FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club-661/)
-   -   Need your help for a Fairmont trip (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club/1199600-need-your-help-fairmont-trip.html)

alelex Apr 3, 2011 6:39 am

Hi and thanks for this tips!

So i changed my mind about this trip now! (Sorry!)

I will be for couples of months in MI (from late June) so, I booked 3 nights in The Plaza NYC, I read a lot of amazing reviews so I hope I will enjoy this place, and 2 nights in the Royal York in Toronto for 2 nights (my first experience at Fairmont Gold).

For Vancouver and the "rockies" (?) I KNOW I will stay at the Pacific Rim, nos I'm in conversation with Roxana to arrange a good proposal for my GF (I think can be good memories to ask her hand at this location). I made the mistake to ask the price for the Chairman's Suite (6K per night!) so we will take a Signature Suite.

So, for now, no Rocky Mountrains for me, just stay 3-4 nights in Vancouver to discove the city (so maybe 3 nights in Pacific Rim and 2 nights at the Empress can be good).

So now for the Rocky Mountains (where I will go alone I think) can you confirm I can Take my dog everywhere? Or some Fairmont dont accept dog?

For Vancouver, I didnt ask Roxana now, but you think is possible to "book" the complimentary bmw to pick us at the airport? Or is just complimentary drive in the city center?

Thanks again!

Jasper2009 Apr 3, 2011 8:19 am

Originally Posted by alelex (Post 16151179)
Hi and thanks for this tips!

So i changed my mind about this trip now! (Sorry!)

I will be for couples of months in MI (from late June) so, I booked 3 nights in The Plaza NYC, I read a lot of amazing reviews so I hope I will enjoy this place, and 2 nights in the Royal York in Toronto for 2 nights (my first experience at Fairmont Gold).

Havenīt been to the Plaza yet, reviews vary greatly, but not a bad place to stay in any case I guess.

The Royal York is one of the less impressive Fairmont hotels, but staying on the Gold floor should be a nice experience.

For Vancouver and the "rockies" (?) I KNOW I will stay at the Pacific Rim, nos I'm in conversation with Roxana to arrange a good proposal for my GF (I think can be good memories to ask her hand at this location). I made the mistake to ask the price for the Chairman's Suite (6K per night!) so we will take a Signature Suite.

So, for now, no Rocky Mountrains for me, just stay 3-4 nights in Vancouver to discove the city (so maybe 3 nights in Pacific Rim and 2 nights at the Empress can be good).

Sounds great! :cool:

"rockies" is just an abbreviation for "Rocky Mountains" and has nothing to do with Vancouver. ;)

I canīt think of a better hotel in Vancouver to propose to her, and the service at the Pacific Rim is top notch.

The Empress also is great, make sure to get a Harbour View room/suite.

So now for the Rocky Mountains (where I will go alone I think) can you confirm I can Take my dog everywhere? Or some Fairmont dont accept dog?

Each Fairmont hotel has a different policy regarding dogs/pets. Some only allow guide dogs while others allow dogs up to a certain size/weight, Iīd definitely check with each hotel. You may also find some info in each hotelīs FAQ section.

For Vancouver, I didnt ask Roxana now, but you think is possible to "book" the complimentary bmw to pick us at the airport? Or is just complimentary drive in the city center?

The BMWs are only free for rides within town on a first-come-first-served basis. You can book an airport transfer, but itīs pretty expensive (>$100), though you may be able to negotiate a better deal / get it for free considering youīre paying for a Signature Suite.