Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

It has been 3 weeks - your experience with Fairmont / Accor

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It has been 3 weeks - your experience with Fairmont / Accor

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Has anyone at Fairmont properties noticed if Le Labo has been replaced as the provider of choice for bathroom amenities? I really like them (so much that I kind of hoard all of the containers I get, since I know the retail price is quite high), but I noticed at my recent visit to Montreux Palace that a different brand (Molton Brown) instead. I haven't been to Montreux before, so maybe they are different? I am going to be at the Fairmont San Jose this upcoming weekend, so perhaps I will have a better sense then...but wanted to see what others had encountered post-merger.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Has anyone at Fairmont properties noticed if Le Labo has been replaced as the provider of choice for bathroom amenities? I really like them (so much that I kind of hoard all of the containers I get, since I know the retail price is quite high), but I noticed at my recent visit to Montreux Palace that a different brand (Molton Brown) instead. I haven't been to Montreux before, so maybe they are different? I am going to be at the Fairmont San Jose this upcoming weekend, so perhaps I will have a better sense then...but wanted to see what others had encountered post-merger.
Just back from Fairmont Waterfront in Vancouver and they still had Le Labo. No issues with my suite upgrade cert I had applied before and hotel was totally full (checked on website) so no opportunity for upgrade. The bell staff had my keys waiting and inside were the drink vouchers as expected.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:17 pm

Fairmont San Jose still has Le Labo.

Recent stay there went MUCH better than the first time since the Accor transition. The only odd thing was the drink certs. At the front desk, they said any cocktail at the lobby lounge or pool were available, but at the actual lounge they said NO cocktails were eligible with the cert, only house wine, an "elixir", or soda.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Still Le Labo at the Fairmont YVR. I got the welcome drink cert but they no longer offer a pass to the Plaza Premium Lounge at YVR. Front desk staff were fantastic, as usual.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:56 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Still Le Labo at Banff Springs and Chateau Lake Louise. I don't know why they would change as part of the Accor transition, but you never know, they've done stupider things. Accor bought the brand, and the fragrance is part of the brand, and guests make the association with it.

At BSH, they never mentioned anything about a further upgrade on arrival. We had a pair of One Bedroom Suites booked, and I had requested the 2 specific rooms by number, so am glad they didn't mess with that!

At CLL, they mentioned that since I'm already booked in a Two-Bedroom Lakeview Suite, there is nothing higher they can upgrade us into. So, at least they acknowledged the rule. I think both properties were completely full anyway, as expected in the summer.

BSH gave us 2 vouchers per room, or 4 total. I don't know what the rule is. 2 of us were Platinum members. At Lake Louise, we only had the one room booked, but they hooked me up with 8 drink vouchers! Also got a couple of free canoe rental vouchers.

As for hoarding all the Le Labo products, does this count? We use them all the time at home. Reminds me of vacation!

Last edited by CanadaDH; Sep 4, 2018 at 9:02 pm
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:47 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
As for hoarding all the Le Labo products, does this count? We use them all the time at home. Reminds me of vacation!

And I thought I was going overboard. You make me feel better
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not a huge fan of le labo - much prefer molton brown
They should probably have one as primary line and another as backup one can request..

as for changes - for the first time ever was refused late checkout at bsh - ended up spending a couple hours by the pool so not the end of the world
1flyer likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by azepine00
Not a huge fan of le labo - much prefer molton brown
They should probably have one as primary line and another as backup one can request..

as for changes - for the first time ever was refused late checkout at bsh - ended up spending a couple hours by the pool so not the end of the world
I think they do have another product line you can request.

I didn't need the late check-out on my recent stay at BSH, but they were very clear at check-in to point out that it is no longer guaranteed under the new program, and they apologized for the downgrade in benefits vs. the old FPC. Said to make a request closer to the day of check-out? At least they recognized the service downgrade for what it is, and apologized. They didn't try to make excuses or package it up in marketing crap to make it sound like we're better off (like Maryam)! What I'm wondering now, is could one still insist on a late check-out for reservations booked prior to the change, if you have a confirmation e-mail saying late check-out is included, or can they point to some clause that says they reserve the right to change the terms of the booking.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by escape4
And I thought I was going overboard. You make me feel better
Definitely showing this to my wife so she stops complaining about my habit.
escape4 and Firsttime4me2 like this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:48 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Fairmont SF still provide Le Labo toiletries

Welcome drink voucher : 1 for each person staying.
Didnt have the chance to check what is the offering though
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Montreux had Molton Brown when I stayed there in 2015 so I don't think this is anything new.

Just completed a Banff stay to burn a bunch of my certificates and not much has changed...yet. Still got the online check in email and the valet had my room keys waiting for me when I arrived. I used 2 free night certs and paid for one night at ~CAD$750/night, used a suite upgrade cert to get the top turret suite at the north end of the hotel (#807 - will provide a separate review in the BSH thread when I get a chance), burned all of my spa/dinning certs at 1888 Chophouse and the spa, and took advantage of the platinum 2 for 1 golf offer for a final time. Overall I got about CAD$2500 in value out of my FPC benefits on this three night stay. Under the new program I got 2 drink vouchers (which we did use for cocktails that were ~$25 each) and earned not quite 80 Euros in rewards on the paid portion of the stay. Suffice to say, I miss FPC.
Eagle_traveler likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Accor Gold, AMEX FHR
I sent an email to Fairmont 1 month ago to change something in my profile, Fairmont replied to me that they were forwarding my email to the loyalty department (Accor email address), and then I never received an answer from them. I sent an email to the Accor email address a week ago reminding them that I didn't get an answer.. and never heard back.

Way to go Accor! Don't answer your emails and expect guests to be loyal!!

"Your Fairmont experience won't change" yeah sure!
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Eagle_traveler
I sent an email to Fairmont 1 month ago to change something in my profile, Fairmont replied to me that they were forwarding my email to the loyalty department (Accor email address), and then I never received an answer from them. I sent an email to the Accor email address a week ago reminding them that I didn't get an answer.. and never heard back.

Way to go Accor! Don't answer your emails and expect guests to be loyal!!

"Your Fairmont experience won't change" yeah sure!
Are you surprised? Your Fairmont experience won't change, as long as you don't need any sort of service, which Accor is well known for not having.

This was taken from the front cover of the CSR training manual at Accor...

(source/credit): https://despair.com/collections/retired/products/apathy
Eagle_traveler and Nick Art like this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 9:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Accor Gold, AMEX FHR
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Are you surprised? Your Fairmont experience won't change, as long as you don't need any sort of service, which Accor is well known for not having.

This was taken from the front cover of the CSR training manual at Accor...

(source/credit): https://despair.com/collections/retired/products/apathy
Haha I love it!
Well, I knew it was bad, but I didn't know it was that bad.
At first I thought I would be trying my Platinum status while I have it and give them a chance, but nope, I will stay elsewhere.
I really hope hotel owners will reflag their hotels... there are some really great Fairmont but it's sad to see that now they are part of such a mediocre program and a mediocre hotel group.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 10:09 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Eagle_traveler
Haha I love it!
Well, I knew it was bad, but I didn't know it was that bad.
At first I thought I would be trying my Platinum status while I have it and give them a chance, but nope, I will stay elsewhere.
I really hope hotel owners will reflag their hotels... there are some really great Fairmont but it's sad to see that now they are part of such a mediocre program and a mediocre hotel group.
I can only suggest that you call what used to be the FPC support center in Moncton. They are now the Le Club support center responsible for North America and basically the only people that will help you (and they are still doing a great job like they used to before the merger, while the rest of LeClub support is out getting a haircut or something).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.