Advice: where to burn my remaining certs?

Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i pick places where no practical alternatives are available - BSH, LL etc... i can easily find some decent upgraded options in Hawaii or AZ or CA with other chains but i can't imagine paying for suites at BSH any time soon... without those certs we will not be able to return and it's a major bummer...
Brendan and Shenanigans like this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 1:26 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by azepine00
i pick places where no practical alternatives are available - BSH, LL etc... i can easily find some decent upgraded options in Hawaii or AZ or CA with other chains but i can't imagine paying for suites at BSH any time soon... without those certs we will not be able to return and it's a major bummer...
Agreed, and this is why Bermuda is a decent option given the lack of other chains there, even though the Fairmonts there are nice but not fantastic.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:27 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold
My wife and I had an incredible semi-last minute stay in Montreux Switzerland where we combined a suite upgrade and a 3rd night free. The suite upgrade books you into a suite that overlooks Lake Geneva and has a substantial balcony. It was relatively simple to get there/back from YVR.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by PJLukasik
My wife and I had an incredible semi-last minute stay in Montreux Switzerland where we combined a suite upgrade and a 3rd night free. The suite upgrade books you into a suite that overlooks Lake Geneva and has a substantial balcony. It was relatively simple to get there/back from YVR.
As I recall at Montreux, most guest rooms overlook the lake, and there are no suites that don't overlook the lake. So, any suite upgrade there is guaranteed to get a great view and balcony. Montreux was one of my favourite uses of upgrade and free night certificates. Beautiful hotel in a great location.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:38 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by PJLukasik
My wife and I had an incredible semi-last minute stay in Montreux Switzerland where we combined a suite upgrade and a 3rd night free. The suite upgrade books you into a suite that overlooks Lake Geneva and has a substantial balcony.
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
As I recall at Montreux, most guest rooms overlook the lake, and there are no suites that don't overlook the lake. So, any suite upgrade there is guaranteed to get a great view and balcony. Montreux was one of my favourite uses of upgrade and free night certificates. Beautiful hotel in a great location.
That's great to hear - Fairmont Montreux will be my very last Fairmont cert ever, next month. I will report back about my stay in the property thread, hopefully it will be as positive as your stays.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I loved my stay in Montreux a couple of years ago—probably my favorite Fairmont stay ever!

Last edited by rfrost; Jan 3, 2019 at 6:52 pm
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:22 pm

I enjoyed Fairmont Montreux a couple of weeks ago. Really a great hotel with a great view. Enjoy the delicious breakfast!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by rfrost
I loved my stay in Montreal a couple of years ago—probably my favorite Fairmont stay ever!
You don't hear that very often! I will admit that the Queen E hotel has undergone a massive renovation, and it doesn't look like they overlooked any spaces in the upgrade. It has gone from being just an old hotel in a fantastic location showing some wear, to being a very updated place, but the new décor may not be to everyone's taste. It's certainly one of the best places to stay in Montreal. I wouldn't, however, say it was a favourite of mine place to burn an FPC certificate, since it's not one of the most expensive properties. It was always a hotel I'd just pay cash at, and save the certs for when visiting a more expensive location.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
My apologies--I was typing on my phone and failed to notice that Autocorrect did it again! I am correcting my OP now to reflect taht I was adding my own experience about MONTREUX!!!!!
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: Starwood Plat (sigh) FPC Platinum (sigh)
But where *are* the certs now?

Sorry to bother you all but um, wait . . .where are the certificates I knew I had at the end of 2018 but now cannot locate? Did I have to book using the cert before the end of year? Or am I merely not finding them on the website?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Napstolean
Sorry to bother you all but um, wait . . .where are the certificates I knew I had at the end of 2018 but now cannot locate? Did I have to book using the cert before the end of year? Or am I merely not finding them on the website?
Well, the very next thread on the forum page right now, is a thread called

"Where did my certs go?". You will find your answer there. Short answer; they are there, but through the magic of the incompetent Accor IT team, they have made them vanish from the website. However, you can see them through the app. The hotels should also be able to see them in their internal systems.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.