FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club-661/)
-   -   Fairmont Towers Heliopolis (no longer a Fairmont) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club/1061278-fairmont-towers-heliopolis-no-longer-fairmont.html)

Cascadia Jun 5, 2008 3:00 pm

Fairmont Towers Heliopolis (no longer a Fairmont)

This is a fantastic addition to Fairmont Hotels. Very modern and sleek with a wonderful large and bright attrium that acts as hotel lobby, meeting, and restaurant space. Rooms are state of the art and comfortable. Pool area is good. Located within 5 minutes of the airport. The feel of this property is actually remanisiant of the Vancouver Airport property (design and detailing). Food outlets were excellent and the bar was the best bar that I had drinks at in Cario. Willow Stream was not open yet but looks to be nice.

As a side note I will add that for me this property, as nice as it is, is more of an airport hotel property. The rest of my stay in Cario was downtown at the Four Seasons Nile Plaza. The reason I stayed my last night at the Fairmont Towers was so I would not have to get up too early to catch my flight. Downtown I was hoping to stay at the new Fairmont Nile City but it will not be ready until this October.

Also on another note the Fairmont Heliopisis (next door to the Towers) is NOT a Fairmont quality property. They are working on updating it but I will be very suprised it works out. I think it should not be branded a Fairmont (maybe a Swiss Hote).

OilersFL Dec 3, 2010 1:36 pm

Holding Luggage While Dining

Can anyone comment on the dining options at this property? I’m arriving CAI in the evening but am thinking of making a stop here for dinner before heading to the Le Meridien Pyramids in Giza, whose restaurants might be closed and undergoing renovations. Also, do you think they’d have a problem holding my luggage while I’m here?

Thanks,
OilersFL

Ancien Maestro Dec 3, 2010 9:01 pm

Restaurants

Savor superlative cuisines in diverse ambiances that range from impressively luxurious to pleasingly casual at The Fairmont Heliopolis and Towers, Cairo. At Fairmont Heliopolis and Towers we believe that authentic cuisines can not be copied. That is why the hotel is home for a large team of multinational authentic chefs, who bring their cooking recipes, as well as their local traditions to our extraordinary restaurants.

At Haiku, enjoy authentic Japanese delights including sushi and sashimi assortments. The surrounding water flow and tropical landscape set the tone for a profound experience. Aqua e Luce grants our guests the chance to contemplate on the reflections of soft glow of contemporary light installations over the water passages, while delighting in an extraordinary Italian cuisine with mouth-watering seafood and tantalizing desserts.

Relish delightful Lebanese favorites cooked on a charcoal grill using original ingredients and traditional cooking methods at Al Dabke, or simply take your afternoon tea at Le Marche, where you can enjoy the freshest coffee, cakes, snacks, ice creams, and daily breakfast specialties.

Dining choices at Fairmont Heliopolis and Towers, Cairo are truly endless. Taste a different option each day, call 16989 from anywhere in Egypt to reserve your table and cherish a new memorable experience.

Restaurants Assortment:

• Haiku: Traditional Japanese delights including sushi and sashimi assortments.
Hours of operation: 2:00pm to Midnight
Chef: Hideto Setomoto
Closed on Tuesday

• Leonardo: Classic Italian cuisine with subtle modern influence.
Hours of operation: 12:00pm to Midnight
Chef: Federico Villoni
Closed on Wednesday

• Lan Tania: Real Far Eastern and Asian cuisine in an entertaining open kitchen view.
Closed on Sunday

• Aqua e Luce: Striking modern interiors, warm environment, Continental cuisine and breakfast buffet.
Hours of operation: 6:30am to Midnight
Chef: Tarek Ali

• Al Dabke: Mouthwatering Lebanese favorites, cooked on a charcoal grill using original ingredients and traditional cooking methods.
Hours of operation: 12:00pm to Midnight
Chef: Michel Ghawi
Closed on Monday

• Egyptian Night: Genuine Egyptian restaurant.
Hours of operation: 6:00pm to 1:00am
Chef: Mostafa Hussein
Closed on Tuesday

• Rainbow Bar: Lobby bar and lounge.
Hours of operation: 8:00am to 2:00am
Chef: Adel Masoud

• Noble House: Chinese delicacies and teppanyaki in a warm setting.
Chef: Kirbe Chang
Closed on Monday

• Maria’s: Serving authentic Mexican cuisine from the recognized Salsa and Chips to “Carne Asada” (Charcoal Grilled Dry Beef), home-made corn tortillas and delicious Guacamole preprared table side.
Chef: Victor Garrido
Closed on Tuesday

• Fuze: A delightful bar serving delectable selection of light bar fare and the most palatable cocktails.
Hours of operation: 24 hours

• My Kind of Place: All-day dining buffet, generous selection of international and local favorites.
Hours of operation: 24 hours

• Blue Lagoon: Pool bar restaurant and grill, serving light snacks and sandwiches.
Hours of operation: 7:00am to 7:00pm

• Le Marche: French patisserie serving the freshest coffees, cakes, snacks, ice-creams and entrecote.
Hours of operation: 6:30 am to 11:00 pm
Chef: Hani Abdel Wahab

• Oriental Café: An Authentic Egyptian café.
Hours of operation: 6:00pm to 1:00am

• Darts: Traditional English pub.
Hours of operation: 6:00pm to 2:00am

• Pizza Bar: Contemporary outdoor dining experience.
Hours of operation: 11:00am to Midnight

Always Flyin Sep 17, 2011 5:37 pm

Fairmont web site presently states: "Kindly note that Haiku and Noble House restaurants are temporarily out of service."

