, do you?
From what I read, the annual benefits are the Gold floor upgrade and the dining credits ($100 for Platinum?). That would make it worth it if I stay Platinum, I forgot about that!
https://www.chase.com/online/Credit-Cards/fairmont.htm#

The free night is only for $12K spend it appears. I will have to double check if I made $12K but I don't think so as I used GCs, the 2nd batch on another card. I did try $5000 GC on it once but only 1x points.

The best way to dump points from what I see is Amazon GCs.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by dmodemd
That would make it worth it if I stay Platinum
You actually get the same credit card benefits if you only earn Premier.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/AA Platinum, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Brendan
I strongly suspect that the prohibition of using cert.s to get alcohol is because liquor laws in some states/ provinces/ countries forbid giving alcohol away free or even at a price discounted by coupon(s.) Hotels located elsewhere have no reason to care.
Applied for the card 1/13 and met min spend early Feb. Got a mailer dated 2/6 about meeting the requirement and 2 free night certificates have been deposited. Till this day I haven't seen the certs in my account.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhze
Applied for the card 1/13 and met min spend early Feb. Got a mailer dated 2/6 about meeting the requirement and 2 free night certificates have been deposited. Till this day I haven't seen the certs in my account.
I have been in the EXACT same situation. Today, my 2017 loyalty certificates updated and my 2 free nights are also now in my account.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/AA Platinum, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kyroadrunner
I have been in the EXACT same situation. Today, my 2017 loyalty certificates updated and my 2 free nights are also now in my account.
Just checked the loyalty certs are there, but 2 FN are still nowhere to be found
Time to msg Chase...
Old Mar 8, 2017, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
You actually get the same credit card benefits if you only earn Premier.
It seems like this is different?

Dining Credits (See item 9 on Terms and Conditions).
Existing Premier and Platinum members who maintain their stay status with Fairmont will receive additional dining credits of $50 and $100 respectively, beyond those already provided to Premier and Platinum members.

https://www.chase.com/online/Credit-Cards/fairmont.htm#
Old Mar 12, 2017, 5:31 pm

Does anyone know when the certs for existing Elite members renew (gold/dining)? Also, does the $12k spend for free night cert start on the anniversary date or Jan 1?
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by nock
Does anyone know when the certs for existing Elite members renew (gold/dining)?
Last year, it was 11 March, so they should be coming soon.

Originally Posted by nock
Also, does the $12k spend for free night cert start on the anniversary date or Jan 1?
About one month after your anniversary date. (Misread - I thought OP was asking when the night posts.)

Last edited by mahasamatman; Mar 13, 2017 at 7:01 pm
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: Amex, AA, BA, Delta, True Blue, Hyatt, Fairmont, Marriott, HH, IHG
I called Chase the other day with the same questions. The rep said the $12,000 spending starts on your anniversary date.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
RECAP:
JAN. 16 I applied for my Visa & was instantly approved. I guess Chase likes me .
JAN. 23? I received my card in the mail (ordinary USPS letter.)
FEB. 13? I got 5 cert.s into my account exp. 2/28/17.
MAR. 3 I got a postal letter dated 2/27 telling me that my 2 Free Nights "have been awarded."
MAR. 7 5 new cert.s exp. 2/28/18.
MAR. 14 I got the 2 free nights into my account exp. 3/14/18, quickly applied them to my August ressie in Banff .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.