Fairmont Xmas Deals

Old May 13, 18, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Fairmont Xmas Deals

Hi All. I am a newbie. I have enjoyed staying a few Fairmont Hotels across Canada, including doing Xmas at Fairmont Banff! ( Awesome!!!) This year I and really want to go to Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City for Xmas. Does anyone know of any deals/ promos for The Fairmont? I'm travelling all the way from Sydney Australia.
Thanks
Old May 14, 18, 6:19 am

Are you a member of Costco Australia? If so, the best deal would be to buy LifeExperience certificates at Costco Canada, that are discounted by 25% (www.costco.ca/LifeExperiences.ca-%24100-E-Certificate-.product.100242430.html). You can use these gift cards to buy "experiences" in Canada, is vouchers for a Fairmont hotel stay in Canada. These certificates come and go but are currently available. I am a member of Costco USA and was purchase these certificates and use them at the Fairmont in Winnipeg. Caveats: (1) these vouchers are only good for Fairmont hotels located in Canada; (2) Australian Costco member.may not be able to access all of Costco Canada's online offerings: www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60982-i38-k10480485-Australian_use_of_Costco_Travel-Honolulu_Oahu_Hawaii.html

Fairmont offers periodic discount Great Rate deals for close-in stays for its President's Club Members (www.fairmont.com/my-fpc/great-rate), but you shouldn't expect anything for the period around Christmas.
Old May 14, 18, 6:56 am

Programs: TK*G, AC Aeroplan, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Nexus/GE, Hertz #1 Gold
I agree with HeavenlyJane. Definitely buy the LifeExperience certificates through Costco. If you're not a member, find a friend who is. Or buy a basic membership. A 25% savings off of Christmas rates (and everything else you buy there and charge to the room) can be a nice discount.

At that time of year, I wouldn't expect to find many discounts. I noticed that, surprisingly, the CAA/AAA rates, which give a 20% discount at the Frontenac, are still valid over Christmas. I don't know if being a member of the Australian Automobile Association counts. They just say CAA and AAA members. Combine that 20% discount with the 25% discounted LE certificates, and that might be about the best rate you can get. Alternatively, you might find other promotions that, while still charging full BAR rates, offer things like free breakfasts or included hotel amenities. If you can't get the AAA discount, a package with such amenities included, combined with the LE certificate discount, might be the best you can do.

Le Ch teau Frontenac is one of my favourite properties. I've never been there over Christmas, but I imagine it would be pretty nice.
Old May 14, 18, 10:57 am

Couldn't ausal join AARP and get that discount? You don't have to be old to be a member of AARP.
Old May 14, 18, 11:39 am

Programs: TK*G, AC Aeroplan, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Nexus/GE, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by HeavenlyJane View Post
Couldn't ausal join AARP and get that discount? You don't have to be old to be a member of AARP.
Quite possibly. I know most of the Canadian Fairmont properties say anyone who is 55+ or is a member of CARP can use the Seniors rates (which are typically similar to the CAA rates). I've not explored this much, as I'm still quite a ways off from being in that age bracket.
Brendan likes this.
Old May 14, 18, 4:46 pm

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz Au+ , IHG Au, Hyatt, Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Pt & Life Au, Accor Ag
Ausal, why do want to leave the Aussie summer again to come freeze your bum/ butt off in the Canadian winter ? At least in Banff you could go skiing, but I'm so surprised you would want to walk around Quebec City in December when 0C is a heat wave, -10C is a normal afternoon, & -30C is possible at night!
Old May 14, 18, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

A white Xmas is something we dream of here in Australia! We can have days of 40+ degrees where it is unbearable to go outside. So having snowball fights, building snowmen, drinking hot chocolates and making smores is a great way to spend xmas. And the Fairmont does such an incredible job of making everything feel festive. Before Santa loses his novelty we want to make the most of it!

Thanks for the great info I will definitely be checking it all out
Brendan likes this.
Old May 14, 18, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
Ausal, why do want to leave the Aussie summer again to come freeze your bum/ butt off in the Canadian winter ? At least in Banff you could go skiing, but I'm so surprised you would want to walk around Quebec City in December when 0C is a heat wave, -10C is a normal afternoon, & -30C is possible at night!
Some people (like me) actually prefer the cold to the heat... winter is my favourite season. I spend my winter travelling around ski hills. As for Quebec City, there is some decent skiing in the area; not nearly as good as Banff, but still decent skiing. When the summer temperatures reach the upper 20s, I start to melt. While many like it, I couldn't survive in the 40-degree temps that ausal refers to.
Brendan likes this.
Old May 15, 18, 12:01 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
You can't really count on snow in Montreal / Quebec City for Christmas anymore...... perhaps going to Charlevoix should be consider. Or just stay on West coast of Canada.
Old May 15, 18, 2:13 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Check the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac website now. I booked a 50% off promo two weeks ago for the first week in December 2018.
HeavenlyJane and Brendan like this.
Old May 15, 18, 3:14 pm

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz Au+ , IHG Au, Hyatt, Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Pt & Life Au, Accor Ag
Re: ABG: Too bad Mont-Tremblant & Charlevoix are insanely expensive for Christmas!
Old May 15, 18, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
Re: ABG: Too bad Mont-Tremblant & Charlevoix are insanely expensive for Christmas!
I stayed at Tremblant over Christmas once. Expensive, yes, but they do up the village pretty nice at Christmas. The recent renovations to the common areas at Fairmont Tremblant are nicely done... not in the same league as the Frontenac, but still nice. Tremblant is my second-most frequented Fairmont, after Lake Louise. I have an unlimited ski pass this year, so I might step up the visits even more!
Old May 19, 18, 6:54 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
I have stayed at the Frontenac, a few days before Christmas and I highly recommend it. Quebec City is really charming with the decor and Christmas lights. I'm not sure how much time is planned there, but an excursion to Charlevoix or Termblant is also a very good use of time.

Search this Thread