Anyone know for how long they will be out of service?

Ancien Maestro Sep 17, 2011 8:02 pm

Haiku looks done.. Not sure about Noble..

Originally Posted by Always Flyin (Post 17127134)
Fairmont web site presently states: "Kindly note that Haiku and Noble House restaurants are temporarily out of service."

Anyone know for how long they will be out of service?

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/ShowUserRe...lis-Cairo.html

Fairmont Towers Executive Management, General Manager at Fairmont Towers Heliopolis, responded to this review
24 August 2011

We are grateful for your remarks expressing gracious comments about the level of service you were accorded at our property. It will be taken as a motivation to continue the work and to maintain the high standards for which Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is renowned.

Kindly note that your concerns have been taken into the highest consideration, and in this regard, please allow me to shed some light on few points.

Our Specialty Restaurants are only closed during the month of Ramadan. All of them will resume operation during the Eid holidays, commencing August 31st and will remain open thereafter. Haiku Restaurant is currently being transformed into an Indian Restaurant and is expected to open by the end of September.

Regarding our prices, please rest assured that they are very much in line with the hotels at the same level, located at the same destination.

Best regards,

Christoph G. Ganster
General Manager

Spunwasi Dec 7, 2011 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by Cascadia (Post 9833197)
This is a fantastic addition to Fairmont Hotels. Very modern and sleek with a wonderful large and bright attrium that acts as hotel lobby, meeting, and restaurant space. Rooms are state of the art and comfortable. Pool area is good. Located within 5 minutes of the airport. The feel of this property is actually remanisiant of the Vancouver Airport property (design and detailing). Food outlets were excellent and the bar was the best bar that I had drinks at in Cario. Willow Stream was not open yet but looks to be nice.

As a side note I will add that for me this property, as nice as it is, is more of an airport hotel property. The rest of my stay in Cario was downtown at the Four Seasons Nile Plaza. The reason I stayed my last night at the Fairmont Towers was so I would not have to get up too early to catch my flight. Downtown I was hoping to stay at the new Fairmont Nile City but it will not be ready until this October.

Also on another note the Fairmont Heliopisis (next door to the Towers) is NOT a Fairmont quality property. They are working on updating it but I will be very suprised it works out. I think it should not be branded a Fairmont (maybe a Swiss Hote).

Only problem is it's kind of far from the mix of things. Prefer Nile City Fairmont - close to the square, view of the nile, and flawless furnishings.

Ancien Maestro Dec 8, 2011 12:08 am

Originally Posted by Spunwasi (Post 17586102)
Only problem is it's kind of far from the mix of things. Prefer Nile City Fairmont - close to the square, view of the nile, and flawless furnishings.

How's Heliopolis and Fairmont Nile nowadays during the election.. any sign in the horizon that it will be safe for travels within next year or so?

Spunwasi Dec 12, 2011 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro (Post 17587565)
How's Heliopolis and Fairmont Nile nowadays during the election.. any sign in the horizon that it will be safe for travels within next year or so?

No idea, been avoiding Cairo until it becomes a little more stable. I'm sure it's safe enough for tourism, just have no desire to experience general strikes at airports, or closed venues. It's a shame because they're such nice hotels to get no use out of them. Any FT'ers in Cairo recently?

Ancien Maestro Dec 12, 2011 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Spunwasi (Post 17613217)
No idea, been avoiding Cairo until it becomes a little more stable. I'm sure it's safe enough for tourism, just have no desire to experience general strikes at airports, or closed venues. It's a shame because they're such nice hotels to get no use out of them. Any FT'ers in Cairo recently?

Was reading Calgary Metro this morning.. and the tourism is currently non-existent in Egypt..

The economy deficit is huge, and there may be assistance needed from the International Monetary Fund to keep things afloat..

Cascadia Dec 13, 2011 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro (Post 17614796)
Was reading Calgary Metro this morning.. and the tourism is currently non-existent in Egypt..

The economy deficit is huge, and there may be assistance needed from the International Monetary Fund to keep things afloat..

Good time to go

Ancien Maestro Dec 14, 2011 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Cascadia (Post 17619690)
Good time to go

Is it safe?

So, tourism would be normal and not busy at all I imagine.. is it safe to go into Egypt.. assuming we don't get involved with any of the protests?

SkyTeam777 Mar 12, 2012 1:23 am

Are all rooms in the Towers section club level (with access to the Signature lounge?) or just some rooms? What is the difference between the Towers and regular buildings...from what I recall, they are two separate hotels.

Spunwasi Mar 12, 2012 7:16 am

Thought I read a few weeks back that Egypt just started issuing travel visas again. I don't remember them stopping, but that would explain the lack of hotels accepting bookings back then. Anyone know more about this? I gather Sinai was still operating without a hitch.

khabah Jan 4, 2018 1:00 am

This hotel and the neighboring Fairmont Heliopolis have now left Fairmont/Accor. They're currently operating as the Towers Hotel and Heliopolis Hotel before rebranding [back, as it were] to Sheraton later this month.

khabah

YOWCDNFF Apr 16, 2018 7:37 am

Originally Posted by khabah (Post 29247966)
This hotel and the neighboring Fairmont Heliopolis have now left Fairmont/Accor. They're currently operating as the Towers Hotel and Heliopolis Hotel before rebranding [back, as it were] to Sheraton later this month.

khabah

According to a post in the Hilton forum, the Fairmont Heliopolis is now re-opened as a Hilton and the Towers will be completely renovated and re-open as a Waldorf-Astoria