Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

new Gold lounge access policy at Fairmont Royal York?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Hello,
So i was looking at the Royal York different promotion when i end up on this one !!!
since when a signature room can access gold Level ??? never seen that before ! So why in hell i would book a room at 1000$ to access gold level lounge ?
That defeat the purpose of booking gold to access the lounge and more people can access it ! Really don't understand where they are going with that.
and i can see their price skyrocket compare to other of this type of hotel (Gold was 500$-600$ before Accord )

Signature Room Lounge experience

Enjoy exclusive access to the 12th Floor Lounge, including continental breakfast and evening canapés, when you book a newly renovated luxury Signature Room.

Package Includes:

• Signature Room luxury accommodations
  • Access to 12th Floor Lounge including:
    • Complimentary continental breakfast from 6:30 am to 10:00 am on weekdays and 7:00 am to 11:00 am on weekends
    • Complimentary evening canapés from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm daily

Last edited by ireman; Aug 15, 2018 at 9:36 am Reason: reduce policies
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Interesting. That definitely sounds like a new policy / offering.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
I suspect that it is temporary. The Royal York has been doing extensive renovations over the past few years. At the moment, the entire lobby is being renovated, and they've moved reception to the lower level. They are also renovating the Fairmont Gold rooms at this time. So, my guess is that while they are not able to sell a Fairmont Gold room (or have several of them out of commission at any one time), they may be offering lounge access to rooms on other floors.

Edit to add... Rather than just tossing out my earlier guess above, I checked the RYH website.

As part of our commitment to improve our guest experience, we are currently undergoing a multi-million dollar revitalization of our Fairmont Gold guest rooms and lounge. Scheduled to debut in the Fall of 2018, the reinvented experience will offer a sophisticated sanctuary high above the city with expansive new suites, an unforgettable lounge, and thoughtfully designed spaces. Our new Fairmont Gold will be a rare experience of personalized big-city luxury.

Please note Fairmont Gold will close May 8 as we undergo our final phase of guest room renovations.

Our Gold Team looks forward to welcoming you back when our new Fairmont Gold is unveiled.
I guess it could also be a temporary way of getting more people to try out the brand new product. I notice this new promotion is only good to the end of the year.

Last edited by CanadaDH; Aug 15, 2018 at 9:57 am
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:06 am
Original Poster

oh it make sense thanks DH for the research

i will book somewhere else for the time being

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.