Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Did your 2018 FPC Plat certs post?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:40 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by lbotez
Got my Premiere certificates just now (1PM Central). Didn't show earlier, so they must be loading them in at different times.... Thanks, Fairmont! Going to try to get in 2 stays to get the extra certificates as per the email I received a week ago...

"Your Fairmont President’s Club membership will continue until July 1, 2018. On July 2, 2018 you will receive a Silver membership with Le Club AccorHotels.

As a gesture of our gratitude for your loyalty through this transition, you will be eligible to receive as a bonus another full set of Fairmont President’s Club e-certificates in July. This will be in addition to the e-certificates you receive in March.* All you need to do is have two qualifying stays with Fairmont, Raffles or Swissôtel between January 1 and July 1, 2018."

Not everyone got this email, apparently.
I didn't receive this offer unfortunately. Do they extend this to you if you call in to request for it?
Old Mar 3, 2018, 4:26 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by ireman
i'm surprised that many of you taking the food experience ( for me it was always hit and miss dinner ) and many are not taking the Suite upgrade !!
For most of us, the lost of certs is a big lost but again looking at all the choices in benefit it's seem that the room upgrade and the Suite upgrade are not the favorite one.
i understand that most of us with two nights before july 1 will received another set of certs but i still think the Suite upgrade his the best reward value and the 100$ dinner .

my 2 cents on it / cheers
i agree that suite upgrades are potentially the most valuable if you can make proper use of them (like a week at a resort with family), but that's not my stay pattern. Most of my Fairmont stays are at the Savoy, where you can't use them. I think this past membership year I had 2 stays at other Fairmontts: the first was a 1-nighter at a city property last March, where I was in the room only to sleep and did not want to waste it so early in the membership year, and the second was in Scottsdale, where I really enjoy the lounge and used my last Gold upgrade instead. I think during the prior year I tried to use one in Monte Carlo for a seaview suite, but none were available, so I've had leftovers for at least the last 2 years.

Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by lsed
I didn't receive this offer unfortunately. Do they extend this to you if you call in to request for it?
I got this email on Jan 21st. Go back and look around then and see if you have an email from Fairmont Hotels & Resorts called [first name], A Bonus for You. It's buried in that email; you might of just trashed it...
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by lbotez
you might of just trashed it...
Or you might have.
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by lsed
It’s not targeted. Offer is on Fairmont website.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:00 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Gotten weird for me, could select my two benefits, got the 100$ certificate posted right away but no other certs. Today I see I have been downgraded to club member lol. I knew this was going to be a mess with Accor...
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
Gotten weird for me, could select my two benefits, got the 100$ certificate posted right away but no other certs. Today I see I have been downgraded to club member lol. I knew this was going to be a mess with Accor...
Did you requalify for Platinum?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
What was your 2nd selection? The $50 gift card was sent out 1-2 weeks later last year, maybe longer. I think there was a thread if you want to look for it.
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:55 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
The Savoy

I called the Plat desk in Moncton as soon as my certs posted (March 2 BTW). I was "on hold" for a long time but I was able to score The Savoy for Valentine's Day 2019! I used the opportunity to inquire about the expiry date of the add'l certs to be granted on or after July 1 (with 2 qualifying stays in 2019). The answer is (also) Feb 28, 2019. Use it or lose it..............no extensions IMO.
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Guava
Did you requalify for Platinum?
Yes, I used to be granted Platinum through private banking, had an inkling it would be gone under Accor so in Jan 2017 entered PLAT5 which was accepted.

I could select the extra benefits on March 1st but no certs, like many, and my status said Platinum on March 1st. I am now Club level even though I stayed 10 nights (at least) in 2017 which should make me Premier at least.

Don't get why I was downgraded to Club.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:57 am

Yes, I used to be granted Platinum through private banking, had an inkling it would be gone under Accor so in Jan 2017 entered PLAT5 which was accepted.

I could select the extra benefits on March 1st but no certs, like many, and my status said Platinum on March 1st. I am now Club level even though I stayed 10 nights (at least) in 2017 which should make me Premier at least.

If you stayed 10 nights you should be at least Premier. Maybe they haven't decided yet what to do with you. I'd give them a call. They still have the "10 nights you are a Premier" on the website. The Fairmont President's club is still valid for a few more months.
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:56 pm

They never gave me a reason for my "downgrade" (I had cheekily suggested it was an IT error in my email to them). Seriously, just send a quick email to the address I posted above - not even 10 hour response time and all was fixed!

Also many thanks margarita girl, I was going to contact about missing email (assume it wasn't sent because I was coded as "club member"), but after some searching I did find the relevant bit on the website - will amend a travel plan and get those extra certs!
margarita girl and Brendan like this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:32 pm

Thanks for the replies, I had contacted the 1st about the missing certs, they replied they were doing them in batches. Then today the downgrade to Club, with the platinum benefits extra $100 cert still there (I realize the email gift card I also selected takes a little longer).

Sent them another message so will wait and see.
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
My Platinum certificates posted, and status renewed

Last edited by MasterGeek; Mar 5, 2018 at 2:50 pm
Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
They never gave me a reason for my "downgrade" (I had cheekily suggested it was an IT error in my email to them). Seriously, just send a quick email to the address I posted above - not even 10 hour response time and all was fixed!

Also many thanks margarita girl, I was going to contact about missing email (assume it wasn't sent because I was coded as "club member"), but after some searching I did find the relevant bit on the website - will amend a travel plan and get those extra certs!
Thank both of you- nomadic.relief and margarita girl- I emailed Fairmont who apologized. Now I am back to Plat with all my certs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.