Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2016, 9:46 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone else in Canada with this card find that it cancels the AMEX PLAT5 promotion? They are telling me I need to cancel it otherwise I won't get Platinum with 5 nights/stays which seems kinda silly.

Weird that their co-branded card has a worse fast-track offer than AMEX
Old Dec 21, 2016, 12:06 am

Just wondering can I book the Chase Card free nights online? or I have to call in? Thanks!
Old Dec 21, 2016, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by neuro0
Just wondering can I book the Chase Card free nights online? or I have to call in? Thanks!
You have to call FPC.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 9:15 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Unrelated to Fairmont, but my FM Chase Visa was stolen/cloned this week. The perpetrator had a good time at fast food joints throughout NYC. Hope they had a nice early Christmas.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 3:16 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond; SPG/Marriott - Gold
Just used my two free nights, suite upgrade, and two $25 certificates at the Fairmont Le Château Frontenac. We had a wonderful few days in Quebec City.

This is one of about seven hotel credit cards I have/had and represents the best redemption value by far.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 8:08 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Blind and Green
This is one of about seven hotel credit cards I have/had and represents the best redemption value by far.
And the reason you do not hear much about this card is because there is no affiliate link for it so bloggers can not get paid for it. Be careful out there!
Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by gpapadop
And the reason you do not hear much about this card is because there is no affiliate link for it so bloggers can not get paid for it. Be careful out there!
That is so very true. Now that the buzz has died down over the Chase Sapphire Reserve card, the bloggers are back to pushing cards they never would have mentioned previously.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 11:41 am

Apologies if this has been asked before, I tried searching but came up empty.

Is there a way to search a property to specifically look for "base" room availability? I have two Chase free nights coming my way soon and would like to use them in Banff. I am very flexible at this point and could plan the trip around the availability to use the certs. It seems that for many/most summer dates that seem ideal, Banff does not have base room availability, only suites and/or other rooms that would not qualify. Is there a way for me to do a larger search to see this availability, or am I going to have to check literally every single date combination? I can't figure this out.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nirvana91
Apologies if this has been asked before, I tried searching but came up empty.

Is there a way to search a property to specifically look for "base" room availability? I have two Chase free nights coming my way soon and would like to use them in Banff. I am very flexible at this point and could plan the trip around the availability to use the certs. It seems that for many/most summer dates that seem ideal, Banff does not have base room availability, only suites and/or other rooms that would not qualify. Is there a way for me to do a larger search to see this availability, or am I going to have to check literally every single date combination? I can't figure this out.
Sadly, you have to search each date individually. It's possible that the Fairmont res agents can do a broader search, so it may be worth calling, though I'm not entirely sure.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Sadly, you have to search each date individually. It's possible that the Fairmont res agents can do a broader search, so it may be worth calling, though I'm not entirely sure.
I tried this a few months ago. It's not faster since the agent has to try each date just like you would do at home.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by nock
I tried this a few months ago. It's not faster since the agent has to try each date just like you would do at home.
Disappointing, but not incredibly surprising. Thanks for the info!
Old Dec 22, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by nock
What about calling the hotel directly? It's possible that staff at the local property itself have a different way for checking availability than the central reservations agents. I don't know this, but am just throwing it out there as it might be worth a quick call to find out.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Always call the hotel directly
Old Dec 26, 2016, 7:57 am

I got the card for out July trip out to Banff. Seems like there's not "base" rooms at Banff Spring, Lake Louise, or Jasper.

Any one actually have luck calling the hotels and getting the free nights? Or am I out of luck on this one?
Old Dec 26, 2016, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CHSDOC
I got the card for out July trip out to Banff. Seems like there's not "base" rooms at Banff Spring, Lake Louise, or Jasper.

Any one actually have luck calling the hotels and getting the free nights? Or am I out of luck on this one?
It never hurts to call the hotel directly, though I wouldn't get my hopes up.

The issue with those three properties is that tour operators often book / block all Fairmont rooms, so it definitely keeps checking availability regularly, especially within a few months of arrival when blocked inventory may be released.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.