FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club-661/)
-   -   Permanent FPC Platinum for $2000 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club/1187642-permanent-fpc-platinum-2000-a.html)

Ancien Maestro Feb 25, 2011 6:33 pm

Congratulations to those who taken advantage of this once in a lifetime deal. Jarusoba, how is your Centurion card compared with Fairmont Platinum Membership? I understand that you paid $3,000 or $3,500 for one time AMEX Centurion fee that carries somewhat a lifetime FPC Platinum Membership.. What is the yearly installments, and what other memberships do you get?

mikeyyz Feb 26, 2011 12:58 am

Centurion is $5,000 initiation plus $2,500 yearly and includes FPC Plat.

I already have it with the Platinum 5 stays promo, but it's a nice incentive to get those people out!

I was contemplating the same thing... but I'm assuming they'll keep the 5 stays promo around for awhile I hope!

aviators99 Feb 26, 2011 2:52 am

Originally Posted by mikeyyz (Post 15935192)

I already have it with the Platinum 5 stays promo, but it's a nice incentive to get those people out!

I was contemplating the same thing... but I'm assuming they'll keep the 5 stays promo around for awhile I hope!

You mean Canadian Centurion...

Ancien Maestro Feb 26, 2011 8:40 am

Originally Posted by mikeyyz (Post 15935192)

Thanks.

Originally Posted by aviators99 (Post 15935391)
You mean Canadian Centurion...

Yes, wondering about the fees to Canadian Centurion.

wdmonet Feb 26, 2011 12:25 pm

Living social deal

To those who got the deal congrats - to those like myself that were caught up with trying to get any information from the fairmont as they shut it down I'll reserve my comments until I hear back from Ben and corporate again. This isn't the PR they were hoping for I'm sure. I've always enjoyed my stays (San Fran, miami, seattle, vancouver downtown and waterfront, chicago, whistler) but if they won't honor this deal for me and or my daisy chain i'll be exploring the other FHR with my platinum

greattypo Feb 26, 2011 4:45 pm

Are you saying you didn't buy the deal in time, and you're trying to get corporate to still sell it to you? If so, sorry, but I don't think you'll have much luck.

LivingSocial has a 5-day, no-questions full cash refund policy. So in the future: snatch up good deals and worry about the details later :D

CanuckFlyHigh Feb 26, 2011 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by greattypo (Post 15938530)
Are you saying you didn't buy the deal in time, and you're trying to get corporate to still sell it to you? If so, sorry, but I don't think you'll have much luck.

LivingSocial has a 5-day, no-questions full cash refund policy. So in the future: snatch up good deals and worry about the details later :D

Agreed. Your loss for not pulling the trigger. You have no right to the package because you were"trying to figure out the details". The details were on the LS website, and they honored them.

CdnFlier Feb 26, 2011 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by payam81 (Post 15933404)
Wholly smokes! Congrats to all who got in! I was late getting in to the office yesterday and missed this but would have definitely pulled the trigger, even if my entire stay history with fairmont is maybe 3 nights!

Any way you cut it, it's a winning deal that could easily pay itself off in a couple of years.

+1 Was in meetings all day and didn't see it, but awesome deal for those who did. I can see why they'd honour it though - only 112 people and likely some good press out of it. Those that stay at Fairmont will likely bring in more revenue while a few may only use the free night and dinner credits but it would likely influence future spending vs all the negative press for pulling the deal.

Congrats...I hope they have another slightly confused deal in the future!

gpapadop Feb 26, 2011 6:55 pm

If I had a $100 bill for each deal I tried to "get the details" or "get approval from wife"...I would be filthy rich now...I have become much better lately to just "book and ask questions later". This one was just different though, definitely not your typical mileage run or air/hotel combo..I had many second thoughts before I clicked Buy! I am so glad I did and looking forward for the experience. As I said in MP, wife is into things (such as shoes & purses) i am into experiences, especially the Presidential kind (it will be my first):D

wdmonet Feb 26, 2011 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh (Post 15938889)
Agreed. Your loss for not pulling the trigger. You have no right to the package because you were"trying to figure out the details". The details were on the LS website, and they honored them.

Originally Posted by greattypo (Post 15938530)

Greatty and canuck = as you can tell I'm a newbie to THIS site and Living Social - in the future I absolutely will buy first and ask questions later - there are details that I don't care to go into on here in trying to get my package honored but the bottom line is to not mess with the details in advance of the purchase as it may ruin it for others as well as yourself. Best policy on any site is to just check their T a C and if you can cancel just purchase the damn thing until corporate figures it out and pulls the plug.

gpapadop Feb 26, 2011 7:28 pm

>>>>>...there are details that I don't care to go into on here in trying to get my package honored but the bottom line is....

wdmonet, welcome to FT!

I am not sure what "details" are there but the bottom line is you did not buy it and they pulled it! The Fairmont folks have been very classy about this whole thing and making an exception for the ones who did buy it. There is a person who is going to be VERY busy to take care of us and the last thing he needs is to take care of another person who did not buy it in time. These things go fast, it's a gamble, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. The points is...it's an addiction, it's like crack...once you start, there is no end. Don't worry about it, there will be MORE deals, just got to be lucky and FAST!

spend some time here on Milepoint and you will learn a lot. Enjoy!

payam81 Feb 26, 2011 7:35 pm

It's funny the link now shows 113 sold vs. 112 when they pulled it. Who got lucky?

CdnFlier Feb 26, 2011 7:50 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.1+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.285 Mobile Safari/534.1+)

Originally Posted by payam81
It's funny the link now shows 113 sold vs. 112 when they pulled it. Who got lucky?

I noticed that too! I thought maybe my memory was wrong.. Lucky bugger!

Soooo anyone want to gift their package? :) haha not that I can seriously imagine anyone giving away this deal!

Ancien Maestro Feb 26, 2011 10:37 pm

I received an e-mail nothing to worry about and Fairmont will honor the package description. A once in a lifetime type error has occurred and honored.^

will5404 Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm

I'm surprised they honored it. Check back in 5 years to see if it was worth it IMO. As for life time, who thinks FPC will outlive them? Chances our it will be the other way around...

Granted if program lasts for 10 more years with similar benefits, it will be a good deal.