Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

FPC Great Rates Great Dates - Full non refundable deposit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

I have a couple of Life Experience $100 gift certificates that I bought from costco.ca https://www.costco.ca/LifeExperience...100242430.html and then redeemed at https://www.lifeexperiences.ca/product.php?region=1&category=5&product=2402 for a Fairmont $100 gift certificate.
I am planning to use them with a Fairmont President's Club Great Rate booking. Those rates are prepaid non-refundable deposit required.
I was wondering if anybody has had a prepaid non-refundable deposit required booking at a Fairmont hotel and was able to have the deposit refunded at check out/in and a gift certificate applied to the room charges.
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Yes, I've had the hotel refund a deposit so I could apply a gift card. It's never been a problem for me, but just to be sure, I've always first sent an e-mail asking them if they would do that. That way I would have something with me at the hotel when asking them to process the refund. You will probably have to do all of this at the time of check-out, so be sure you're not in a rush when trying to leave, since it may take a bit to process everything.
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:23 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I just give them the cash cards when I check in and ask them to refund my credit card. Gives them more time to handle it and never had an issue.
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
I just give them the cash cards when I check in and ask them to refund my credit card. Gives them more time to handle it and never had an issue.
I have occasionally had issues with this. Some hotels insisted on waiting until the end of my stay before refunding the deposit.
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I have occasionally had issues with this. Some hotels insisted on waiting until the end of my stay before refunding the deposit.
But it's still a better tactic to try this anyway. If they'll do it, it saves time at checkout, and if they won't, it didn't cost you anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.