Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Fairmont Battery Wharf (no longer a Fairmont property)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2008, 11:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

http://www.hotelnewsresource.com/article34667.html

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts has announced that it will manage the new Fairmont Battery Wharf located on Boston's vibrant waterfront, adjacent to the city's historic North End.
Fairmont Battery Wharf Boston is scheduled to open in December 2008, joining a collection of luxury hotels that includes The Plaza in New York, The Savoy (scheduled to reopen in 2009) in London, and the iconic Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City. With The Fairmont Copley Plaza, Fairmont Battery Wharf will become the brand's second hotel in Boston.

'I'm delighted to learn that the Fairmont brand will have an extended presence in our city with the operation of a new hotel at Battery Wharf,' Mayor Thomas M. Menino said. 'This waterfront redevelopment project will bring numerous benefits to the city and greatly increase public access along the waterfront. Fairmont's investment in the city is further proof that Boston is a top destination and our hotel market remains strong.'

The contemporary hotel will feature 150 elegantly appointed guestrooms, including Fairmont Gold, the brand's exclusive lifestyle offering featuring warm and personalized service with amenities such as private reception and a comfortable guest lounge. Guestrooms will be spacious with a large work area, marble baths and all of the technology features consistent with five-diamond standards. The décor will be residential in style and inspired by the property's harbor side location.

Fairmont Battery Wharf will offer 6,000 square feet of meeting space, making it ideal for small corporate groups, as well and intimate social events. The property will also feature a restaurant, designed with guidance from three-star Michelin Chef Guy Martin, and lounge with harbor views and water taxi service to Boston Logan International Airport. Comprised of three buildings in a private enclave, Fairmont Battery Wharf will be an exclusive retreat for business and leisure travelers, as well as the local community.

'This is a great opportunity for Fairmont to operate Boston's newest luxury waterfront hotel,' said Paul S. Tormey, Regional Vice President, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Northeast U.S. and Bermuda. 'Fairmont Battery Wharf expands our presence in the Boston market and offers guests a sophisticated modern retreat taking full advantage of its waterfront location and close proximity to the North End.'

The lead investor in the Battery Wharf project is a large institutional client of PNC Realty Investors, Inc. (PRI), an indirect subsidiary of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. 'Fairmont is a well respected name in the international hospitality industry, well-known for its uncompromising guest service standards,' said Kevin P. McCarthy, Managing Principal and President of PRI. 'Fairmont Battery Wharf will be an excellent addition to the thriving Boston waterfront, and we are confident that with Fairmont management, the hotel will grow to be the most desirable waterfront location in the city to visit, providing the residents of Battery Wharf, as well as hotel guests, an array of luxury services and amenities.'

'The Boston Waterfront is an exciting area of development in the city, and we are delighted to be managing Fairmont Battery Wharf,' said Thomas W. Storey, President, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. 'Together with Fairmont Pittsburgh, which will open in 2009, this new luxury hotel will be an excellent expansion of the Fairmont Hotels & Resorts brand in the United States.'

Recent international announcements have included Fairmont Hyderabad, India, Fairmont Roco Ki, Dominican Republic, Fairmont Haitang Bay Resort, Sanya, China, Fairmont Marrakech, Morocco, and Fairmont Manila, Philippines.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 11:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Well, better late than never:

http://uk.sys-con.com/node/803760

BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS -- (Marketwire) -- 01/08/09 -- Fairmont Battery Wharf, a newly opened hotel located on Boston's vibrant waterfront, makes its debut with an introductory offer. Set in a private enclave, Fairmont Battery Wharf is a sophisticated retreat for business and leisure travelers, and this winter the hotel features its Only One Way Winter Package. With this special package, enjoy two nights at Boston's premier harbor side destination and get the second night free. Rates for this package start at $299 per night through April 15, 2009.(i)

The contemporary hotel has 150 elegantly appointed guestrooms, including Fairmont Gold, the brand's exclusive lifestyle offering featuring warm and personalized service with amenities such as private reception and a comfortable guest lounge. Guestrooms are spacious with a large work area, marble baths and all of the technology features consistent with the highest of luxury service standards. The decor throughout the hotel is residential in style and inspired by the property's harbor side location, featuring pieces from local artists such as Robert Baart, Miriam Fired, Helen Shulman, Dorothy Arnold and Beth Donahue.

