Can I book an award stay for someone else?

Old Feb 4, 18, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, PC Plat, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat, etc
Can I book an award stay for someone else?

Hi,

I have a couple of Fairmont free night certificates from Chase. Looking to make a reservation for a friend. Can I book directly for him or do I have to be present on the reservation and add him as a second guest?

Thank you!
Old Feb 4, 18, 11:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Yoksel View Post
Can I book directly for him or do I have to be present on the reservation and add him as a second guest?
If you're not physically staying, you can't do it.
Old Feb 11, 18, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Yoksel View Post
Hi,

I have a couple of Fairmont free night certificates from Chase. Looking to make a reservation for a friend. Can I book directly for him or do I have to be present on the reservation and add him as a second guest?

Thank you!
Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
If you are FPC Platinum and those certificates are transferable like just about every FPC certificate in your FPC account, then you can transfer them to your friend's FPC account and have them make those free night reservations under their own names. If you are not FPC Platinum, then the answer is a no. I have yet to see a certificate that is not transferable for a FPC Platinum, including some special one time only bonuses or time limited events - all transferable but the precondition is that you have to achieve FPC Platinum status.
Old Feb 11, 18, 3:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
Technically. However you could add them as a 2nd guest on the room and they can check in first. Your flight might get delayed so he/she beat you there, who's to know.
Old Feb 11, 18, 5:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh View Post
Technically. However you could add them as a 2nd guest on the room and they can check in first. Your flight might get delayed so he/she beat you there, who's to know.
If you're comfortable committing fraud, there's a lot you can do.
Old Feb 11, 18, 11:43 pm

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz Au+ , IHG Au, Hyatt, Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Pt & Life Au, Accor Ag
Speaking of fraud, Plat members are allowed to transfer cert.s only to immediate family. Transferring to anybody else requires lying to the Website, which could arouse suspicions if a human audits it. S/He will especially question it if a man transfers to another man with a different last name and address: "Mr. Smith, how is your son's/ father's/ brother's name Mr. Jones?"
Old Feb 11, 18, 11:45 pm

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz Au+ , IHG Au, Hyatt, Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Pt & Life Au, Accor Ag
I wonder if the rules will change on July 2 when Accor takes over fully ?

Search this Thread