View Poll Results: How and when should the Fairmont forum be integrated into the Le Club Accor forum?
proposal 1 (see below): full integration as soon as possible
38.96%
proposal 2 (see below): keep Fairmont FPC forum active until at least Feb. 28, 2019
19.48%
proposal 3 (see below): permanently keep the Fairmont forum as an independent subforum
41.56%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

discussion: future of the Fairmont forum

Old Jun 25, 18, 3:08 pm
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
discussion: future of the Fairmont forum

As probably everyone is aware, Accor acquired FRHI (the parent company of Fairmont, Raffles, Swissotel) and Fairmont is being "integrated" into the Le Club Accor program effective July 2, 2018.

Relevant threads:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fair...swissotel.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fair...embership.html

However, the current Fairmont FPC will continue to exist (to a degree) since current Fairmont FPC certificates are valid until Feb. 28, 2019. And in fact most current Fairmont FPC Premier and Platinum members will receive a new set of certificates on July 2, also valid until Feb. 28, 2019.

There has been some discussion regarding what to do with the Fairmont forum and I figured Flyertalkers should be involved in this discussion. The below proposals are the main proposals made by mods and FTers, but anyone is welcome to make a different suggestion in the discussion thread.

proposal 1: effective July 2, 2018, the Fairmont forum becomes a sub-forum of the Le Club Accor forum and all property-related threads are moved to the main Accor forum; the Fairmont subforum - limited to the discussion of FPC benefits - will be closed soon thereafter (e.g. within 1-2 months)

proposal 2: effective July 2, 2018, the Fairmont forum becomes a sub-forum of the Le Club Accor forum, but it will remain activie until at least Feb. 28, 2019 (when all the Fairmont FPC benefits are expected to end)

proposal 3: effective July 2, 2018, the Fairmont forum becomes a sub-forum of the Le Club Accor forum and remains so indefinitely (similar to the Ritz Carlton forum being a permanent subforum of the Marriott forum)

(The purpose of this thread is to include Flyertalkers in the decision making process and gather some general feedback with regards to the integration of the Fairmont forum into the Accor forum.)

Last edited by Jasper2009; Jun 26, 18 at 9:19 pm Reason: add links
Old Jun 25, 18, 4:35 pm

Programs: TK*G, AC Aeroplan, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Nexus/GE, Hertz #1 Gold
I think merging everything completely into a single forum is just going to create too much noise. By having more than two dozen different brands with little in common aside from a points program, will make it harder to sort through the volumes of posts for the info relevant too you. If the whole point of FT forums was to discuss the workings of the loyalty program, than a single forum can work. But FT discussions go way beyond the program, and even down to reviews and info about specific properties. Most of the FT discussions seem to revolve around the brands and products (and complaints about how the run their IT). For that reason, I think segmentation is useful.

That said, a Fairmont-specific forum might be too specific. Another possibility might be a subform for all of the former FRHI brands (two of which never had a forum on FT at all), plus Sofitel, M-Gallery and Banyan Tree, and you create a collection of brands that might have some appeal to the same profile of traveller. I'm sure I'm not the only traveller who would never go in a Novotel, much less and ibis, so a lot of the traffic on a monster forum would not be relevant.

If the only options are 1, 2 and 3 above, then I like #3 . But, I also like the idea of dividing the brands into perhaps 3 different quality tiers to make following and searching discussions much easier.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Jun 25, 18, 5:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Fairmont is an iconic brand that deserves its own forum. There are alot of people on here who are intimately familiar with Fairmonts (I probably have 1000 nights in a Fairmont), and I find this forum very helpful. I certainly won't visit an Accor forum very frequently.
Old Jun 25, 18, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
Reasons for option 3:
- There is remarkably little overlap between the Accor and Fairmont footprints
- A lot of the questions asked about the Fairmont hotels are about the properties themselves as opposed to the loyalty program, or are about both the program and the property -- because of the unique nature of many of the hotels
- Fairmont is small relative to Accor, threads will get lost
- At a minimum, keeping them separate through Feb 28 2019 given coupon validity
Old Jun 26, 18, 8:41 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
I think the option should be only 1 or 2 as Accor members will post reviews about fairmonts and etc in the Accor thread. Yes it is possible for a sub forum but the current forum should eventually be closed. All people using fairmonts especially from next year will have the same benefits dictated by Accor.
Old Jun 26, 18, 11:00 am

