Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Will L'Accor offer Fairmont Gift Certificates at discount? - like Fairmont before?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will L'Accor offer Fairmont Gift Certificates at discount? - like Fairmont before?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2018, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

If the answer is yes, what is the date? What would be the discount?
Old Nov 11, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
If the answer is yes, what is the date? What would be the discount?
They already did this past spring. If it continues, I expect it to be on Black Friday, with the announcement on the Monday of that week (assuming the pattern continues). I'm hopeful it will continue. They may have merged the loyalty programs this summer, but Fairmont has been part of Accor for longer, and they've had a few gift card sales since then. I've never equated the Facebook gift card bonus offers with the FPC loyalty program, so the demise of the latter should not prevent a repeat of the former.

Past bonuses have been either 15% or 20%, equating to a discount of 13.04% and 16.67% respectively.

The annual spring bonus has floated around various dates and were less predictable than the fall sale, which was typically on Black Friday.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I fully agree with CanadaDH's analysis - there is no reason that Fairmont can't offer a brand-specific gift card sale just because FPC has been nuked.

And IIRC Fairmont has offered a gift card sale during US Thanksgiving for at least the last 8+ years.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
if the sale goes on as before, what time does the sale usually take place.

I will be in Hawaii on Black Friday-so I believe (with Standard Time now on for most US states and Canadian provinces) - that Hawaii time is 5 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
if the sale goes on as before, what time does the sale usually take place.

I will be in Hawaii on Black Friday-so I believe (with Standard Time now on for most US states and Canadian provinces) - that Hawaii time is 5 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
The sale has usually taken place 1p.m-4p.m. EST or 2p.m.-5p.m. EST IIRC.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Does it ever include Raffles?
Old Nov 19, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Does it ever include Raffles?
Yes and no. Different gift card and different timing. If you visit the Raffles facebook page and scroll through the historical posts, you will see occasional announcements for similar sales on their gift cards. However, they were traditionally 10% bonuses, not 15% and 20% that Fairmont cards have been. But as far as I know, you can't use a Fairmont gift card at a Raffles. They are brand-specific.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please follow the discussion here-

20% Bonus on Fairmont e-Gift Cards - Nov 23, 2018 - 2 to 5 PM EST

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.