Community
Wiki Posts
Search

need one qualifying stay before 7/1

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2018, 2:58 pm

Quick question: Last year I booked 2 rooms on the same night from the same FPC acct for a single night stay at Fairmont SF. This posted as 2 Qualifying stays. Is this standard or did I luck out and it shouldn't have happened? In most other hotel programs (SPG excluded), this would have posted as a single Qualified stay rather than as 2 stays. Need to know for this current "Stay 2" FPC promo. If I can book 2 rooms on the same night and have them both count as Qualifying, this will save me from having to book and checkin for a second stay I don't need later this month. Thanks in advance if anybody knows the answer!!
Old Jun 14, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Quick question: Last year I booked 2 rooms on the same night from the same FPC acct for a single night stay at Fairmont SF. This posted as 2 Qualifying stays. Is this standard or did I luck out and it shouldn't have happened? In most other hotel programs (SPG excluded), this would have posted as a single Qualified stay rather than as 2 stays. Need to know for this current "Stay 2" FPC promo. If I can book 2 rooms on the same night and have them both count as Qualifying, this will save me from having to book and checkin for a second stay I don't need later this month. Thanks in advance if anybody knows the answer!!
You lucked out. I've also seen that happen, but you're only supposed to get credit for 1 room. I've also seen it show up as 2 stays in my account, and have it corrected retroactively some time later.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:00 am

Doing a "mattress run" at the Fairmont Chicago right now... to get the extra round of bonuses with 2 stays... sad to see the end of the Fairmont card program.... It's been fun while it lasted.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 12:30 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
It's TOO LATE !
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question WEB site issue?

Logged into my profile on July 1 after my one night stay in Montreal. The (error) message says WEB site is been re-configured for Accor. Excuse me? Accor had months to prepare for a smooth transition. Why LM? Slightly better results by calling the Plat desk to book my free night rewards. The new certs haven't been loaded yet - but - I was told they would be by July 12.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Anyone receive these certificates? I saw online that if you didn't, you should email [email protected] with details... did so and awaiting a response
Old Jul 8, 2018, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Anyone receive these certificates? I saw online that if you didn't, you should email [email protected] with details... did so and awaiting a response
Let us know if you get anywhere. I didn't get credit for my stay in Maui in May, so haven't seen the certificates. I'm wondering if I email them, will I get a response?
Old Jul 8, 2018, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by lbotez
Let us know if you get anywhere. I didn't get credit for my stay in Maui in May, so haven't seen the certificates. I'm wondering if I email them, will I get a response?
Maybe, maybe not. Based on my experience with Accor CS there's a reasonable chance you'll get a canned response that may or may not address your issue. In approx. one month.

You could also try calling the North American CS #; if you're lucky you'll be connected with the former Fairmont agents in Moncton who know what they're doing.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
yes

I did get my certs - earlier than I expected.
Logged on a couple of days ago and - much to my surprise - it was back to the FPC log in and the certs were all there. Quicker than a bunny, called Moncton & booked my 2nd free nights @ The Savoy!
Old Jul 15, 2018, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by lbotez
I am also missing my certs. I had 2 stays at Fairmont Singapore in Jan and Feb. The second one didn't post on its own, so I called Fairmont to have it added, and it did post. However, it disappeared in the merge. I reached out to Guest Relations Mgr in SIN and she is getting it fixed for me.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Reached out, told that one of my stays was not qualifying. Frustrating since when I booked it, I confirmed that it was. Bittersweet departure for what has become of a once great hotel chain and program...
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:51 am

Is it just the bonus certs just the base ones (ie. 1 night, 2 suite, 2 room, 4 dining)? or is it also supposed to include the platinum benefit ones as well?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by jasonchan
Is it just the bonus certs just the base ones (ie. 1 night, 2 suite, 2 room, 4 dining)? or is it also supposed to include the platinum benefit ones as well?
Just the base certs. No additional Passion Benefit selections.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
Last week I checked my Fairmont profile and it was only showing 1 of the 2 stays that I had prior to the end of June and of course no bonus certs. I checked again and it is now showing both stays but no certs. I had to call into the Plat line to book an upcoming trip to Mayakoba so I enquired as to why they hadn't posted and was told it was completely out of their hands and she had to transfer me to Accor. Shortly thereafter, I get a pre-recorded message saying that the wait time will be over 30 mins. Things to look forward to post merger! I don't think I have ever had to wait more than a minute when calling Fairmont. Needless to say I wasn't going to wait on the line for who knows how long so hopefully they rectify the issue themselves
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I am also missing my certs. I had 2 stays at Fairmont Singapore in Jan and Feb. The second one didn't post on its own, so I called Fairmont to have it added, and it did post. However, it disappeared in the merge. I reached out to Guest Relations Mgr in SIN and she is getting it fixed for me.
I contacted the hotel and they had the missing stay added to my account but still no certs. A quick call to Fairmont in Moncton and I now have the certs in my account. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.