Option 3

so we can still be able to go back on some review ,comments ,info

thanks
Brendan likes this.
Old Jun 26, 18, 6:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
I think a subforum of Accor would be appropriate. That way, at least the properties and program will be close to each other.
Old Jun 27, 18, 6:25 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by Spent_All_My_Miles View Post
Reasons for option 3:
- There is remarkably little overlap between the Accor and Fairmont footprints
- A lot of the questions asked about the Fairmont hotels are about the properties themselves as opposed to the loyalty program, or are about both the program and the property -- because of the unique nature of many of the hotels
- Fairmont is small relative to Accor, threads will get lost
- At a minimum, keeping them separate through Feb 28 2019 given coupon validity
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh View Post
Fairmont is an iconic brand that deserves its own forum. There are alot of people on here who are intimately familiar with Fairmonts (I probably have 1000 nights in a Fairmont), and I find this forum very helpful. I certainly won't visit an Accor forum very frequently.
Either of these options sound great to me. I may continue staying at Fairmont hotels but I will never ever set foot in an Accor hotel again. It's too bad FPC is gone but the legendary service and quality of Fairmont hotels remain, for now, and I quite frankly don't give a hoot to learn anything more about Accor.
Old Jun 28, 18, 6:33 am

Programs: *A G, OW S, ST Elite.
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin View Post
I may continue staying at Fairmont hotels but I will never ever set foot in an Accor hotel again.
Pardon my saying so but as Fairmonts are now Accor hotels that sounds like a contradiction in terms.
lhrpete likes this.
Old Jun 28, 18, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I voted to keep it a permanent separate forum. I think there is so much legacy data, about the program, about the hotels, and the history that moving it all over the Accor forum doesn't really add much value. It's all history. I would make it a link to a sub-forum and we might have specific Links to Fairmont hotel review, but people will be able to find Fairmont hotel reviews easily via search or direct links.
Old Jun 29, 18, 1:51 pm

Oh well i was thinking i was in another site when i was reading this post on the Accor Hotel forum seriously !!!
Such of hate from some who preferred this branch of hotel to another one i wasn't thinking peoples got time to express like that.
That's just BS for me.

my 2 cents

Ireman

Originally Posted by tris06 View Post
Fairmont thread is currently running a poll about whether to close the Fairmont Forum and roll it into the Accor Forum. Or keep the forum open for seperate disccusions for Fairmonts, Raffles and Swisshotel brands.

I do believe Accor members should add their voice to the poll as it might inconvience us having to use a seperate thread for Leclub members to get informed on particular hotels. Current comments from Fairmont members is on average their wish to keep the forum open and seperate from the other Accor brands as they just hate any Accor labeling being placed on their beloved hotels.

The good news is that the poll is gradually swinging In favour of option 1 and 2. When this started option 3 was aroind 60 percent Now its nearly down under 40 percent So In this poll at the moment a clear majority do not want option 3.I Have

No problem with option 2 As well until certs run out.
​​​​​​​
  • ​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
Well I didn't think it was a race but more like when this poll was started, Because their moderator didnt post the details In the Accor forum it is obvious he prefered only Fairmont members Had their opinion. Now to be honest one didn't need a poll all the threads over the last 18 months it is clear majority that they Wouldprefer a permenant forum for themselves and their hotels. The poll was to give that opinion substance. Meaning they could show the results to flytalk and push the case offically to do what they always wanted even Though reality is different..

The fact that Many Accor members Have voted Now has blown that expected result away So they may not get what they wanted.
Old Jun 29, 18, 5:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wanted to vote for both 2 and 3. That seems like a logical choice and certainly isn't inconsistent.
Old Jun 30, 18, 3:20 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Lol Ireman , What a funny comment. All the hate has been on the Fairmont forum. You seem to have a problem we Also Have an opinion. If you note everything I say here is not with anger but with what people want In the Accor forum. We have no problems In the past 2 years with You expressing your hopes about (Fairmont
program becoming the only program In Accor) or ( Fairmont hotels always staying seperate ) but this Did not happen. If the grass is greener for USA baased frequent customers then that may be your better chioce but Accor does make sense for a lot of people. I have Never said Just lovely things about Accor As it is a mixed bag However majority its good from my experiences.

So unfortuantely your comments are way off. Your own forum has plenty of hate messages going around.
Old Jun 30, 18, 5:29 am

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Dear mods, shouldn't the poll in question be posted in the Accor forum as well?

At times, one is looking for an hotel from a certain chain in a particular city or area. In that case, one might have to choose between, say, Pullman, Swissotel, and Novotel. It would more convenient to have all info regarding the choices in one FT subforum as opposed to two.
Old Jun 30, 18, 12:56 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Id prefer option 3.
Fairmont deserves an own forum imo. Maybe a subforum in the accorhotel that links to the fairmont main forum could be an idea.
I personally would be rather unhappy being under the accorhotel forums, since Im currently not very positive towards them and I blame them for destroying FPC and replacing it with something much worse. I know that makes not so much sense and Im sure the accorhotel people in this forum are nice, but I just feel that way. I hope the Accorhotel FT understand and respect that standpoint.

Last edited by Nick Art; Jun 30, 18 at 3:24 pm

Search this Thread