Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

What's so special about Tuesdays in summer at Lake Louise?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's so special about Tuesdays in summer at Lake Louise?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Exclamation What's so special about Tuesdays in summer at Lake Louise?

Lake Louise has "Fairmont Lakeview Rooms" available for Aug. 2018, which are the rooms into which I incorrectly thought the Chase Free Nights booked into ! But the below still holds true, because the Tuesday one-nighters have only Gold rooms, suites, etc. available.
My question is: They're available for single-night stays on Mon. Aug. 13 or Wed. Aug. 15, also 2-nighters Aug. 13--15 or Aug. 14--16, but not for the lone night of Tue. Aug. 14! Almost the same situation the previous week: Aug. 7 is available only if you also take Aug. 8!
I can understand a leisure resort demanding a 2-night minimum on weekends, i.e. no 1-nighters on Fridays &or Saturdays. But Tuesdays?!

Last edited by Brendan; Jan 18, 2018 at 8:07 am Reason: Correction by Gregorygrady in Post 3!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
I can't think of anything special about Tuesdays there. All I can think of, and this is just a guess, is that perhaps they really are sold out of Lakeview Rooms on the Tuesday, but have them on the Monday and Wednesday. It could then be they are willing to oversell the category on the Tuesday for someone who books both Monday and Tuesday, or Tuesday and Wednesday, with the intent of upgrading an existing single Tuesday night Lakeview Room booking to a Jr. Lakeview Suite if necessary.

Depending on what you decide, I might see you there... I'm booked in for Aug 16 through 26 (split between BSH and CLL).

Last edited by CanadaDH; Jan 17, 2018 at 6:28 pm
Old Jan 17, 2018, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan
First the good news: Lake Louise has "Fairmont Lakeview Rooms" available for Aug. 2018, which are the rooms into which the Chase Free Nights book into !
Do the Chase Visa Free Nights somehow book into different rooms than the rooms the FPC Plat Free Nights book into? I was told that the FPC Plat Free Nights only book into either Fairmont Rooms, or Fairmont Mountain View Rooms. Even a Room Upgrade Cert will not get you into a Fairmont Lakeview Room according to the person I spoke with, rather it will upgrade you into a larger "Deluxe Room" with what I assume is a view of the parking lot.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Oops! I bet that Gregory is right! I remembered only that CLL did allow freebie bookings into one type of Fairmont something-View Rooms, but I probably borked ( = hit the ball foul or out of bounds) by forgetting it was Mountain, not Lakeview. Sorry!

CanadaDH, your dates are the exact dates of the Edmonton Fringe, which I intend to attend Aug. 16--24, preceded by RocktheLake Kelowna Aug. 10--12.

Last edited by Brendan; Jan 18, 2018 at 8:13 am
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
It's probably a tour cycle thing. A few extra tours in house each Tuesday? Just a guess.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

BTW, Jasper is doing the same thing at that time. Indeed, one-nighters on Aug. 14 are completely sold out, but 2-nighters are available in "Fairmont Rooms" so therefore for free Platinum and Chase cert.s!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.