Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Lowered requirements for Fairmont Platinum status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC

I just got an email allowing me to sign up for an accelerated path to Platinum status - now only 7 stays / 20 nights...which I am going to hit! Really awesome that I will be getting an unexpected bump in status for next year!

Did anyone else get a similar offer?
Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Any ideas what may have triggered this?
How many nights/stays this year so far?
Is this your first year in PC?
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dmodemd
Any ideas what may have triggered this?
How many nights/stays this year so far?
Is this your first year in PC?
Currently at 4 stays / 11 nights. This is my 2nd year as a Premier member but have been a PC member for 4+ years. No idea why I was targeted - especially because I already have the bookings in place to hit it! Maybe I'm too used to UA's ludicrous targets for these kinds of things...
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
That is interesting. If they're sending out e-mails, incentivizing you to try to reach Platinum status for next year, perhaps it's a positive sign about having FPC for another year. It would be pretty sleazy to try to push people to get FPC Plat status, and then kill the program right after, although, I guess no low would surprise me with Accor.

In your case, with 11 nights completed, I can see the logic in making that offer. Fairmont probably sees you've already requalified for Premier, but are still a fair way from the 30 night threshold for Platinum. Maybe with this offer, they think it will be enough to drive a bit of additional business before the end of the year, and then get you hooked on trying to maintain it the next year.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:29 pm

What about the member has already completed 20 nights or 7 stays? Are they automatically upgraded to be Platinum?
Old Oct 6, 2017, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by singhotdeal
What about the member has already completed 20 nights or 7 stays? Are they automatically upgraded to be Platinum?
I think it's a targeted offer - I had to click through the link in the email to register for the accelerated status.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 5:53 pm

This is one of the best e-mails I've gotten all year I think. OP didn't post all the details, but this e-mail confirms that FPC will be around another year and that FPC Plats will be getting a new set of certs on 3/1/18!!!! As a Lifetime FPC Plat, all I can say is:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FWIW, a family member of mine rec'd this targeted e-mail. They are (more like WERE I guess) a Chase Fairmont CC holder. They only have a single stay credit this year (and that was from spending $7500 on their Chase CC). They got the same offer as the OP (7 stays or 20 nights will get them FPC Plat, INCLUDING all the stays they've already made this year). Here is the full cut and paste of the e-mail (bolding mine):

As a valued member of Fairmont President’s Club, you have been selected to fast track to Platinum status. With just 7 stays or 20 nights, inclusive of any stays completed to date in 2017, you will enjoy all the exclusive benefits of Platinum membership.*

EARN PLATINUM
STATUS IN ONLY

7 STAYS

OR

20 NIGHTS

Achieve Platinum status now and enjoy these benefits from March 1, 2018 to the end of the Fairmont President’s Club member year.
• Complimentary room and suite upgrade e-certificates
• $100 dining or Willow Stream Spa e-certificates
• Complimentary night e-certificate
• A personal travel concierge and much more
Brendan likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 10:27 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I got the same thing. I have 3 stay credits & 4 night credits: 2 from spending $15K on the Fairmont Visa before it became a CSP + 2 from a B2G1 cert I used in Banff. But I don't foresee 4 more stays this year !
Old Oct 15, 2017, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

I called into the PC hotline just to make sure I had signed up for it (as it closed yesterday). It seems like they are aggregating responses and will apply the status change on March 1st of next year, but otherwise there will be no additional notification as to the lowered requirements. I guess I will wait to see in 4.5 months to make sure the updated status hits
Old Oct 16, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: *G (as are spouse and 2 kids), ACCOR ALL DIAMOND, Marriott - GE
Great News!

This is very reassuring. I booked March 2018 at the Orchid and with the uncertainty of the program next year when I initially booked a very sweet BRG rate, the Plat line could not confirm they could extend any of my certificates despite me attaining Plat status for next year - have 34 nights.

I emailed the Orchid directly and asked if they could consider the above request and they stated that they would hold one suite for now; if the program went in a direction that did not include certs for "2018 Platinum members", she stated that "we can always get rid of the suite anyway".

Woo Hoo!!!^^
Brendan likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 12:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
I have signed up for this offer, completed the required stays, last stay posted about a week ago on my account, but my statu remain unchanged, how long do you have to wait with Fairmont to get your new statu?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pvgman
I have signed up for this offer, completed the required stays, last stay posted about a week ago on my account, but my statu remain unchanged, how long do you have to wait with Fairmont to get your new statu?
When I called the hotline to ask, they said that it is something being kept track of at the 'corporate' level and that it won't be applied until March 1st.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
When I called the hotline to ask, they said that it is something being kept track of at the 'corporate' level and that it won't be applied until March 1st.
Actually, that's just standard. The FPC status year has always started on March 1. They would give you early status recognition if you qualified by September 30, but anyone earning status between Oct and Dec would have their new status take effect on March 1.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:16 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Actually, that's just standard. The FPC status year has always started on March 1. They would give you early status recognition if you qualified by September 30, but anyone earning status between Oct and Dec would have their new status take effect on March 1.
Correct. In 2015 I had completed enough stays to be Platinum in April and they immediately gave me the status a day later.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
What are the 'cheapest' Fairmont's worldwide ? in Europe ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.