Located adjacent to the North End, one of the city's top culinary destinations, the hotel offers guests Sensing, its restaurant from Michelin chef Guy Martin. Sensing will offer an inspired menu of "cuisine without borders," featuring seasonal New England ingredients. Complemented by an expansive open kitchen, a chef's table for an up close and personal dining experience, and seasonal outdoor seating, a meal at Sensing appeals to all five senses. The restaurant will be open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The lounge features an array of cocktails and an extensive wine list. The wine list is designed to be approachable for guests, allowing them to discover new winemakers and varietals.

In addition to Sensing, the hotel offers lighter fare in its Lobby Living Room, an engaging lounge atmosphere in the main lobby of the hotel, perfect for gathering with friends or an impromptu meeting, and 24 hour in room dining service.

Fairmont Battery Wharf also offers 6,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, including a ballroom, board rooms and several break-out rooms, making it ideal for small corporate groups, as well as intimate social events. The ballroom and two board rooms are located on the Garden Level. Additional meeting space is located in the Great Admiral building.

The centerpiece of the Garden Level is a chandelier commissioned from San Francisco artist, Nikolas Weinstein. The dramatic glass installation hangs in the atrium skylight. The piece is reminiscent of a school of fish and captures natural light and is pin spotted for a dramatic effect. The Lobby Living Room also features an installation by Weinstein, which, too, is representative of sea life.

Additional amenities include water taxi service to Logan Airport and other Harbor-side locations and 300 linear feet of dock space. The property is located along the Boston Harborwalk, a walkway of paths and parks that stretches from Charlestown to Dorchester. The walkway along Battery Wharf is one of the more recent expansions of the Boston Harborwalk. The hotel is also within walking distance of the Freedom Trail, New England Aquarium and new Institute of Contemporary Art, as well a variety of restaurants, shops and boutiques.

Fairmont Battery Wharf is the newest addition to a luxury lifestyle destination which includes a luxury spa and health club opening in the second half of 2009, as well as 104 private residences.

For additional information or to make a reservation at Fairmont Battery Wharf, please call (800) 441-1414 or visit www.fairmont.com/batterywharf.

(i)This package is based upon availability in a Fairmont guestroom and does not include tax or gratuity. This special rate requires a non-refundable one night deposit at the time of booking.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:23 am

Battery Wharf Suite Over Holidays

I stayed at the Fairmont Battery Wharf this past winter, in the week between Christmas and New Year's. I am a Plat and used my free night and free suite certs, booked through the Plat line. I checked in at approximately 10:30 p.m. and was given a Harbor Suite, which rocked. Also came with a Plat amenity of cookies/biscuits.

http://www.fairmont.com/batterywharf...uitesIndex.htm

I was only there for that night and left mid-morning. The complex is split into 3-4 different buildings, which I found kind of weird. But everything looked pretty nice. Didn't try any of the food. The location is nice, too, and the view is peaceful. Definitely recommend it!
Old May 2, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Any other TRs here?

Wondering whether to stay here or the Copley Plaza?
Old May 2, 2012, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Any other TRs here?

Wondering whether to stay here or the Copley Plaza?
I´ve stayed at both the Copley Plaza and the Fairmont Battery Wharf.

The Copley Plaza is a typical old-style Fairmont hotel (similar to Fairmont Hotel Vancouver / Royal York Toronto / Macdonald Edmonton / etc.). The Fairmont Battery Wharf is a new development with more modern rooms (e.g. larger bathrooms with separate walk-in shower).

If you´re planning to do the tourist stuff, the Copley Plaza probably is the better location right in the heart of Boston. The Fairmont Battery Wharf is much closer to the airport (so convenient for a short overnight layover), but not that convenient otherwise IMO.
Old May 2, 2012, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I´ve stayed at both the Copley Plaza and the Fairmont Battery Wharf.

The Copley Plaza is a typical old-style Fairmont hotel (similar to Fairmont Hotel Vancouver / Royal York Toronto / Macdonald Edmonton / etc.). The Fairmont Battery Wharf is a new development with more modern rooms (e.g. larger bathrooms with separate walk-in shower).

If you´re planning to do the tourist stuff, the Copley Plaza probably is the better location right in the heart of Boston. The Fairmont Battery Wharf is much closer to the airport (so convenient for a short overnight layover), but not that convenient otherwise IMO.
Thanks!
Booked into a Park King suite at the Copley Plaza.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 6:33 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
I stayed at the Fairmont Battery Warf last week-end.

First thing to know is the hotel room are just at 1st and 2nd floors (so the nice balcony you see on the photo are for the luxury-private condos on the higher floors). There is a Fairmont Gold-only building, but these one is not over water like the two others (so the views seem less nice).

I booked a (209$) Visa Luxury Collection rate (you can book it if you have any Visa infinite card like Aeroplan or Avion), which includes breakfast, 2pm late check-out, room upgrade subject to availabilities and a 25$ credit (you have to ask to have it applied as there don't really know this king of package).

Upgrade was from a Fairmont room to a Deluxe Coast Guard View room, which is exactly the same side (quite small) of the basic room but is supposed to be better equipped and have a patial view (of the Tobin Memorial Bridge). That's said, room was very comfty, modern, with a nice relaxing chair.
Food at the restaurant was quite good (had dinner and breakfast) and not overpriced. No breakfast buffet (just a la carte). Didn't try the spa. One drawback, it is the only Fairmont I was where there was no pool (is there any other ?)

And actually I find the location very convenient. Very close to the North End where there is some good restaurants (kind of little Italy), and the Regina Pizza. It is also not very far from the Quincy Market, the Aquarium and the wharf from where the boats leave to the Boston Harbour Island.
The water taxi to go to the Airport is also quite convenient (it is an original way to go to the airport, even if it takes more time than a regular taxi).

Final word, I did have a quite nice stay here (but not sure I will go here in summer when the rates are really higher).

Last edited by Yul_voyager; Jan 24, 2013 at 10:31 am
Old Jan 24, 2013, 8:13 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I don't think Battery Wharf is all that convenient for public transportation, and I spent a long time (20+ minutes?) one Saturday morning waiting for a taxi--I suspect that was not typical, but it didn't leave me wanting to return to try again.
I did like my room and the restaurant, and, as I think my team was up there playing that weekend, I was happy that NESN was on their system.

Last edited by rfrost; Jan 25, 2013 at 11:29 am
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:29 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by rfrost
I don't think Battery Wharf is all that convenient for public transportation, and I spent a long time (20+ minutes?) one Saturday morning waiting for a taxi--I suspect that was not typical, but it didn't leave me wanting to return to try again.
I did like my room and the restuarant, and, as I think my team was up there playing that weekend, I was happy that NESN was on their system.
I agree that it is maybe not very convenient for pblic transportation (for the T, at least). I find the place convenient for walking around, and, for the water taxi...
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:46 pm

I really like this hotel. stayed there last month for 4 nights. I very much like the location. got upgraded to a very nice and spacious one bedroom suite that has a very nice water view. the food at the restaurant was excellent. as mentioned above not over priced. staff were extra friendly. I will stay here for sure when my travel brings me back to Boston.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:31 pm

Parking about Battery Wharf

Going to be spending three day weekend and will be receiving some associates and well wishers. What is the local parking situation like? Is there some street parking for the day?

Appreciate your comments.

cleo
Old Nov 15, 2013, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
I agree that it is maybe not very convenient for pblic transportation (for the T, at least). I find the place convenient for walking around, and, for the water taxi...
How far away is the T? What about the North End (Little Italy)?
Old Jul 26, 2015, 10:11 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
This hotel is now gone. A kind suggestion to please remove this hotel from: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairm...worldwide.html

That's where I was browsing which led to this post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.